WILD IDEA

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:52 pm » by Funnyman46

have some people switched off the 'humour reception' cells of their brains

Hey, I tried..... :lol:

I thought the water propellant would require too large and heavy a device to be accepted?
Besides, being that far up we shouldn't need too much of a boost. From there it's getting the orbit stable for any longevity
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 pm » by Punjedi

Sorry dead, that just struck a wrong chord I guess, especially after just having come from another topic discussion dealing with camps :)

Back to rockets though.

Here is a list of things that may help us design this better. Remember we aren't bound by conventional means nor do we need to worry about any recovery other than just the camera, or even the media the images are stored on. Could be easier to get a flash drive back to earth, not sure there.

1. Size of launch vehicle irrelevant within reason (if it's the size of a house, someones gonna whine)
2. Mentioning water earlier. The powers of hydrothermal pressure are quite astounding, maybe somehow use this to our advantage.
3. Electric components can be disposable and thereby keeping them cheap.
4. Heat recovery shields, I am thinking some fire-rated ceramic tiles? Something that has been kiln-fired and resists the heat of re-entry? That will need some homework :)
5. Camera capable of being wired either remotely or programmed in some fashion
6. Temperature fluctiations need to be accounted for. Will the lens crack if it's not space worthy? Is there a gas or void in between lenses that could cause problems? Digital or Analog?
7. Database and web space for posting and linking of all the raw data.
8. Multiple cameras would be ideal, then we can cross-reference any anomolies
9. Maybe some sort of audio recording? I was thinking how microphone membranes and circuitry works and although the vacuum of space would sort of hinder standard recordings, I think there would still be a way to do it, and without needing some huge array to do so.
10. Some sort of signaling device, either a bright L.E.D color wheel that we can program, or even just directional lasers, so if we want to flash or signal an anomoly we have the ability.

just some starter thoughts :)
Last edited by Punjedi on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nihil Sine Fide!

Initiate

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 pm » by Elmajiko

Fear of what they will do to you is always going to stop someone. If everybody thought that way we would never get anywhere. I dont blame people for being scared but not everybody is. You have to realize that crazy ideas are what bring light into the world. Sometimes they are bad sometimes good. Its our job as good pple of the world to out weigh the bad ones. It starts by not giving a fuk about what the govnt says on certain subjects. Bc most of their shit is bad.

Honestly who the fuk gave them the right to tell all of us what we can and cannot see in outerspace. I moved out of my parents house yrs ago!!!

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 8:09 pm » by Nilm33

punjedi wrote:Sorry dead, that just struck a wrong chord I guess, especially after just having come from another topic discussion dealing with camps :)

Back to rockets though.

Here is a list of things that may help us design this better. Remember we aren't bound by conventional means nor do we need to worry about any recovery other than just the camera, or even the media the images are stored on. Could be easier to get a flash drive back to earth, not sure there.

1. Size of launch vehicle irrelevant within reason (if it's the size of a house, someones gonna whine)
2. Mentioning water earlier. The powers of hydrothermal pressure are quite astounding, maybe somehow use this to our advantage.
4. Heat recovery shields, I am thinking some fire-rated ceramic tiles? Something that has been kiln-fired and resists the heat of re-entry? That will need some homework :)
6. Temperature fluctiations need to be accounted for. Will the lens crack if it's not space worthy? Is there a gas or void in between lenses that could cause problems? Digital or Analog?
9. Maybe some sort of audio recording? I was thinking how microphone membranes and circuitry works and although the vacuum of space would sort of hinder standard recordings, I think there would still be a way to do it, and without needing some huge array to do so.
10. Some sort of signaling device, either a bright L.E.D color wheel that we can program, or even just directional lasers, so if we want to flash or signal an anomoly we have the ability.

Whoa whoa whoa we are talking about putting a permanent sattelite in space, not taking pictures for 15 mins. Youre not gonna catch anything doing it that way. You need an HD camera wired to solar panels and a transmitter. Thats the payload. We goin permanent broadcast, not pictures.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 8:12 pm » by Funnyman46

4. Heat recovery shields, I am thinking some fire-rated ceramic tiles? Something that has been kiln-fired and resists the heat of re-entry? That will need some homework
8. Multiple cameras would be ideal, then we can cross-reference any anomalies
10. Some sort of signaling device, either a bright L.E.D color wheel that we can program, or even just directional lasers, so if we want to flash or signal an anomaly we have the ability.

4-Couldn’t it just freefall like the X prize vehicle does to avoid the heat shield issue? Then we get low enough we inflate another series of balloons with compressed gases stored on board to slow the rate of decent.
The landing would have to be tracked or maybe a note in a bottle might be a different approach and hope we can recover at least the flash drive and cameras
5- How about a timer? We just need to view the video above to gage the time or change it in reference to the burn time of any rockets
8- Stereo photographs, sweet
10- simple battery operated lights from the dollar store to flash continuously should bring us some attention. We can have the lights running in various fashions to draw more attention. I’ve got some I use for building models and such I’ll donate.

Maybe we'll catch shots of the USA Satilite shooting us down!
We just need to keep it simple and light weight. Remember NASA spend tons on a pen to write in space. The Russians used a pencil
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

Initiate

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 8:19 pm » by Gunzenbomz

Just use a weather balloon with a spinning 360degree link holding equipment below.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/02/ ... y-balloon/

Read that & see comments my friends!!

:robot:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/go56JzqoFK0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
http://www.americanantigravity.com/
http://www.enterprisemission.com/
http://www.lucypringle.co.uk/photos/index.shtml
http://www.youtube.com/user/GunZenBomZ

Initiate

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 8:22 pm » by Elmajiko

What about decoys hundreds of decoys.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 8:22 pm » by Punjedi

nilm33 wrote:
punjedi wrote:Sorry dead, that just struck a wrong chord I guess, especially after just having come from another topic discussion dealing with camps :)

Back to rockets though.

Whoa whoa whoa we are talking about putting a permanent sattelite in space, not taking pictures for 15 mins. Youre not gonna catch anything doing it that way. You need an HD camera wired to solar panels and a transmitter. Thats the payload. We goin permanent broadcast, not pictures.

Ok, I was gonna suggest something simiar. I didn't because ...

1. Sure it makes all the problems of reentry and capture a lot easier, but now we have

Communications! Ahhh that tricky beast.

How do we keep it secure, signal strong enough for broadcast, and high-enough quality on the stream.

I am ALL for making a command center, just needs to be secure so there can't be any tampering from outside source/signal/interference.

This would also mean we could launch a somewhat larger station, housing a bit more equipment.

I like the sound of this. Sure it's a bit of work. But think of the visual rewards. We would finally have UNDEBUNKABLE proof of just simple. space.

Sure it could be boring as all heck, I am willing to bet though....nope.
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 8:26 pm » by Punjedi

gunzenbomz wrote:Just use a weather balloon with a spinning 360degree link holding equipment below.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/go56JzqoFK0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Very encouraging! I think we are aiming for orbit though, taking on a bit of a beast :)
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 27, 2011 8:27 pm » by Funnyman46

gunzenbomz wrote:Just use a weather balloon with a spinning 360degree link holding equipment below.

Nice! the pictures are beautiful. Shame they didn't have our booster idea they would have stayed up longer

PreviousNext