Why We Fall In Love?

Writer

PostMon Dec 20, 2010 2:07 am » by Jouslain

Well, since we have to love ourselves before loving others, then love must be "self serving" to that extant.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 20, 2010 5:08 am » by 99socks

jouslain wrote:Well, since we have to love ourselves before loving others, then love must be "self serving" to that extant.

I disagree... It's not about actually loving your Self, it's about opening up yourself to receive love (either from you or from others). The point is about opening the conduit.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Writer

PostTue Dec 21, 2010 9:57 am » by Jouslain

99socks wrote:I disagree... It's not about actually loving your Self, it's about opening up yourself to receive love (either from you or from others). The point is about opening the conduit.

Thank you for your response. So do you believe that TPTB are trying to use fear to keep this conduit closed? Reminds me of the video game "The Conduit," which was full of violence.

Writer

PostTue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 am » by Smokingbuddha

Love is one of the most powerful mechanisms which continues the existence of the physical realm. Within that realm exists not only the self but the idea of the other. What we perceive as the other lends to the furthering of the preservation of things. Some aspects of preservation clash from a human point of view (To kill out of love is an attempt to preserve an instant in time, though in truth that moment in time is indeed preserved. To make it simple for you humans: We are merely the notes on a record disc, in truth the record in its entirety always exists, but when played the notes are rearranged within a framework of time, coming and going, ephemeral in their nature, or so it seems) and the physical preservation is broken down though in the totally it will carry out its function until such. When Love ends the physical universe ends, but in truth nothing is destroyed, once in a while the creator will decide to replay the record, sometimes even adding or subtracting to aspects of the song.

You see inanimate things have a certain sound to them, but so do animates, it is the vibration of the animates that is quite pleasing and distinct.
My right hand begets creation, my left destruction, clasped together the two become one and thus is born my epithet as the great preserver.

Initiate

PostTue Dec 21, 2010 11:33 am » by Stratafire

Because we let "little wangler" talk us into an euphoric state of chemical imbalances (male version that is) and let the opposite sex take great pleasure in putting a leash on our "tenders" :o

Honestly? ..

Because we are stupid, ignorant fools (as a common, though not applicable to all) who let our "pie in the sky" visions of "We can live on love :love: ) emotional states corrupt our "forethought" and common sense..

Most of the states one thinks is love, is nothing more then a chemical "high" from the dopamine (the most addictive natural drug in the world) versus the "adrenaline rush" flooding the body due to apprehension, and or nervousness, leading one to a state similar to a drug addict taking uppers and using heroin at the same moment..

In my POV, "nobody" knows what love "is", but it is fun to watch people come up with personal versions of what it is to them for getting married (even more fun to come back later to either one and see them with their brand new 2nd husband/wife)

I honestly think that none of us are "qualified" to define what "real love" is..

Previous