Will Science Rule Out the Possibility of God?

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 8:12 pm » by Daemonfoe

Spock wrote:
Daemonfoe wrote:If you count from any number to 0 by subtracting half of the number, you will consistently become closer to 0 with every step, but never actually reach it. Decimals can be infinitely small.

THIS IS A MAJOR FREAKING SYNC!!!

Not even 5 minutes ago I was talking to a co-worker about the Carolina/Seattle game yesterday.

Late in the 4th, Seattle held Carolina to 4 and out at the end zone. Seattle got the ball on their own like 1 foot line. DANGEROUS football territory. Then, Seattle was called for a false start and the penalty was 1/2 the distance to the goal. At that point I got to thinking, and was telling my coworker, that I figured that regardless of if they committed penalties all day with the consequences being 1/2 the distance to the goal, they would never actually reach the goal line - impossible being that no number except for 0 can be divided by 1/2 to equal zero.

Anyway - Off topic, but I was floored when I opened this thread having just breathed that convo out, and saw that statement.

Carry On! :flop:

Another fun fact: I made my signature w/o knowing you had yours already. I actually thought you made yours to poke fun at mine. :cheers:
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 8:13 pm » by Daemonfoe

Poooooot wrote:
Daemonfoe wrote:If you count from any number to 0 by subtracting half of the number, you will consistently become closer to 0 with every step, but never actually reach it. Decimals can be infinitely small.

Have you ever seen that Meg Ryan movie "IQ?" It's a corny movie about Albert Einstein from the 90's, but there's an interesting scene. Meg Ryan is in a pub with some guy, I wanna say it was Tim Robbins? Anyways, she was talking about her uncle (Einstein) and how, if you take two people standing facing each other, and each person steps one half the distance between the two, coming closer and closer, they will never actually reach each other, because there will always be a half-way point, no matter how small the distance.... I'd post a video but I can't find it.... :cry:

I have not seen it Poooooot.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Initiate

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 3:47 pm » by 1ofus

I think we are our own creators. We being the collective in a spiritual dimension. I refer to it as our root as I described in a different metaphor.

God is a title for one, it is the epitome of one. When he creates us in his image we make his beliefs our beliefs. All gods will tell you they are the one true god, it goes with the title. when you ascend or descend you encounter a different god who tells you he is the one true god and then transforms or creates you in his image with his better or lesser ideas and beliefs.

I would like to give you some food for thought. Imagine that you are a mind only without a body or without any sensory perception. You can't see, hear, touch, taste or smell anything but yet you want to understand the world around you. It would seem logical that in that state you/we would want to create a way to experience the physical dimension.

Keep in mind, this collective mind is capable of much more than our individual minds. I would suggest that life on earth, from the microorganisms and plant life the animals and even us are the sensory apparatus of this collective mind. In other words we are probes, transmitting data back to the collective mind.

That brings another question, was the universe already here or is that a creation of the collective mind as well. Some can see the design so it would imply, at least to me, a designer or an architect.

That would make this whole dimension nothing more than a virtual reality or an amusement ride so to speak. I see myself on the other side asking my loved ones, "do you want to do it again?" Imo, The other side is where we are home.

There is the visible and there is the invisible. Science and Religion have both had trouble shaping the invisible, so most of the time it is denied or contorted.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 4:09 pm » by Seriouscitizen

1ofus wrote:I think we are our own creators. We being the collective in a spiritual dimension. I refer to it as our root as I described in a different metaphor.

God is a title for one, it is the epitome of one. When he creates us in his image we make his beliefs our beliefs. All gods will tell you they are the one true god, it goes with the title. when you ascend or descend you encounter a different god who tells you he is the one true god and then transforms or creates you in his image with his better or lesser ideas and beliefs.

I would like to give you some food for thought. Imagine that you are a mind only without a body or without any sensory perception. You can't see, hear, touch, taste or smell anything but yet you want to understand the world around you. It would seem logical that in that state you/we would want to create a way to experience the physical dimension.

Keep in mind, this collective mind is capable of much more than our individual minds. I would suggest that life on earth, from the microorganisms and plant life the animals and even us are the sensory apparatus of this collective mind. In other words we are probes, transmitting data back to the collective mind.

That brings another question, was the universe already here or is that a creation of the collective mind as well. Some can see the design so it would imply, at least to me, a designer or an architect.

That would make this whole dimension nothing more than a virtual reality or an amusement ride so to speak. I see myself on the other side asking my loved ones, "do you want to do it again?" Imo, The other side is where we are home.

There is the visible and there is the invisible. Science and Religion have both had trouble shaping the invisible, so most of the time it is denied or contorted.

agree agree agree :flop:

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Seriouscitizen wrote:
1ofus wrote:I think we are our own creators. We being the collective in a spiritual dimension. I refer to it as our root as I described in a different metaphor.

I have to edit my enthusiastic response. What do you mean by this in the higlighted part? I can imagine 'entitities' claiming to be god for example or that you reflect thus filter god in your own image so when your image changes 'HE' does. Like Simulation. But somehow i think this isnt what you mean.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 8:06 pm » by 1ofus

Seriouscitizen wrote:
Seriouscitizen wrote:

I have to edit my enthusiastic response. What do you mean by this in the higlighted part? I can imagine 'entitities' claiming to be god for example or that you reflect thus filter god in your own image so when your image changes 'HE' does. Like Simulation. But somehow i think this isnt what you mean.

