Will Science Rule Out the Possibility of God?

Initiate
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:07 pm

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 pm » by 420milehigh


yes that is true about law of averages but at the same time we don't exactly really know how life started living, like how can you put a bunch of chemicals together and create a new life form? as far as my understanding is concerned, you really can't create life out of nothing... The biggest question is where the hell did the infinitely dense and small ball come from in the first place? (DaemonFoe has pretty much covered this) :cheers:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3085
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 9:31 pm » by Poooooot


I think it's silly for people to believe that science will "rule out the possibility of God." Especially when overly religious people try to claim that science is of the devil, or people that choose not to "believe" in science because they fear it will take away their God. If you have faith, then you should not worry about something "taking it away."

Image

For me, scientific discoveries only reinforce my belief. How could all of this be? The complexities of biological life are an enigma. Starting with the smallest quark up to the largest stars. It's all too much to imagine. I know some people use these things to fuel their disbelief... But it pushes me in the opposite direction. Maybe because I don't think of God as a man in the sky, or even a man at all... God is energy. God is love (not to sound corny :lol: ). God is not something tangible you can put your hand on, yet you can feel him. Maybe some day, we can use science to prove Him. But if not, then that's okay. I feel Him now, and that's all that matters.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1904
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:58 pm

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 pm » by Richc


Daemonfoe wrote:The problem is that people aren't looking at this question from the right perspective.

Asking how matter formed from nothing is moot when there is a universe (even empty) around it, or multiple universes/dimensions.

Were did the universe come from in the first place? I treat all scientific theories about this the same way I treat the God answer. Where did it come from? What originally defined the laws of physics? Not in this universe, but in the realm in which universes could be formed? What is outside of that? How far out can we go? If it is infinite and has always existed it is a paradox and not a proper answer. If time and space has somehow been bent by an event to have always existed, there was still a point in some dimension which we do not yet understand where everything was defined.


Hey Daemonfoe..

In the thread i started the other day about God and what our Universe might be you made a comment.
"Thats a Paradox"..

Now i understand what you were getting at.. 8-)

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/post834343.html#p834343

Yep, Paradox. But could it be that even the notion of a Paradox is just a human concept.

String theory deals with matter looping round and in on itself. Maybe in a simular way a Paradox is possible but its our own view of time and space that doesn't allow for it.?

Im up for work early so have to go beddy byes soon. Bet i can't sleep... :lol:

RIK
Last edited by Richc on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Initiate
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:07 pm

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 pm » by 420milehigh


poooooot; :flop: :cheers: :clapper:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 pm

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 pm » by Daemonfoe


Richc wrote:Hey Daemonfoe..

In the thread i started the other day about God and what our Universe might be you made a comment.
"Thats a Paradox"..

Now i understand what you were getting at.. 8-)

Yep, Paradox. But could it be that even the notion of a Paradox is just a human concept.

String theory deals with matter looping round and in on itself. Maybe in a simular way a Paradox is possible but its our own view of time and space that doesn't allow for it.?

Im up for work early so have to go beddy byes soon. Bet i can't sleep... :lol:

RIK


It's like how in the Terminator series, John Connor is only born because he sends his father back to knock up his mom. This loop in time could not have initiated itself. There had to be a previous timeline where somehow a strange turn of events occurred and John Connor was born, thus initiating the loop
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1904
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:58 pm

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 9:52 pm » by Richc


Poooooot wrote:I think it's silly for people to believe that science will "rule out the possibility of God." Especially when overly religious people try to claim that science is of the devil, or people that choose not to "believe" in science because they fear it will take away their God. If you have faith, then you should not worry about something "taking it away."

Image

For me, scientific discoveries only reinforce my belief. How could all of this be? The complexities of biological life are an enigma. Starting with the smallest quark up to the largest stars. It's all too much to imagine. I know some people use these things to fuel their disbelief... But it pushes me in the opposite direction. Maybe because I don't think of God as a man in the sky, or even a man at all... God is energy. God is love (not to sound corny :lol: ). God is not something tangible you can put your hand on, yet you can feel him. Maybe some day, we can use science to prove Him. But if not, then that's okay. I feel Him now, and that's all that matters.


:cheers:

I also can't understand why some believers in God think Science is evil.

If there was a being that created everything and us then it is Gods creation that has used the tools God gave them ( their Brains ) to become scientific and practise it..

Just like DNA type science.
People say we shouldn't play God but as we might be Gods creation God has given us the tools and free will to do just that. :think:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3085
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 pm » by Poooooot


Richc wrote: :cheers:

I also can't understand why some believers in God think Science is evil.

If there was a being that created everything and us then it is Gods creation that has used the tools God gave them ( their Brains ) to become scientific and practise it..

Just like DNA type science.
People say we shouldn't play God but as we might be Gods creation God has given us the tools and free will to do just that. :think:

RIK


:clapper: :clapper: Exactly! :cheers:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:17 pm
Location: Wales

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 10:06 pm » by Cwmman


I just sent a little prayer to the big `man` upstairs and he said to ask `him` yourself....

this site is realy sloooooooowwwwwwwww today :top:
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Initiate
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:07 pm

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm » by 420milehigh


Cwmman wrote:I just sent a little prayer to the big `man` upstairs and he said to ask `him` yourself....

this site is realy sloooooooowwwwwwwww today :top:

:flop: couldn't put it better myself :cheers:
yeah it's WAY slow today :bang;

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8096
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:08 am
Location: Next door

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 10:19 pm » by Malogg


Image
HAHA Image


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook