WILD IDEA

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 7:34 pm » by Funnyman46

OK, the first test of the keychain video camera. It’s only 2 minutes long. I tried it a few times and think it should do for the first series of test flights. The specs have been posted before the order was placed so I won’t go into them. This is more for the folks that have been following this thread to give them some idea as to what we can film with this little devise. Please keep in mind it's only the size of a key fob

Upload to Disclose.tv

Another attempt with a walk around outside is still being processed by Utube. I'll post that when it's ready.
Sometimes, simple is better

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 7:45 pm » by Punjedi

Awesome!

The time it must have taken you to set up that usb cable to fall at the precise moment must have been mind boggling :)

Looks like those will work great! That means we can plaster cameras all over this thing right?
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 8:02 pm » by Funnyman46

Here's the outside look

Upload to Disclose.tv

Punjedi, they weight nothing so yeah, we should be able to plant them everywhere. Here's the link to the ebay purchase if you're interested.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

The first long time test held 60 minutes of video but I think the battery died. I'll recharge the unit and try again for longer times on the 4 gig card I bought
Last edited by Funnyman46 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 pm » by Punjedi

funnyman46 wrote:Here's the outside look

Upload to Disclose.tv

Looking good, and seems like these will work great! Any jarring or bumps seem to affect its recording quality? Ever think to throw one while recording?
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 8:13 pm » by Funnyman46

punjedi wrote:
funnyman46 wrote:Here's the outside look

Upload to Disclose.tv

Looking good, and seems like these will work great! Any jarring or bumps seem to affect its recording quality? Ever think to throw one while recording?

You want me to throw it into the air while it's recording? lol Wait, I'm not finished hitting my car with a bat. :lol:

I was going to try something like this but so far, bumping and swinging it hard doesn't seem to hurt anything. Did you see my edits above?(2nd vid)

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 pm » by Punjedi

Wait, I'm not finished hitting my car with a bat.

And you didn't post that video?

Seriously though, I looked those up, I will be getting a couple myself as well.

As far as throwing it, sure! I meant like straight up in the air so you can catch it :) Or at a big pillow or something. Just curious about high speeds and quality.
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 8:52 pm » by Funnyman46

Here's your "throw it" video

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 10:49 pm » by Punjedi

LOL Awesome, I would have bought you another one if you broke it :)

Thank you, lil hard to see but my concern of whether it was strong enough was answered :)

Ok, gotta go shoot some more footage for the seminar stuff. (Who would have thought 6 hours could take so long to fill)

Ciao :) smartaleck lol
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 13, 2011 11:16 pm » by Nilm33

Little concerned on the framerate while that thing was spinning in circles in the air. Or was that just that one time?

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 am » by Funnyman46

nilm33 wrote:Little concerned on the framerate while that thing was spinning in circles in the air. Or was that just that one time?

You have to keep in mind that was only a toss into the air of about 20' and I caught it in my hands. With the swivel joint below the balloon any twist should be eliminated. The gimal will remove any swaying from north, south, east and west.

I'm sure there will be some movemnt but we're designing as much out as we can. Things (air currents) should calm down once we get high enough.

PreviousNext