Will Science Rule Out the Possibility of God?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 pm

PostSat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 pm » by Daemonfoe


My example of counting halfway to where you're going was to show that you can get an infinitely small decimal. You can count from any number to another, and as long as you only increment half of what you have left to get to that number, you will never reach it. You never reach a point in decimals where you can say, "I can't go any smaller".

If you have -3 cars, you owe someone 3 cars. So if you want 2 cars, you have to find 5 cars and give 3 of them away. ;)
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2253
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

PostSat Oct 06, 2012 11:32 pm » by Iwanci


No matter how long it takes you, no matter how far, if you have a destination that can be reached, you will never have infinity. If you have the samallest of decimals imaginable, you will never know zero.

If you have -3 cars, you simply have zero cars... you cannot have something you do not have..

If you owed me 3 cars and I came to you and asked for them what would you say... 'here take my negative 3 cars'? Nope, cause I would proceed and break your knees, if I broke 2 knees you would have zero good knees, even if I cut your legs off, you would have zero knees.. you could never have negative knees... :alien51:

Maybe this is why we have so many economic problems in our world, perhaps people do in fact count backwards, ie, it's ok to borrow as much as you like because the more you borrow the less likely that you will ever be able to pay it back, and as long as you keep telling the financial institutions that you have 'negative money', they will always think they can get it back, reality is, they will never get it back because there is no such thing as negative money... there is only, have's and have not's.


(btw... Daemon.. I do get your point my friend, I am just being difficult and argumentative)...

:mrgreen: :flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Writer
User avatar
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:23 pm

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 12:20 am » by Mhillebregt


First you must get an understanding of what god is. Religious people that go to church imo have never read the bible or book from their religion. I can not say i believe or not believe in god because that depends on what god is.
I'm not religious and yet i am because everybody have beliefs. To not have a belief is not possible. If you don't believe in god then you believe that IT doesn't exist.

For the religious people:

The bible says it clear that god is light. OKE, now we have to find out what light really is and how it works.
God says that god is I AM. So what is god, I AM. (say out loud) also the single i or eye. It's mythology or did you think snakes or donkeys could talk.
Jacob stood face to face with god the bible says, and jacob calls that place piniel. Like you peneal gland.
God is in a temple build with no hands, guess what you head is called a temple too. Just like the word cavalry.
Then u have the jesus worshippers, lets ask jesus then.
What did he say, he can't do anything for you. Find him within. And what do they do , go to church to find him without. Very contradictive.

Read..........

Ever laid all religions together...they all tell the same story.

Like one said: as above so below.
what happens in the universe happens on earth in your body on molecular levels.

So god is light. And he sends angels or light angles through planets. ( see, tarot card, astrology )
that why you have bad angles and good angles. you are a mirror of the universe and you can connect to it.
Like some said the universal mind. ( orion ).
And where can you see light? in a dark enviroment, in a full litted room a candle lite will be hard to notice.
The light is easier to find in the dark.

Very deep shit if you ask me....
But in my oppinion god is within your head. The christ, or cross, is also in your head, you have to go through that, to get your lifeforce to open up the fruit of knowledge, or in other words your femmenin side of the brain, the right side that is. ( ever heard the expression: he's not in his right mind).
between your two brainshalfs is what the call the curtain. That is the apocalypse, in the book of revelations this is told. The veil will be lifted. So u can enter your right mind.

Think about it.
That's why in the ten commandments you shall hold no other god before me. And who was god again?
So the people who trie to find him elsewhere holds another god before him. And that's why the world is so fucked up. There is no saviour because you have free will and self responsibility. You are your saviour.

I hope i have triggered some thoughts....( my intent is good, just sharing my information, please don't get me wrong.)

Fight within for a better world. improve the world, but start with yourself.
" If you want to find the truth, throw everything you know out of your mind and start over. "

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 pm

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 9:46 am » by Daemonfoe


Iwanci wrote:If you have the samallest of decimals imaginable, you will never know zero.


There is no such thing as smallest decimal imaginable. Take any decimal, multiply it by another decimal or divide it by any number greater than 1 and it becomes smaller. This works to an infinite degree. You cannot do this in a calculator or computer because eventually they run out of bits to use. The smaller the decimal the more information it takes to describe it.

Iwanci wrote:If you have -3 cars, you simply have zero cars... you cannot have something you do not have..

I would be in debt 3 cars. Negative represents a debt, which just happens to also be the opposite of a surplus.

Iwanci wrote:If you owed me 3 cars and I came to you and asked for them what would you say... 'here take my negative 3 cars'?

