WILD IDEA

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 12:51 am » by Nilm33

I was just thinking how funny it would be when you broadcast from space we could very well stir stories up like this one lol!

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110206.html

Initiate

PostTue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 am » by Tomjay

nilm33 wrote:I was just thinking how funny it would be when you broadcast from space we could very well stir stories up like this one lol!

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110206.html

Beam me up Scotty! :alien: :cheers:
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Initiate

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 6:02 am » by Elmajiko

You guys should take all credit for all of this for i didnt do anything. You guys did an amazing job. Fukin ahyy

Amazing

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 4:15 pm » by Funnyman46

elmajiko wrote:You guys should take all credit for all of this for i didnt do anything. You guys did an amazing job. Fukin ahyy

Amazing

You came up with the idea so you were the instigator of this consuming nightmare.
I’ve been putting the camera through its paces to see if I can upgrade the power supply and to increase the memory in order get a longer recording time. So far the longest recording I have come up with is only an hour. Today I reformatted the memory and will place it on the bird bath to test it again and try to get a close up of the birds and squirrels drinking. The craft (package) still needs the electronics to make everything work and has become much lighter then the first PVC one shown in this thread.
Another idea was to use the solar panel from a Harbor Freight solar powered security light to have as a power supply while in flight. I haven’t been able to determine the total gig size the camera can handle as of yet but I’m still working on it.
As I am not an expert in this field (memory cards/power supply) everything is learning from scratch. But I will update when I can.
http://www.harborfreight.com/solar-powe ... 93661.html
Sometimes, simple is better

Super Moderator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 4:24 pm » by The57ironman

elmajiko wrote:You guys should take all credit for all of this for i didnt do anything. You guys did an amazing job. Fukin ahyy

Amazing

INSTIGATOR.......... :pray: :lol: :lol: :lol:
domdabears wrote:I wanna punch you!!!!

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 4:28 pm » by Funnyman46

the57ironman wrote:

Amazing

INSTIGATOR.......... :pray: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Dowg, where you at with things? I haven't heard from you in like 10 minutes. :lol: Are you in research or are you considering a build of your own as well?

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 1:03 am » by The57ironman

okay rocket scientists.. :ugeek: :geek: ....whose payin' attention to the wild idea??

from funnyman...................................The camera has been looked at to see if I can up the Gig size (currently stuck at 4 gig max) and maybe upping the power supply as well. I can only get 60 mins of video on the cam so far.

I need to figure this cam thing out. I'd hate to get the trip UP only at this point. Maybe a lighter craft, larger balloon will increase the ascent rate?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

for that camera.....
how about a timer...? :help:
remote control.........? :help:
...........................................................................................................

from funnyman.......................BOTH ideas- wouldn't know how to do this with the camera I'm using (Key Chain) or the skill to hook them up. The camera has buttons that need pushing in sequence in order to start recording.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

we're not just across town or we'd be further along by now.....
perhaps we should bump the thread along and put it out there .....
we could use a few thirteen yr. old minds , that play with electronics....
( i just thought of somebody to call ..... he used to be thirteen .... :lol: ...)

i know squat about electronics really....
enough to keep out of trouble , but that's it...

whose still with ya' fom DTV ?anyone electronically inclined?

stratafire?
elmajiko?
nilm33?
lahlaos?

:cheers:
domdabears wrote:I wanna punch you!!!!

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 1:26 am » by Funnyman46

I can solder the parts together I just need a more professional or knowledgeable mind to tell me what we need in electronics.
This is a call for help People! :ohno:
If not all we’ll wind up with is another video of a balloon ride and be dead in the water. :badair:

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 am » by Nilm33

Im pretty basic when it comes to electronics. I have a friend I could talk to though. Relay me precisely what you want to know and Ill ask him immediately.

"This project will not die, only those in it"

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 10:32 am » by Nilm33

What we need is attention. Put the camera in a container (styrafoam?) tie it to the balloon (get it as stable as one can, linkage etc) and let that puppy fly, as long as you got no wind it should fall back within a few hundred feet from where you release. Go somewhere flat with a large area (big park) That will get peoples attention, and im sure it will spark some inginuity you havent thought of yet.

DTV's first climb to the heavens. Just a tester, but itll get peoples attention. Know what I mean?

PreviousNext