Why We Fall In Love?

Initiate

PostSat Dec 18, 2010 8:37 am » by Buhdoo

I guess then.. yes. to a degree love has to be self serving then because If it doesn't make you happy then it's sacrifice..

That was easily deduced... lol took me a few to think about though..

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 18, 2010 2:25 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

99socks wrote:[youtube]Pb-sG89yCPs&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]hDIgzfyTdzM&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]0BnaR91QcFE&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]VkGJWsJtN34&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]aa2R_5rlR9g&feature=related[/youtube]

:flop:

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 18, 2010 5:33 pm » by Funnyman46

If during your lifetime you get the chance to talk to multitudes of people over the years you’ll find another example of a lost people emotionally. In my years I have discovered a growing concern that most folks from troubled childhoods simply are trying to substitute the love/ acceptance they feel they missed out on from their mothers, fathers or the family connection in general.
This of course leads to failed relationships and marriages. It’s only after the person comes to recognize who they are and where this need for acceptance or appreciation is coming from that they learn to make better choices in their perspective mates and direction in their lives.
How many here have gone down the same road? I know I have after realizing that after the imprint on my own mother had me chasing the same type of women. This of course is doomed to failure as we were never meant to have a woman like dear ole mom or expect another to live up to such standards.
The imprints from father also have their own connotations and can lead to the same failure if dad was the type that according to today’s standards is found to be unacceptable. How many here have discovered that we had to change our personas in order to get along with the modern woman of our times?
I understand and except the more basic needs to spread the seeds and all that but we have (hopefully) evolved a bit more beyond the testosterone and estrogen that leads us by the nose.
Sometimes, simple is better

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 18, 2010 5:54 pm » by 99socks

funnyman46 wrote:If during your lifetime you get the chance to talk to multitudes of people over the years you’ll find another example of a lost people emotionally. In my years I have discovered a growing concern that most folks from troubled childhoods simply are trying to substitute the love/ acceptance they feel they missed out on from their mothers, fathers or the family connection in general.
This of course leads to failed relationships and marriages. It’s only after the person comes to recognize who they are and where this need for acceptance or appreciation is coming from that they learn to make better choices in their perspective mates and direction in their lives.
How many here have gone down the same road? I know I have after realizing that after the imprint on my own mother had me chasing the same type of women. This of course is doomed to failure as we were never meant to have a woman like dear ole mom or expect another to live up to such standards.
The imprints from father also have their own connotations and can lead to the same failure if dad was the type that according to today’s standards is found to be unacceptable. How many here have discovered that we had to change our personas in order to get along with the modern woman of our times?
I understand and except the more basic needs to spread the seeds and all that but we have (hopefully) evolved a bit more beyond the testosterone and estrogen that leads us by the nose.

Definitely agree.... But this video series was concerned more with the attraction as it relates to mating, and not necessarily that which is actually fulfilling.

I've posted this here at DTV before, in the red letter Bible thread... I think it is appropriate to post it again.

http://threshingfloor-radio.podomatic.c ... 0_55-07_00

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 18, 2010 5:59 pm » by Spock

I'm really liking that "Threshing Floor" you turned me onto. Have listened to a couple of them. The guy is fascinating. Don't know his background, but I love the way he thinks and explains his position.

Initiate

PostSat Dec 18, 2010 6:03 pm » by Nyarelathodep

aragajag wrote:Love is self serving.

Explain this more please. And I would also ask you if it is non-beneficial to self-serve. The term self-serving has somehow become indentified with being wrong and socially unacceptable...and I would ask why? There are many ways in which to provide service ot others...and equally as many ways to provide service for self...some skilful and productive, others not. Service to self IS service to others, and vice versa...but this concept is only comprehensible if one comes to terms with unity as the source of all.
For challenges to come, we stand against the tide...under the banner of the brave. Mission Aetheria...the future belongs to the brave.

Initiate

PostSat Dec 18, 2010 10:04 pm » by Xxsparklexx

:love:

:P

Sorry for my unconventional and possibly thread-killing explanation, these kinds of topics seem to strike a chord :sunny:

Premise to my explanation is the fact/possibility (* erase by personal preference) that we are love... but somehow forgot about it throughout our human experience.
Through "falling" in love, we are reminded of what we are, but most of us are so caught up by the external (and internal) emotions (i.e. someone loves you, directs his/her love to you), which, by action-reaction, causes our internal love to be externalised, that we get side-tracked in this game of purpose. We're caught on a side-quest in the role-playing game of life and forget/are confused about our main quest.

"Fall" in love... what's in a word ? :wink:
Lucid made an excellent point, don't know if anyone noticed :)

When I think of the word "fall", first thing that comes to mind is the fall of Lucifer...
In other words... love between 2 people just might be a "trick" by the ultimate deceiver :twisted:

Why is "love" so interconnected with "lust" in our human experience ? Why is "lust" so interconnected with the reward system of the orgasm ?
"Might as well face it, you're addicted to love.. " ... remember that song ? :dancing:

Is human love merely a form of drug (= brain chemicals) addiction, designed to keep us trapped ? :headscratch:

Don't think it's addictive ?
Well, consider masturbation. It's something we do privately/secretely, we feel an urge to do it and we feel embarrased/guilty when we're caught in the "act". The "reward" is a pretty short enlightened feeling, which temporarily makes us unconcious of the world around us.
Sounds pretty much like a drug-induced experience to me... ? :P

One thing that led me onto this line of thinking, was reading Castaneda's explanation of the human/soul as a luminous egg (anyone remember the movie "Cocoon" ? :wink: ).
The more "aware" we are, the brighter the luminous fibres become and the more they stretch out around us (enlightened people and people in "love" always seem to radiate, no ? :think:
One thing that struck me particularly, was the observation that women, who gave birth to children, had a dark "gap" in the womb area of the luminous egg.
Like they lost something/a part of themselves in giving birth... :think:

My line of thinking still continues, but I'll leave you with these (previous) thoughts, just to see if anyone cares to share any thoughts :wink:
"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant with the weak and wrong. Sometime in your life, you will have been all of these."

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 19, 2010 5:11 am » by Aragajag

nyarelathodep wrote:
aragajag wrote:Love is self serving.

Explain this more please. And I would also ask you if it is non-beneficial to self-serve. The term self-serving has somehow become indentified with being wrong and socially unacceptable...and I would ask why? There are many ways in which to provide service ot others...and equally as many ways to provide service for self...some skilful and productive, others not. Service to self IS service to others, and vice versa...but this concept is only comprehensible if one comes to terms with unity as the source of all.

Well I cant break it down much more than what I said.
It worries me not how people use terms or come to a reasoning, we all come to our own conclusions in the long run. My perspective is that love is a very much touted term with little substance and really it all boils down to getting something for the self.
Given that there are some people on the planet who do act in rather different ways in their giving but for most giving love given is for a reward to self.

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 19, 2010 5:35 am » by Slith

I don't fall in love anymore. Keeps me safe

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 19, 2010 1:06 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

dlslith wrote:I don't fall in love anymore. Keeps me safe

bad experiences? But can you control your heart? What your heart feels isn't that beyond your control? sometimes we act like a fool when we fall in love, your heart does not listen to your brain. that is my experiences. I believe everything happens for a reason. it makes us strong.

:cheers:

PreviousNext