-3 cars is the amount of cars that I own. 3 cars is the amount of cars I have to pay to get back to zero. When I obtain 3 cars, I add 3 to -3. I now have zero cars because the 3 I just added to my possession immediately go toward the debt, equaling a debt/ownership of zero cars.

Iwanci wrote:Nope, cause I would proceed and break your knees, if I broke 2 knees you would have zero good knees, even if I cut your legs off, you would have zero knees.. you could never have negative knees... :alien51:

If I happen to owe someone some knees then I have negative knees.

Iwanci wrote:Maybe this is why we have so many economic problems in our world, perhaps people do in fact count backwards, ie, it's ok to borrow as much as you like because the more you borrow the less likely that you will ever be able to pay it back, and as long as you keep telling the financial institutions that you have 'negative money', they will always think they can get it back, reality is, they will never get it back because there is no such thing as negative money... there is only, have's and have not's.


Negative numbers are useful for more than just representing debt. If I am facing an angle of 45 degrees from north, and I want to know my angle if i turn right 90 degrees, I can subtract 90 from 45 and get -45. By looking at -45 I immediately know I'm facing east. Negative numbers are extremely useful for calculating with vectors or coordinates as well.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2253
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 12:54 pm » by Iwanci


Daemon, have it your way, but we only know what we know because that is the way in which we know it, simply because that is they way we have taught ourselves... in all actuality the -45 degree angle you spoke about is actually only a 45 degree angle albeit it on the opposite side, so using terms like negative does help us as it gives us a quicker reference, but that is only because of the way we have trained oursleves.

Also,
-3 cars is the amount of cars that I own.


You cannot own something you don't own. Just like if you owed someone knees you would not have negative knees, you simply need to obtain some knees to be able to pay off your debt. Debt is not necesarily the opposite of a surplus, a debt is not necesarily a negative, I may have the supplies and the funds but may also be in debt and chose to stay in debt, also I may be in surplus but have much debt... so where is the logic in these statements?

You can never reach infinity... and just because your calculator or computer cannot calculate it due to the size of the equation does not mean that it is infinite, it just means you need to build bigger calculators and that process may be very very very looooong....

But it is ok, you see it your way, and that is just dandy... :cheers:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 pm

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 6:55 am » by Daemonfoe


Iwanci wrote:Daemon, have it your way, but we only know what we know because that is the way in which we know it, simply because that is they way we have taught ourselves... in all actuality the -45 degree angle you spoke about is actually only a 45 degree angle albeit it on the opposite side, so using terms like negative does help us as it gives us a quicker reference, but that is only because of the way we have trained oursleves.

Also,
-3 cars is the amount of cars that I own.


You cannot own something you don't own. Just like if you owed someone knees you would not have negative knees, you simply need to obtain some knees to be able to pay off your debt. Debt is not necesarily the opposite of a surplus, a debt is not necesarily a negative, I may have the supplies and the funds but may also be in debt and chose to stay in debt, also I may be in surplus but have much debt... so where is the logic in these statements?

You can never reach infinity... and just because your calculator or computer cannot calculate it due to the size of the equation does not mean that it is infinite, it just means you need to build bigger calculators and that process may be very very very looooong....

But it is ok, you see it your way, and that is just dandy... :cheers:


Have and own represent ownership, and when using amounts in ownership, when going negative you enter the realm of debt. The two go hand in hand. You either own, or owe, or neither (0). This example used in this context is just another point of reference example. The only way to keep track of and calculate these things is to use negative numbers. Accounting, navigation, most vector math in any form, all require the use of negative numbers.

Debt is always represented by a negative number. If you have supplies, you do not necessarily own all of those supplies. If you have 10 supplies, and then later you owe me 3. You subtract 3 supplies from the amount of supplies you own (-3), and give me the rest. I then have the supplies that I own. Ownership and Debt are polar opposites. Possession is it's cousin.

You may or may not be correct about pi. It's supposed to represent a circle, so I wouldn't be surprised if it went on forever.

How many times does 0 fit inside any number > 0?
Infinity.

x/0 = infinity.

Along this same line of thinking, how many times does 0 fit inside 0?

If there is no universe, no god, nothing exists, you have noting, or zero. Normally in a universe there are things inside of it, since things exist inside universes. So, when we have nothing, how many nothings fit inside of that nothing, or how many of that nothing will fit inside of nothing that is around it?

