Why the Food Market Will Be the Next Bubble to Burst

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 28, 2011 7:53 pm » by One-23

Quietly sitting here, happily digesting my evening meal, Oh how lovely it tasted.
Got me thinking about how the world economy has become a play ground for ever more corrupt traders, profiteering from the demise of the ill equipped and less fortunate who are sure to perish.
So it might just be another scam to pull the wool over the eyes of the public while the elite are filling thier already fat pockets with thier ill gotten gains.
So this is addressed to TPTB With so many natural disasters occuring and the fight for the controll of natural resources between nations, lets not forget we all have to eat and oil and gold might buy and run your expensive cars but your fucked when agriculture takes a dive.
Private investment firms are betting on hunger, and their reasoning, unfortunately, is sound.

Residential real estate may be slumping, but ag land is booming. In Iowa, farmland prices have never been higher, having increased a whopping 34 percent in the past year, according to The Des Moines Register. The boom is driven in part by agribusiness expansion, but also by a new player in the agriculture game: private investment firms. Both are bidding up land values for the same reason: the price of food.
They're betting on hunger, and their reasoning, unfortunately, is sound. This is bad news for would-be small farmers who can't afford land, and much worse news for the world's hungriest people, who already spend 80 percent of their income on food.

Source and full article http://www.alternet.org/story/152495/thanks_to_speculative_investors_the_food_market_will_be_the_next_bubble_to_burst
So next time you pop to a resteraunt and order your favourite dish, check the price

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 28, 2011 10:34 pm » by 99socks

cageyone23 wrote:They're betting on hunger, and their reasoning, unfortunately, is sound. This is bad news for would-be small farmers who can't afford land, and much worse news for the world's hungriest people, who already spend 80 percent of their income on food.

I don't mean to derail what you've started here, but for most of human history, FOOD took up at least 80% of people's energy (here being, where money is a resource that is exchanged for time and energy put into food production etc). Doesn't anyone think it strange that we spend 80% of our money on everything else BUT food? Our ancestors either lived on the land for free or else were slaves to the landholders. They didn't pay rent, mortgages, interest, electric bills, water bills, gas bills, sewer bills, car loans, education loans....
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/