WILD IDEA

Initiate

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:01 pm » by Tomjay

punjedi wrote:
the57ironman wrote:ballons are cheap ....organize a hundred of them all on one day or over a short period of time ....that would send tptb off their rockers....saying we're gonna find out what you got up there....

Balloons burst in our upper atmosphere. How would they make it to space?

We don't want images from the top of our planet, we want images shown from beyond our gravitational pull.

Build some uber balloons? :owned: :owned:
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Super Moderator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 pm » by The57ironman

punjedi wrote:
the57ironman wrote:ballons are cheap ....organize a hundred of them all on one day or over a short period of time ....that would send tptb off their rockers....saying we're gonna find out what you got up there....

We don't want images from the top of our planet, we want images shown from beyond our gravitational pull.

good luck with that..... i was thinkin' you'd want to have a view like that ballonist pulled off....
multiple cameras though...

...i'm a recovering vegetarian......Image

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm » by Funnyman46

punjedi wrote:

OK, so now we need a small booster rocket to fire once its high enough.
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

Initiate

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:05 pm » by Djpakkal

funnyman46 wrote:
punjedi wrote:

OK, so now we need a small booster rocket to fire once its high enough.

:flop: :flop: yeah why not , it must be possible no ?
lool nice post

Initiate

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:06 pm » by Elmajiko

What about getting it up there with a balloon then launching it with a rocket into space from that altitude would that work.

Initiate

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:08 pm » by Tomjay

elmajiko wrote:What about getting it up there with a balloon then launching it with a rocket into space from that altitude would that work.

Thats the plan... Whats the best place to launch from?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 pm » by Punjedi

Ahhhh I see, yes, using a balloon for the initial height and then launching.

easy enough, just start going to the local hobby stores and buying small amounts of D-class rockets.

Maybe buy a few Estes parts to make it look good, and over time, between enough of us, we can have up to like 100 or more.

They are solid fuel so they should work in space, and we can easily program for different stages
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:12 pm » by Punjedi

Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 pm » by Funnyman46

punjedi wrote:Ahhhh I see, yes, using a balloon for the initial height and then launching.

easy enough, just start going to the local hobby stores and buying small amounts of D-class rockets.

Maybe buy a few Estes parts to make it look good, and over time, between enough of us, we can have up to like 100 or more.

They are solid fuel so they should work in space, and we can easily program for different stages

Who here has the skill to program the ballon release as to not interfer with the rockets firing? Wait,...
What if the balloons were in an outside circular fashion? then the rockets can be centered underneath. The outside friction should be low enough to still launch in the straight line. Camera would sit in upper centered platform (?)
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 pm » by Punjedi

funnyman46 wrote:
punjedi wrote:Ahhhh I see, yes, using a balloon for the initial height and then launching.

Who here has the skill to program the ballon release as to not interfer with the rockets firing?

A good friend of mine in Denver actually programs for AI robotics technologies. I could ask him to put us in the right direction. He probably wouldn't have time to do it himself but he has a great resource bank.

He attended Colorado School of Mines and Passed with Honors and I watched him build a robot that would follow him around and not fall off tables or bump into walls. Yeah, I know, tons of toys do that, but he programmed it from scratch and using easily available sensors.

So I know the cost of something like that isn't much at all.
Nihil Sine Fide!

PreviousNext