This is the paradox I propose and the 3 possible answers which everything came from. 0, 1, and infinity.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2253
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 7:09 am » by Iwanci


Yes, I see your point of view, but respectfully disagree... how many nothings can you fit into nothing? none is my answer. I don't think you can have an infintessimal amount of nothings, one nothing is enough to fill the nothing void.

Infinity, to me, is the infinite supply of something (as opposed to nothing).. something can be in the form of matter, a number, something tangible or intangible like an idea for example. So, yet again to me, I can start counting at 1 or sub one but not below 0 because at 0 nothing exists and below zero is a place for fantasy.. once you have nothing you cannot have less than nothing, the argument that states you can have a negative is for illustration purposes only... if I owe you 1 item, I owe you '1' item.. the debt to me is 1 item.. this is a notional negative only because I owe it... if I did not have the item to give to you I would simply have '0' item, not negative 1.

Now, to me subtraction really only works when I have something that I can subtract from. Sure, in mathematical terms there is a purpose to going below '0' and the applications are profound, however, in reality you can nevr go below true '0' as it does not exist.

Maybe I am being too philosophical or maybe what we learn in our lives does not allow us to think in real terms and as such we confuse things? Maybe this is why some issues exist, maybe we try and believe that if it can be done on paper it must be true, but we know that what we do on paper or in our minds, may not be a true reflection of our realities...

But I do see your point mate, just thinking in broader terms...

:cheers:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3085
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 2:38 pm » by Poooooot


Daemonfoe wrote:If you count from any number to 0 by subtracting half of the number, you will consistently become closer to 0 with every step, but never actually reach it. Decimals can be infinitely small.

Have you ever seen that Meg Ryan movie "IQ?" It's a corny movie about Albert Einstein from the 90's, but there's an interesting scene. Meg Ryan is in a pub with some guy, I wanna say it was Tim Robbins? Anyways, she was talking about her uncle (Einstein) and how, if you take two people standing facing each other, and each person steps one half the distance between the two, coming closer and closer, they will never actually reach each other, because there will always be a half-way point, no matter how small the distance.... I'd post a video but I can't find it.... :cry:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 3:00 pm » by Spock


Daemonfoe wrote:If you count from any number to 0 by subtracting half of the number, you will consistently become closer to 0 with every step, but never actually reach it. Decimals can be infinitely small.


THIS IS A MAJOR FREAKING SYNC!!!

Not even 5 minutes ago I was talking to a co-worker about the Carolina/Seattle game yesterday.

Late in the 4th, Seattle held Carolina to 4 and out at the end zone. Seattle got the ball on their own like 1 foot line. DANGEROUS football territory. Then, Seattle was called for a false start and the penalty was 1/2 the distance to the goal. At that point I got to thinking, and was telling my coworker, that I figured that regardless of if they committed penalties all day with the consequences being 1/2 the distance to the goal, they would never actually reach the goal line - impossible being that no number except for 0 can be divided by 1/2 to equal zero.


Anyway - Off topic, but I was floored when I opened this thread having just breathed that convo out, and saw that statement.

Carry On! :flop:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 pm

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 8:10 pm » by Daemonfoe


Iwanci wrote:Yes, I see your point of view, but respectfully disagree... how many nothings can you fit into nothing? none is my answer. I don't think you can have an infintessimal amount of nothings, one nothing is enough to fill the nothing void.

Infinity, to me, is the infinite supply of something (as opposed to nothing).. something can be in the form of matter, a number, something tangible or intangible like an idea for example. So, yet again to me, I can start counting at 1 or sub one but not below 0 because at 0 nothing exists and below zero is a place for fantasy.. once you have nothing you cannot have less than nothing, the argument that states you can have a negative is for illustration purposes only... if I owe you 1 item, I owe you '1' item.. the debt to me is 1 item.. this is a notional negative only because I owe it... if I did not have the item to give to you I would simply have '0' item, not negative 1.

Now, to me subtraction really only works when I have something that I can subtract from. Sure, in mathematical terms there is a purpose to going below '0' and the applications are profound, however, in reality you can nevr go below true '0' as it does not exist.

Maybe I am being too philosophical or maybe what we learn in our lives does not allow us to think in real terms and as such we confuse things? Maybe this is why some issues exist, maybe we try and believe that if it can be done on paper it must be true, but we know that what we do on paper or in our minds, may not be a true reflection of our realities...

But I do see your point mate, just thinking in broader terms...

:cheers:


Wouldn't one say that antimatter might represent negative matter? When an equation results in infinity it gives you all numbers above and below 0. Are we made of matter, or are we made of antimatter? There is no answer because to antimatter, we are the antimatter.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook