Will Science Rule Out the Possibility of God?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 pm

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:55 am » by Daemonfoe


Iwanci wrote:you cannot divide any number by zero nor zero into any number... if zero is the representation of nothingness then you cannot have nothing in somthing.


zero can't exist as an idea without either something opposing it, such as true/false, or an infinity of other possibilities
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2253
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:56 am » by Iwanci


Nor did I call anyONE names my friend.. generalising that some people with some beliefs are sheeple is not new, in some cases you may think I am a sheeple also.. another word for follower. If this caused any offence I am sorry.


Travvy, I am glad that you haven't pushed your beliefs on others, but for the sake of the argument, I am interested in hearing of your belief in simple terms, eg, do you believe in a 'god' per se, and does this god present himself to you in human form (in your mind or thoughts)?

I think belief's are great by the way, I just think that pigeon holeing people in one belief is restrictive, ie, I believe that people can have multiple beliefs and can take learnings from all inputs, and all scriptures. Although I am not a fan of religion.

The scriptures, to me, are only representations of other people's thoughts on the subject of belief and are by no means proof of the existence of anything other than the fact that we as people do not know.

So, again, apologies if my comments caused offence.

:flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2253
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 8:00 am » by Iwanci


zero exists as a representation of nothingness only. To me it is akin to the belief in god, god is only the representation of something non existent, so maybe this is the connection between mathematics and god?

oposing forces you say? so something must oppose nothing for either to exist? What is nothing oposes nothing, does that mean that something does not exist? Or if something doesnt opose nothing does something become nothing?

intersting mind bending thoughts...


:cheers:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: canada

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 8:05 am » by Mydogma


Daemonfoe wrote:
Iwanci wrote:you cannot divide any number by zero nor zero into any number... if zero is the representation of nothingness then you cannot have nothing in somthing.


zero can't exist as an idea without either something opposing it, such as true/false, or an infinity of other possibilities


:cheers:
or an infinity of other possibilities
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2253
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 8:10 am » by Iwanci


sorry daemon,,... I misread your counter.. YES I agree, as an 'idea' zero does and must exist.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 pm

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 10:31 am » by Daemonfoe


Iwanci wrote:zero exists as a representation of nothingness only. To me it is akin to the belief in god, god is only the representation of something non existent, so maybe this is the connection between mathematics and god?

oposing forces you say? so something must oppose nothing for either to exist? What is nothing oposes nothing, does that mean that something does not exist? Or if something doesnt opose nothing does something become nothing?

intersting mind bending thoughts...


:cheers:


zero multiplied by zero is always zero though, never one, nor infinity
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2253
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 10:45 am » by Iwanci


yep thats what I said... lol
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 10:55 am » by Spock


As long as there are questions about the universe, there will be a God. I think the more applicable question would be; "Will Science Rule Out the Possibility of Inquiry".

The status quo, in their zeal, determine what are scientific absolutes and squash inquiry into alternate plausible scenarios in their need to package and sell their definition of reality, call it McConciousness. We are witness to this now. Glaring evidence would be how the whole Edison versus Tesla charade played out, ultimately manifesting our structured lives dependent on a tight grid and everything from ridicule to outright murder of the ones trying to offer alternate, cleaner, sustainable sources of energy. Hell, even the pieces of history locked in the back rooms of the Smithsonian, that may off-balance our packaged view of history are withheld from us.

The matrix we live in is tight, and the priests regulate our reality, keeping us medicated and entertained.

Our only hope is a hope in God.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1904
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:58 pm

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 4:21 pm » by Richc


Can anyone here answer me this question.. Godite or not...

Is there any valid reason why i can't state this....

God is a scientist and is currently working on a theory that Humans don't exist..

I bloody well hope he doesn't prove it... :flop:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 pm

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm » by Daemonfoe


Mydogma wrote:
Daemonfoe wrote:
Iwanci wrote:you cannot divide any number by zero nor zero into any number... if zero is the representation of nothingness then you cannot have nothing in somthing.


zero can't exist as an idea without either something opposing it, such as true/false, or an infinity of other possibilities


:cheers:
or an infinity of other possibilities


One may pose the question: What is the opposite of infinity? Zero or one?
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook