Will Iran Cut Off Oil Exports to 6 European Nations

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 6:21 pm » by Savwafair2012

OIL OR NUKES?

Iran struck back against a European oil embargo by cutting supplies to six European countries Wednesday as state media in Tehran said that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was being briefed “on new nuclear achievements” expected to be announced later in the day. The oil cutoff affects the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, France, Greece and Portugal.

An Iranian news agency reported Tuesday that Mr. Ahmadinejad was likely to proclaim that a new uranium enrichment plant built inside a mountain near the holy city of Qum :mrgreen: was “fully operational.”

So Qum Is Fully Operational LOL :owned:

The announcement appeared timed to convey the defiant message that the increasingly harsh Western economic sanctions imposed on Iran were having no effect on the government’s determination to proceed with its disputed nuclear program. The United States, Europe and Israel have all called the program a cover for Iranian efforts to develop nuclear weapons capability, an accusation that Iran denies.

The defiant stance seemed ever more pronounced on Wednesday when Press TV, a state-financed satellite broadcaster, said Tehran planned to cut oil exports to the six European countries in response to the latest sanctions imposed by the European Union against Iran’s energy and banking sectors

No further details of the Iranian measures were immediately available.

The Iranian response had been expected since late January when the European Union agreed to impose a phased ban on oil purchases from Iran that officials said was needed to help force a shift in policy and avert the risk of military strikes against Tehran.

Under the embargo, European Union countries will not sign new oil contracts with Iran and will end existing ones by July 1. The ban will cover imports of crude oil, petroleum products and petrochemical products. It will also cover the export of major equipment and technology for the sector. The European market accounts for about a fifth of Iran’s oil exports.

The timing of the two announcements reflected the pressures on Tehran as it seeks to pursue its nuclear program in the face of ever tightening economic penalties.

The new uranium enrichment plant, known as Fordo, has raised Western concerns because it is buried deep underground, making it more impervious to scrutiny. The Fordo plant also has elevated distrust of Iran because the plant’s construction had been kept a secret until Western intelligence confirmation of its existence forced the Iranians to acknowledge the plant in September 2009, just as President Obama and European allies were announcing it. The Iranians said at the time that they had always intended to reveal the plant’s existence.

Last month, inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency, the United Nations nuclear watchdog, confirmed that Iran had started uranium enrichment at Fordo.

Iran’s official Islamic Republic News Agency said that Mr. Ahmadinejad, who has made Iran’s nuclear energy autonomy a signature issue, would “unveil a number of key nuclear achievements on Wednesday to demonstrate the scientific capabilities of Iranian scientists to world nations.” The agency did not further specify the nature of the achievements but said that “Iranian scientists are never afraid of global arrogance and are determined to conquer peaks of success and progress.”

The semiofficial Mehr News Agency, quoting what it called informed sources, said it was “more than likely that the president will announce that the Fordo enrichment facility has become fully operational.”

Fordo is Iran’s second major uranium enrichment plant, with an older one in the central desert city of Natanz, first revealed in 2002. The Fordo plant takes uranium fuel that has been enriched to 4 percent purity at Natanz and further enriches it to 20 percent purity, a level that can make fuel for a research reactor in Tehran. But it is far easier to make bomb-grade fuel from the 20 percent purity concentration than from 4 percent, which has been one source of Western concern about Iran’s ultimate intentions.

In a dispatch from Tehran, Russia’s RIA Novosti News Agency reported that Iran’s announcement on Wednesday would also include the insertion of its first domestically produced nuclear fuel rod into the Tehran research reactor in a ceremonial event attended by Mr. Ahmadinejad. The agency quoted Ali Bagheri, deputy chief of Iran’s national security council, as the source of its information.

Iran has often exaggerated its nuclear achievement claims as part of an effort to frustrate the sanctions effort and gain negotiating leverage with the West. But those negotiations have been suspended for more than a year, and the Iranians have sent mixed signals on whether, and when, they want to renew them.

Word of Iran’s impending announcement came as tensions have escalated in particular with Israel, which regards Iran as an existential threat and has hinted at the possibility of a pre-emptive military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities to forestall its suspected ambitions.

Iran insists that the nuclear program is peaceful and it has accused Israel, a nuclear weapons state, of responsibility for a clandestine campaign aimed at sabotaging Iran’s nuclear ambitions, including the assassinations of at least four Iranian scientists since 2010. Israel has counteraccused Iran in recent days of retaliatory plots aimed at Israeli targets in Georgia, India and Thailand,
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 6:29 pm » by Tuor10

Who knows, it could turn out for the better. People might have to use leg power, thus improving vascular functions.

It's a pity we in Britain don't have an oil shortage. There are an awful amount of fatties.

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 6:35 pm » by Savwafair2012

tuor10 wrote:Who knows, it could turn out for the better. People might have to use leg power, thus improving vascular functions.

It's a pity we in Britain don't have an oil shortage. There are an awful amount of fatties.

British Fatties seem so much more flexable

FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Super Moderator

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 6:39 pm » by The57ironman

tuor10 wrote:Who knows, it could turn out for the better. People might have to use leg power, thus improving vascular functions.

:mrgreen:

more walking wouldn't hurt any of us....

but.....i'll put up american slugs against your british fatties anyday....lol

:cheers:

....remember.............the bible was one of the first.......
"media"........Image

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 6:42 pm » by Tuor10

savwafair2012 wrote:

British Fatties seem so much more flexable

That looks painful.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 6:44 pm » by Tuor10

the57ironman wrote:

:lol:

Super Moderator

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 pm » by domdabears

the57ironman wrote:

lol that's fucked up.

But this is the land of "perfect people". The Hollywood image.
Millions of girls and women not eating so they look like them ugly ass super models.

I like em thick. Gotta have meat on them bones. I hate skinny girls.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 6:50 pm » by Tuor10

domdabears wrote:
the57ironman wrote:

lol that's fucked up.

But this is the land of "perfect people". The Hollywood image.
Millions of girls and women not eating so they look like them ugly ass super models.

I like em thick. Gotta have meat on them bones. I hate skinny girls.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of meat. When there is to much meat it kind of spoils the meal

Super Moderator

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 6:51 pm » by domdabears

tuor10 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with a bit of meat. When there is to much meat it kind of spoils the meal

Yeah, I don't like FAT girls. I like PHAT girls.

Busty
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 15, 2012 7:06 pm » by Jet17

Great for Iran for taking a stand.

Putting sanctions on countries that want nuclear energy for power purposes is an act of war!

so they are doing the same thing in return, when we are led to believe they are going to attack us any minute. :roll:

I believe Iran wouldn't do anything besides what is being done to them, and with the recent attacks not initially started from Iran, that is exactly what is going on.

I also believe that It won't be Iran attacking anyone first, it will be Israel or the United States. Probably under the guise of "they have WMD's"

we have heard that jaunt before. :roll:
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!