Why Time Travel Will Never Work

Conspirator

PostMon May 10, 2010 11:11 pm » by Mushroom

elnorel wrote:
mushroom wrote:(we know this) :D

Correction.
We think we know this.

How many times has this theory changed in the last ten years alone?

We can not prove anything on such a grand scale by mere observation. Same can be said for the infinitely small.
On a grand universal scale our lives are just too short to make any concise determination and call it proof and on an atomic level, things move too fast and the same is true.

I am partial to the theory that in this dimension everything that was, and everything that will happen is fractalized in multiple dimensions.
So for example you have walked a certain road this morning on the left side, and tommorow you will walk same road on the right side.
In fractal multispace without time, both paths are occurring at the same time (strange to say this because there is no time but I cant word it any other way).
Think of a box with a ball bouncing all over inside, in multidimensional fractal space that box would be fully filled with all premutations possible.
But from our perspective we theorize on time and have no greater concept of it because we live linearly.

So in order to time travel you have to traverse this multispace dimension and only select a point to get to specific time and place.

To be honest, I was taking the piss. I would have thought that someone with your 'wisdom' could recognise sarcasm. :cheers:

jetxvii

PostMon May 10, 2010 11:16 pm » by jetxvii

elnorel wrote:
harryjackson wrote:Time travel is physically impossible as Time Changes space.
the space you sit in at this moment has been occupied many times by objects and life from the history of the world.Your body and time machine would collide with the past and future objects,and what a mess that would make.

Time travel can only be possible in Spirit,when the self has left the body. If you have the Skill and knowledge to leave your body then Time travel is indeed a reality.
It is claimed the ancient Picts ( Pretani ) shamen could do this.
I believe some still have this knowledge today.

This statement is ridiculous.
Time cannot change space and space cannot change time.

Space changes IN time. Its a difference.

Indeed that is why there is a category of space time.

Initiate

PostMon May 10, 2010 11:28 pm » by Harryjackson

Time travel is physically impossible as Time Changes space.

Simple logic is free.

You cant move solid matter through time and space,it would be like a plough ripping up a field.

Conspirator

PostTue May 11, 2010 12:29 am » by Wolfbane7272

i think it has already been accomplished ,can i prove it ? no ,but then again most of us think in terms of linear time,therefore it is doomed to fail . i appreciate the time you have put into your thesis on time travel. and for harry jackson what is matter at a sub atomic level ? energy therefore it is possible, thats the rub, if that can be figured out the the rest is all gravy these are just opinions but they are based on my own observations of energy/matter and time and space.

cheers

Conspirator

PostTue May 11, 2010 12:59 am » by Elnorel

Simple logic is free.

You cant move solid matter through time and space,it would be like a plough ripping up a field.

And you got this notion, from? :mrcool:
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Conspirator

PostTue May 11, 2010 8:25 am » by Chronicnerd

Simple logic is free.

Wow, evidently I need to go back to college...since when have we denoted time being a "physical" state? Last I knew you had space and you had energy...time is a function of energy as it moves *through space*...of course...at the rate things are changing some new quantum theory I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet or in any of the several physics books I kept (hate getting rid of books)...seem to talk about this...of course they are about 15 years+ old...so very well there could have been a new break through that just wasn't in those books...or any of Hawking's books...or Einstein...or Michio Kaku...or any of the other books I have bought and read since college.

If distance divided by velocity is the amount of "time" that will pass. Really, the time is nothing more than a relative measurement from an observation point relative to the object in question moving.

So, since we are saying that time changes space...then if you had an object sitting in one point in space over ten hours you are saying that this point in space would change becayse 10 hours of "time" had passed (relative to what)? As well, if time changes space, then that would mean that time would have to be some form of "measurable" force. A gear based clock uses the *motion* of wheels to display a *rate of speed* (turning gears) relative to the clock hands and the person viewing the clock. A digital clock uses a crystal that has a current applied to it that, in return, creates an oscillating current (motion) which then typically one uses a "counter" (refer to TI's IC book, a 555 timer can be used with a counter in order to get a good 'timing' count)...but then again this too is all based on *motion*...which is nothing more than *energy* (i.e. electrons moving...current...oscillating current...increase and/or decrease of electron flow...both conventional and traditional theories apply). However, an atomic clock...uses the *rate* at which an electron *makes a cycle* around the 'center point' of the atom...and that too has motion in it...so I am not aware of any form of clock that just measures this "time force" that *changes space*?

It sounds good and fairly esoteric...however I think either you are possibly confusing something that you might have learned...or you are confusing time with something else.

Time is nothing more than a way that we can "easily" explain the rate of change/motion as it happens relative to one another. This is why we initially based it on the motion of the sun...there is that pesky motion thing again...and why we have *imperfect* time here on the planet...the orbit of the planet is not 100% perfect to provide a concise and constant *measurement*...and why most satellites and higher altitude crafts use atomic time as opposed to standard "day light" time...as it is relative to where we are on the planet vs it being relative to something as constant as an electron's motion.

I am curious...who or where does it state that time changes space? If that is true...all sorts of new math and laws of motion can be made up based on this principle...and actually...in order for *something* to be able to *change* something else it *has to be something*...meaning when something has velocity...it has a *higher energetic state* which brings us back to *energy*...when something has a temperature is has either a *higher* or *lower* energetic state...which brings us back to *energy*...if you measure something like wind speed...or water speed (gallons per second)...it is all to measure the *quantity/amount* of that *substance* moving...and since all *substance* is based on *energy...we are back to that pesky *energy* thing again...and don't forget we need *space* in order to *hold* the energy in all cases involved. During all of these examples...time could be measured...how long did it keep its velocity? How long was it (x) temperature? How long did it blow or flow at (x) rate?

Are you 100% sure you are not confusing time with something else?

Initiate

PostTue May 11, 2010 11:39 pm » by Purebase

sad that i must quote myself but it is evedent that not 1 single person seems to uderstand that what i say is true!! ( the part where scientist have been able to transport atoms through time...technicaly speaking) using high powered lasers they have managed to force atoms in and out of existence using not just high powered laser but an elaborate maze of mirrors . If i remember correctly they were able to observe the reflection at the finish line before " physically possible" according to modern science. in a sense the atoms "sliped" through space time. but what was observed was the atom being at both point A and B. they react like protons and nuetrons ..popping in and out of existence constantly.... thus my comparison to the movie Contact. If infact u dont believe go and search it. and you will find the vid. I believe it was an episode of Nova....
purebase wrote:i posted the below paragraph in another thread relating to space travel. but i think it fits nicely with time travel and other dimensions aswell.

i cant help but think of the movie Contact. im sure most of you have seen it. i think that if enough manipulation to the fabric of space from controlled magnetic forces would be capable of creating the holepunch needed to slip through spacetime. However just like in the movie i think we as observers would witness nothing at all really happened you would see a craft or whatever used just travel in a forward motion and thats it. but to the experiencer you would indeed travel somewhere. . i personally think they know this would happen. because on the molecular scale they have been able to move them from point A to B. but really the atoms are in both places at once. they react like electrons and nuetrons, popping in and out of existence all the time constantly. It seems as though they are trying to replicate quantum mechanics on the large scale experiment. this could be the secret to it all. :think:
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either".
Einstein

Initiate

PostTue May 11, 2010 11:47 pm » by Purebase

aslo i must say to those that argue that with the expantion of the universe u would end up in the middle of nowere if attempting to time travel, that even if u did manage to move forward in time u would still be moving at the rate of the expantion of the universe . this is the paradox
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either".
Einstein

Conspirator

PostTue May 11, 2010 11:49 pm » by Elnorel

In order to move through time you must move through space.

The time and location are dimensionally locked together.
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Initiate

PostWed May 12, 2010 12:01 am » by Purebase

elnorel wrote:In order to move through time you must move through space.

The time and location are dimensionally locked together.

this is exactly why what i last posted makes sense...kinda..i think it is probobly impossible to move faster than the rate of expantion of the universe as it seems to be the only thing that moves faster than light.
and im sorry to those that think light does not move but light is a particle that travels in a specific wave at a specific speed that was only visible once the expantion of the universe finally slowed enough...one would call this wave–particle duality .
Einstein

PreviousNext