Why religion is going down!

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 1:54 am » by Noentry

James Flynn: Why our IQ levels are higher than our grandparents'

Upload to Disclose.tv

In 1900, only 3% of Americans practiced professions that were deemed "cognitively demanding." Today, 35% of us do, and we have all learned to be flexible in the way that we think about problems. In this fascinating and fast-paced spin through the cognitive history of the 20th century, moral philosopher James Flynn makes the case that changes in the way we think have had surprising (and not always positive) consequences.

As intelligence increases religion will decrease.
:look:

Call it a prophesy if you like.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Writer

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 1:58 am » by Spacejunkie

That is a brilliant conclusion ! I love it !

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 am » by Noentry

Spacejunkie wrote:That is a brilliant conclusion ! I love it !

seems logical to me.

:cheers:
A. A. Milne

Writer

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 4:02 am » by outlander-district6

Noentry wrote:James Flynn: Why our IQ levels are higher than our grandparents'

Upload to Disclose.tv

In 1900, only 3% of Americans practiced professions that were deemed "cognitively demanding." Today, 35% of us do, and we have all learned to be flexible in the way that we think about problems. In this fascinating and fast-paced spin through the cognitive history of the 20th century, moral philosopher James Flynn makes the case that changes in the way we think have had surprising (and not always positive) consequences.

Errr...um.....testing has a lot to do with that.....among other observations.
Among them, most importantly, and most significantly, is that people use religion, for their "feel good" measure. To allow them freedom to do as they desire, without consequences, any real authority to answer to.
What has changed the most since your grandparents, is social morality, and verbal expressive communication. So, as social morality declines, and communicative arts increase, people are much more fluent in just making fine "excuses" for their behaviors/wants/desires.
In 1900, we did not enjoy the "agricultural machine" we have today. It was the increase in industrialized farming that freed up the extra percentage to pursue other ventures.

Any facts can be mis-used to represent any cause, or case.
It happens in courtrooms every day.
It depends on if you are the prosecutor, or the defendant.
Very often, when I log in, I see at the top of the page....Chat (1)........JUST WHO IN THE HELL ARE THEY CHATTING WITH???? :ohno:

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 4:33 am » by Noentry

outlander-district6 wrote:
Among them, most importantly, and most significantly, is that people use religion, for their "feel good" measure. To allow them freedom to do as they desire, without consequences, any real authority to answer to.
What has changed the most since your grandparents, is social morality, and verbal expressive communication. So, as social morality declines, and communicative arts increase, people are much more fluent in just making fine "excuses" for their behaviors/wants/desires.
In 1900, we did not enjoy the "agricultural machine" we have today. It was the increase in industrialized farming that freed up the extra percentage to pursue other ventures.

Agreed.
Another important factor is we have learned to use logic to attack the hypothetical.
And the ability to explore more then main stream ideals without fear of ridicule and isolation.

All in all we are moving away from collective reasoning into an era of individual judgement and responsibility.

Religion will not survive this.
And why it is going down.
A. A. Milne

Writer

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 4:51 am » by outlander-district6

Noentry wrote:

Agreed.
Another important factor is we have learned to use logic to attack the hypothetical.
And the ability to explore more then main stream ideals without fear of ridicule and isolation.

All in all we are moving away from collective reasoning into an era of individual judgement and responsibility.

Religion will not survive this.
And why it is going down.

Individual judgement? probably, but individual responsibility? People have been running from responsibility in droves.
If mankind fails, it will be to lack of tolerance, from all sides.
We do not live in a drug induced perfect world, but one in which so many refuse reality.
Very often, when I log in, I see at the top of the page....Chat (1)........JUST WHO IN THE HELL ARE THEY CHATTING WITH???? :ohno:

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 5:37 am » by Noentry

Individual judgement? probably, but individual responsibility? People have been running from responsibility in droves.
If mankind fails, it will be to lack of tolerance, from all sides.
We do not live in a drug induced perfect world, but one in which so many refuse reality.

Not all people just the ones who are weak.
I can not imagine not facing my responsibilities.
I am sure there are many who do not shirk their responsibilities.

Intolerance is a byproduct of negative collective reasoning.
At the individual level intolerance manifests as ignorance, I like to think on an individual level this intolerance can be muted with knowledge.
Many refuse the obvious because many still suffer from post-traumatic collectivism disorder.
Reality is and always shall be subjective, we will never agree to a unified ideology even in an artificial community.
I do not think mankind will survive another 100 years in the shadow of collectivism, it is sink or swim.

Swim out into an ocean of self responsibility or sink in the ocean of indignation.

I hope most would choose to swim.
A. A. Milne

Initiate

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 5:41 am » by SonOfGodEternalFlame

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

it is prophecy :sunny:

Writer

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 6:20 am » by outlander-district6

Intolerance is also a product of narcissism...placing self importance over individual respect.
On an individual level, this intolerance can be lessened, by removing the importance placed on trivialities, such as another's beliefs.

How one conducts themselves socially, is observance on which they consider trivial, and priority.
No one is without fault. So, is the convulsiveness caused by quiet believers, or the extremist few?

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 7:25 am » by jamesgodin5

Upload to Disclose.tv

Its "Prophecy", your so bat shit stupid not only can you not spell, but you believe in the stupidest of things. The average I.Q. of an American citizen is 98, which is 2 whole point below average. Most Americans don't even know what political party Obama belongs too. Wishful thinking cyber-douches! :yell:

Next