Will Science Rule Out the Possibility of God?

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm » by Richc

Daemonfoe wrote:
One may pose the question: What is the opposite of infinity? Zero or one?

Minus Infinity. :flop: :think:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:56 pm » by Daemonfoe

Richc wrote:
Daemonfoe wrote:

RIK

Infinity goes both directions. But in the case that it doesn't, take the idea of infinity, and negative infinity, combine them, then what would be the opposite of that? 0, 1, or -1?
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 8:31 pm » by Richc

Daemonfoe wrote:
Richc wrote:
Daemonfoe wrote:

RIK

Infinity goes both directions. But in the case that it doesn't, take the idea of infinity, and negative infinity, combine them, then what would be the opposite of that? 0, 1, or -1?

The problem with Infinity and Negative Infinity is that we assume there is a middle ground. 0 you would expect to be in the middle of Infinity/Negative Infinity.

But it is impossible to have a middle ground when it comes to Infinity because there is no way to find the start or the end of Infinity so you sure can't find a middle.... :?

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Writer

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 9:14 pm » by dollar short

Spock wrote:As long as there are questions about the universe, there will be a God. I think the more applicable question would be; "Will Science Rule Out the Possibility of Inquiry".

The status quo, in their zeal, determine what are scientific absolutes and squash inquiry into alternate plausible scenarios in their need to package and sell their definition of reality, call it McConciousness. We are witness to this now. Glaring evidence would be how the whole Edison versus Tesla charade played out, ultimately manifesting our structured lives dependent on a tight grid and everything from ridicule to outright murder of the ones trying to offer alternate, cleaner, sustainable sources of energy. Hell, even the pieces of history locked in the back rooms of the Smithsonian, that may off-balance our packaged view of history are withheld from us.

The matrix we live in is tight, and the priests regulate our reality, keeping us medicated and entertained.

Our only hope is a hope in God.

The amount of info hidden is staggering.

Do most of you know who the father of the "big bang theory" is.
A catholic priest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre

The LaMaitre/Hoyle battle was the last and the pure scientists were lost (ended after WW2)! Today's scientist are the new priests' and the debate continues with their sensational direction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/us/william-hamilton-known-for-death-of-god-idea-dies-at-87.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
:shock:

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 pm » by Iwanci

Infinity would cease existing once it has been reached, the very definition of infinity however would mean that it would be impossible to reach it, if it could be reached it would not be infinity. Therefore, perhaps infinity's opposite is actually 0 as both are unquantifiable?

Spock, I agree with your comments, and although I am not religious, I do believe in a higher intelligence, not in a 'god' like charachter, rather in a multitude of civilisations with far greater intelligence than we posses whom we may revere like gods should we encounter them. Who knows, perhaps one of them (a scientist of sorts or a farmer) seeded life here on earth and is returning periodically to take samples?

I also agree that science is not a definite, to me its like watching a picture one pixel at a time, the vastness of our universe cannot be explained by modern science, however, piece by piece we unravel what the a likely scenario may be. Also, science is only valid until another experiment invalidates the previous findings by either proving it wrong or showing us that alternative theories are equally valid or showing us that our current thoughts need to be expanded.

God, I guess, could be the manifestation of everything we are yet to understand, so that we are able to put some meaning behind that which has no meaning, so far.

:cheers:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am » by JAY9000

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 am » by SUKHOV

Iwanci wrote:Nor did I call anyONE names my friend.. generalising that some people with some beliefs are sheeple is not new, in some cases you may think I am a sheeple also.. another word for follower. If this caused any offence I am sorry.

Travvy, I am glad that you haven't pushed your beliefs on others, but for the sake of the argument, I am interested in hearing of your belief in simple terms, eg, do you believe in a 'god' per se, and does this god present himself to you in human form (in your mind or thoughts)?

I think belief's are great by the way, I just think that pigeon holeing people in one belief is restrictive, ie, I believe that people can have multiple beliefs and can take learnings from all inputs, and all scriptures. Although I am not a fan of religion.

The scriptures, to me, are only representations of other people's thoughts on the subject of belief and are by no means proof of the existence of anything other than the fact that we as people do not know.

So, again, apologies if my comments caused offence.

:flop:

No no Iwanci, no offense taken :cheers:

I do appreciate your take on this topic as well.

The world would be far too dull if we all had the samr opinions!

:cheers:
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 am » by Temps13

Depends on your definition of God..have they not realised consciousness is part of the equation of reality?
the Anunnaki,according to Sitchin,referred to a 'father of all beginning' or a 'father of all creation'..so I guess that would be him/her/it :headscratch:
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:29 pm » by Poooooot

Daemonfoe wrote:
Richc wrote:
Daemonfoe wrote:

RIK

If you consider infinity to go in both directions (outward forever away from zero on both the positive and negative scale), then the opposite of infinity is null.

If you think infinity can only go in one direction (positives) because negative numbers are an abstract, then negative infinity would be the opposite number, by simple math concepts.

If you take negative infinity plus infinity, you will get zero. Zero has no opposite.

But, if you really think about it, infinity is not just 1, 2, 3, 4, etc etc etc... It's all the possible slight increases/decreases in between each digit, as well. There is an infinite amount of numbers in between zero and one, really. Infinity is an abstract number in of itself, and it's impossible to calculate anything with it.

Long story short, both zero and infinity are imaginary, so it's all a moot point. :lol:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Writer

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 3:02 pm » by peterxdunn

When our extraterrestrial visitors finally reveal their presence in a spectacular - and undeniable - fashion, science will no longer need to disprove the existence of god. People - of all persuasions - will suddenly understand the deception that has been perpetrated against them since the days of ancient Sumer and there will be an awful lot of priests, imams and politicians joining the unemployment register.

Bring it on.

PreviousNext