Why of late are so many topics so racist?

Initiate

PostTue Sep 29, 2009 6:39 am » by Strider2

sawltydawg wrote:
(so sorry to interrupt the off-topic chatter )

eight words and a sarcastic smiley away from a perfect post.
:flop:

Thanks for the compliment sawlty. But notice how the message fell on deaf ears! Things will get worse before they get better.

Initiate

PostTue Sep 29, 2009 8:29 am » by Liberal

windycity wrote:This is only my opinion. Im new here, but I've observed several threads that have become racist. I think discussing religion, race, nationality is a good thing. Its been swept under the rug for to long. Giving us an open platform to do this is great. But.......

Discussing the issue like the adults were suppose to be is one matter. Insulting the posters for their opinions, and showing your hatred for the issue is another. We can all agree to disagree without using the vocabulary thats used by some. It drags the whole subject down the tubes, the thread becomes hyjacked, and nothing is gained or learned.

It seems to me that if you give some people the freedom to act, or interact, to debate the issues, they become lost in the subject at hand, and insulting. Perhaps due to a lack of a valid opinion, or insight into the issue at hand, the poster becomes defensive and irrate. Who knows, and quite frankly, who cares.

Anyway, I dont think the topics are always intended to be racist in nature, but its the mental migits who are one french fry short of a happy meal that make them that way. Really unfortunate, but thats why racism has always been swept under the rug.

Yes!

Initiate

PostTue Sep 29, 2009 8:34 am » by Liberal

windycity wrote:I really dont feel the need to defend myself here, and so I wont waste anyones time. Like I said, people are entitled to their opinions. Its when they feel the need to do so with insults that drags a thread down.

Don't be discouraged bud, really. For all the a-holes who will attack you on this forum, even those who hide under the guise of intellectualism, you will find 10 times more people who totally agree with you.

If you allow yourself to be discouraged by those with lesser mental capacity, or with selfish hearts who don't really care about anyone but themselves, then you will lose your voice. Your voice is valid, and important, if only because it is yours.

Initiate

PostTue Oct 06, 2009 4:43 am » by Strider2

liberal wrote:
strider2 wrote:We should just stick to the facts. The truth is that we were all created equal, then we got confused.

Truth!

Funny though, you are quoting words from former slave owners!

lol, just had to toss that in.

I'd be interested to see the other quote you mentioned. ;-)

I also wonder to what degree debt=slavery.

Previous