This is in reference to the biblical passages that say we are created in God's image (Genesis 1:26 & 1:27), but to better understand what I am saying I have to draw a map. Picture the zodiac as a spiral staircase with the 1st step being Aries and Pisces joining with a second zodiac and this staircase continues to ascend infinitely. As in astrology each sign is ruled by a planet or God, for example Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter or Zeus etc. etc. and as each sign has different characteristics, both positive and negative. If you agree with everything on that step or have changed your beliefs to conform to this sign or god, you have been made in that god's image. If you accept that who we can be is infinite and accept the good of each god or step and reject and dismiss the negative, you realize that you are a continual work in progress and therefore your beliefs are fluid, changing as you learn, ever ascending, and never done being made. So we can't be made in a gods image if we continue to ascend.

These Gods are real and you will encounter them in the world behind your eyeballs if you are ascending. On the other hand, if you are in descent you will not encounter them as much. Descending is the direction they want you to go, but just as in the garden where God made clothing to cover mans nakedness he provides he or she who is in descent with knowledge to cover the truth, or do I mean to fool yourself. It's like herding cattle, if they are going where you want them to go let them go. It's only when you are ascending that they will intervene and influence you to give up the ascent.

A different way of looking at biblical teaching, it's all metaphor, using the visible to shape the invisible.

Have a great day!

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 8:24 pm » by Seriouscitizen

1ofus wrote:
Seriouscitizen wrote:
Seriouscitizen wrote:agree agree agree :flop:

This is in reference to the biblical passages that say we are created in God's image (Genesis 1:26 & 1:27), but to better understand what I am saying I have to draw a map. Picture the zodiac as a spiral staircase with the 1st step being Aries and Pisces joining with a second zodiac and this staircase continues to ascend infinitely. As in astrology each sign is ruled by a planet or God, for example Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter or Zeus etc. etc. and as each sign has different characteristics, both positive and negative. If you agree with everything on that step or have changed your beliefs to conform to this sign or god, you have been made in that god's image. If you accept that who we can be is infinite and accept the good of each god or step and reject and dismiss the negative, you realize that you are a continual work in progress and therefore your beliefs are fluid, changing as you learn, ever ascending, and never done being made. So we can't be made in a gods image if we continue to ascend.

These Gods are real and you will encounter them in the world behind your eyeballs if you are ascending. On the other hand, if you are in descent you will not encounter them as much. Descending is the direction they want you to go, but just as in the garden where God made clothing to cover mans nakedness he provides he or she who is in descent with knowledge to cover the truth, or do I mean to fool yourself. It's like herding cattle, if they are going where you want them to go let them go. It's only when you are ascending that they will intervene and influence you to give up the ascent.

A different way of looking at biblical teaching, it's all metaphor, using the visible to shape the invisible.

Have a great day!

Thank you for that reply. It is incredible. This have been EXACTLY my thoughts a few months ago. Its very nice to see someone tuning in to that also. From your own perspective ofcoarse. Ive been using the 'alogory' of these energies, these gods, these entities also to describe the path of ascension for myself.
And when i 'agreed' upon that truth i discovered myself feeling that we need to go trough this cycle and 'explore' all these different energies because they are our dark sides when we don't, and the dark side gives us secrecy and vulnerabilities in wich these unkowns can control us, if we dont experience them.
They are your god if you havent ascended them, exactly. And to me it is untill you ascend upon the 'totality of all possible experiences' that you encounter the whole, the combination of all energies present. And then start creating new. And if we have done that as a collective consciousness we are strong and experienced enough to work on interdimensial/ interuniversal/ interstellar level where there are many temptations. IN the viewpoint of our current understanding. But then ofcoarse no more. Than we 'truly' are gods,

Initiate

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 pm » by 1ofus

Seriouscitizen wrote:Thank you for that reply. It is incredible. This have been EXACTLY my thoughts a few months ago. Its very nice to see someone tuning in to that also. From your own perspective ofcoarse. Ive been using the 'alogory' of these energies, these gods, these entities also to describe the path of ascension for myself.
And when i 'agreed' upon that truth i discovered myself feeling that we need to go trough this cycle and 'explore' all these different energies because they are our dark sides when we don't, and the dark side gives us secrecy and vulnerabilities in wich these unkowns can control us, if we dont experience them.
They are your god if you havent ascended them, exactly. And to me it is untill you ascend upon the 'totality of all possible experiences' that you encounter the whole, the combination of all energies present. And then start creating new. And if we have done that as a collective consciousness we are strong and experienced enough to work on interdimensial/ interuniversal/ interstellar level where there are many temptations. IN the viewpoint of our current understanding. But then ofcoarse no more. Than we 'truly' are gods,

Yes, there is no limit to what we can become. Realizing what we are as a species for me was like buying a brand new computer with all the extras and a couple years later finding out it was capable of so much more than I ever thought possible.

In regard to your comment about becoming gods, I agree with the sentiment but disagree with the title of god. God is perfect, he will tell you he is anyway, and we can never be completed as we are a learning machine that is always a work in progress, constantly growng, so we can't be perfect. In fact the best advice I could give anyone that wanted it is "don't try to be perfect, only better" If you are trying to be perfect you are going the wrong way.

The key to our collective ascension is cooperation, Conversely, competition is what will prevent us from ascension.

Previous