Why RUSH Sucks !

Conspirator

PostTue May 15, 2012 3:11 am » by Shaggietrip

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Thank again Harbin for the Rush thread. How you interpret the tunes I can only imagine. Internal struggles are good for a man. Stay well

:flop:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Conspirator

PostTue May 15, 2012 3:16 am » by Harbin

Geddy Lee’s whiny, nasally, complaining vocals, sound so much like Alice Kramden of The Honeymooners,...

Ok seriously, why RUSH suck even more, it's not even a "progressive" band...

Progressive Metal/Rock, just as the name says, “Progressive means moving forward,” is always on the cutting edge of new and innovative. It’s just the best stuff out when looking for something “new” and how about……”Progressive.” This is not Rush. There never was nor will there ever be anything progressive about Rush. I find people who are into Progressive Metal/Rock, feel they need to include these hacks in their Prog Metal list of fav’s. There is only one good thing about this dumb fuckin’ band….that is the drummer, Neil Peart. He needs to be playing with real musicians. But, that doesn’t mean I think Peart is that good of a drummer either. Just better at what he does than the other two jack-offs. And, when it comes to a small handful of the worst singers ever, that fuckin’ toucan Geddy Lee pops right up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PortraitOfAToucan.jpg

Geddy Lee’s whiny, nasally, complaining vocals, sound so much like Alice Kramden of The Honeymooners, in rare form goin’ off on Ralph. When I hear Geddy start up with his shit, I imagine seeing a large skillet flying, like an ICBM through the air to kiss his scarecrow face, exactly like a cartoon. And then see the metal of the pan mold around and take shape of his huge beak. Oh…if only that could stop his noise. Geddy’s bass playing is almost as useless as Alex Lifeless’ guitar playing. Geddy’s bass playing is just so weak with nothing to add. The guy just can’t play anything creative at all. Geddy works his bass like it’s a wrench on a nut. Alex Lifeson must be the most pathetic excuse for a guitar player right alongside The Firm of U2 (believe me, I’ll get to those useless-worthless U2 fuckers). Rush may be in 2nd place for being the most overrated band to have success in the world.

Really, what does Lifeson need with a guitar anyway? Lifeson handles a guitar just like an actor does in a movie and you know that actor has never picked up one before in his life. I’ve seen children operate an inflatable ballon guitar with more dexterity than Lifeson. Watching Alex Lifeson try to work a guitar, is like watching a 95 year old with advanced arthritis use a Rubik’s Cube.

Then there’s the music of Mush…er..ahh..Rush. Songs with no ending in sight. And these lackluster songs just go on and on and on. Maybe if Rush had a real guitar player and a real bass player, then you’d have something. But, if you did that, then you’d have a real band anyway, wouldn’t cha’? So, in closing, if you’re into Prog Metal that’s great, good for you for having some taste. But, if you like these guys Rush, they don’t belong in the same catagory as real players.

Crappy…..

http://crappystruth.wordpress.com/2008/04/04/rush-the-bandawwwfuckin-sucks-into-orbit/
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostTue May 15, 2012 3:18 am » by Shaggietrip

Your quotes are meaningless against the power of Rush's lyrics!

Upload to Disclose.tv

ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Conspirator

PostTue May 15, 2012 4:04 am » by Shaggietrip

I may not be able to sway harbin in any way shape or form. I respect that and his opinion. It is his to have. It is great to now have a Rush dedicated thread. :pray:

If you do not like Rush the interview may be hard to get through. But if you like to know thing about musicians you may like this.

Think what you will of Geddy. I will post a few things of him today. Then some of the others the next few. Then start all over again.

Geddy Lee is best known as the vocalist, bassist, and keyboard player for the rock group Rush, which also features drummer Neil Peart and guitarist Alex Lifeson. Rush is the most successful Canadian music group in history, and is the third most prolific seller of consecutive (American) Gold and Platinum Records and videos, behind only the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Lee's spectacular bass-playing ability has earned him a reputation similar to that of his bandmates. All three share the distinction of being among the most highly influential virtuosos in their crafts. Geddy Lee is a natural overachiever when it comes to the production and performance of his music. He is equally well known for his wizard-like bass-playing ability as he his for his magical juggling of bass, singing, playing keyboards, and triggering his own pre-recorded accompaniments during live performances, all while maintaining his trademark enthusiasm as Rush's "frontman". Geddy has, in the past carried the dubious distinction of a hard-rocking, if somewhat unnatural, high-pitched singing voice. This has matured over the course of Geddy's career into a voice that is more widely accepted outside of Rush's original core hard-rock following, and shines most especially on recent Rush albums such as 2002's "Vapor Trails", and Geddy's polished 2000 solo album, "My Favorite Headache". After their longest break from recording and touring, A highly successful 2002 tour brought Rush back to the United States, Canada, and Mexico, to the great anticipation of fans. Rush ended their 2002 tour with their first-ever shows in Brazil, where they played to 125,000 fans in three nights. The final performance of the 2002 tour was captured on DVD as Rush in Rio (2003) (V), which was certified double-platinum within weeks of its release. Geddy is the son of Polish parents who were survivors of the Nazi concentration camps. In addition to his composing, arranging, and performing duties for Rush, Geddy has produced albums for various other bands, including Rocket Science.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1441958/bio

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

I encourage others to post good or bad also. But the good would be better. I am sure that is what the band would like. But ey who knows.

Stay well and see ya on the flip side. :cheers:
ImageImage

Master Conspirator

PostTue May 15, 2012 4:37 am » by Cornbread714

I basically hate Rush, too - I don't care how good they are, they just annoy me and they suck.

But so does Harbin.

I happen to know that Harbin only listens to this guy:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostTue May 15, 2012 10:28 pm » by Yuya63

Check this shit out, only 11 years old!!!! XYZ

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am » by Shaggietrip

Yuya63 wrote:Check this shit out, only 11 years old!!!! XYZ

Upload to Disclose.tv

Would be nice to do even 1/2 of that!

This needs no words...

Upload to Disclose.tv

:mrcool:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 4:11 am » by Shaggietrip

Before I leave. I leave you with this.

Upload to Disclose.tv

All the best Dtv. :clapper:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 pm » by Shaggietrip

Ahh the good old days....

Disproving the thread name. A must watch. well for Rush fans.

Pene Agresivo

Upload to Disclose.tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB4uwO1Dmf4

:soundblast:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 01, 2014 8:49 pm » by Shaggietrip

Chaindrive wrote:I agree with Harbin.............. to a point..

ANYTHING after Power Windows.. sucks... up to Clockwork Angels... about 60/40 depending.. more or less..

When Neil went from Slingerlands to Tamas... SUCKED.. When Geddy ditch his 4001 Rickenbacker SUCKED, and then Alex AND geddy BOTH decided to go ape shet over processors and FX rack units SUCKED..

And can SOMEBODY please explain to what the hell is the deal with Exit... Stage left..?!?!?!?!?!? Talk about OVER compression.. SUCKS... I found a 1980 bootleg when they were in kiel auditorium thats ROCKS (Permanent Waves tour)... THIS should of been released instead of Exit.,. by a LONG ways....

The Neil met Freddie Gruber.. that not the bad part and ever once in a while EVER musician needs to take a re-fresher course on their instrument... thats a given.. But I dont know if it was Freddies idea or Neils to change his set up and in his solos.. Neils is NOT a rock drummer any more, hes a percussionist ... BIG difference.. of course his treck across Africa changed some of his style and wanted to incorporate that into his solos.. I do find that part of his solo a little boring.. If he wants to continue that part, then I suggest he has a percussionist set up on one side and do what Ray Cooper did when he was with Elton John.. or whoever was the percussionist for Pink Floyds on their Delicate Sound Of Thunder tour..

I would serious like to see these three guys go back to Caress of Steel and Fly By Night sound.. it was BIG and it was a RAW sound.. the way I liked them...

I agree that there was a point of...well when things changed a bit. Not for the good btw. I have been a fan for um... looks like 30 yrs or better. I have to also agreed that some tunes suck but not the musicians/band themselves. I do find some good pieces in recent L/P's but not like the way back days. Trust me I have sat in concerts lost and disappointed. Suck hardly, bad choices yes.

:cheers:
ImageImage

Previous