Will this be the world's fastest car? Inventor claims it has

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 8:51 am » by Malogg

Will this be the world's fastest car? Inventor claims it has a top speed 340 mph...but it will set you back £750,000

Plans for a supercar capable of reaching 340mph have been revealed by a Manchester firm.
Called the Keating Bolt, it will cost £750,000 and go from 0-60mph in just two seconds.
The company, which is run by Dr Anthony Keating, has produced three previous models - the SKR, the TKR and the ZKR.
Scroll down for video

Plans for a supercar capable of reaching 340mph have been revealed by a Manchester firm. Called the Keating Bolt, it will cost £750,000 and go from 0-60mph in just two seconds
The new car will produce 800 horsepower, the firm said. The project is the brainchild of the managing director of Keating Supercars, Tony Keating from Bolton

Its new car will produce 800 horsepower, the firm said.
The project is the brainchild of the managing director of Keating Supercars, Tony Keating from Bolton who has invested millions of pounds in the project.

A prototype of the new supercar will attempt to break the world speed record for production cars in Ras al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates later this year when it will aim to beat the 300mph barrier.

A prototype of the new supercar will attempt to break the world speed record for production cars in Ras al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates later this year when it will aim to beat the 300mph barrierk
Tony Keating (pictured right) with veteran broadcaster Gordon Burns (left) said the car is designed for real supercar enthusiasts with very deep pockets and a twin turbo charged version of The Bolt would travel faster than any supercar in history

Tony, 41, said: ‘The car is unique with many of the components engineered in our own workshop. For real supercar enthusiasts, with very deep pockets, a twin turbo charged version of The Bolt would achieve 0 to 60mph in 2 seconds and travel faster than any supercar in history.’
Keating Supercars previously held the world record for a production car in 2009 recording 260.1 mph at Salt Lake Flats, California.

The Bolt has already attracted the interest of motor manufacturers from around the world and it¿s hoped that it will go on sale to the public next year

The record is currently held by a Bugatti Veyron at 268mph.
The Bolt has already attracted the interest of motor manufacturers from around the world and it’s hoped that it will go on sale to the public next year.
It was developed with help from the University of Bolton’s Centre for Advanced Performance Engineering, where Keating began working on the gearbox design for the car when he was a student there.
Vice Chancellor, Professor George Holmes, said: ‘The University is thrilled to be associated with the development and launch of such a supercar and proud that the man behind it is one of our outstanding graduates.’
The car is powered by a 7.0-litre LS7 V8 in the center of the car.
Power is sent to the rear wheels through a six-speed transmission.
The Bolt will use carbon and Kevlar panels to reduce weight and also has power steering and air-con, as well as safety systems like ABS.
At full power, The Bolt can burn its way through a full tank of petrol in nine minutes.

The project is the brainchild of the managing director of Keating Supercars, Tony Keating (pictured) from Bolton

The car is powered by a 7.0-litre LS7 V8 in the center of the car. The Bolt will use carbon and Kevlar panels to reduce weight and also has power steering and air-con. At full power, The Bolt can burn its way through a full tank of petrol in nine minutes

Video inside >>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... 0-000.html

Black one for me plz Santa :dancing: Lulzzz

Upload to Disclose.tv

Image :flop:

Initiate

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 10:11 am » by Poppa_pygar

Nice Colour Mallog, and that geezer who invented it looks like something out of the Adams family or the Munsters :shock:

But why oh why do they want to invent something that goes that fast?.
I mean you can't use it on the open roads (Except in Germany) or a race track, maybe in the middle of a desert somewhere.

:peep:
If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass! Image

Super Moderator

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 10:25 am » by DarkHeart

Its very old fashioned looking isn't it ?

There is no way it will do anything like that speed on a mere 800 hp, this is a joke :lol:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 pm » by Rich316

Poppa_pygar wrote:Nice Colour Mallog, and that geezer who invented it looks like something out of the Adams family or the Munsters :shock:

But why oh why do they want to invent something that goes that fast?.
I mean you can't use it on the open roads (Except in Germany) or a race track, maybe in the middle of a desert somewhere.

:peep:

Yeah I hear ya! It's pretty pointless really. Why? Egos. These rich bastards have nothing much better to do but spend gazillions trying to make their dicks bigger. The problem I see with these cars is they lack class and they're so extremely fast they're too dangerous for most let alone way out of our price range anyway..

I'd be happy with an imported Aston Martin DB7 or a Vanquish or even an old Ferrarri 360 or somethin - cheaps as chips in the UK.

Super Moderator

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 2:34 pm » by Slith

Poppa_pygar wrote: that geezer who invented it looks like something out of the Adams family or the Munsters

:alien51:

I was thinking the same.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 3:53 pm » by Phoenix rising

Awesome, from my home town as well, be good to see the stig put this through its paces on top gear

We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Initiate

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 5:27 pm » by Umbrex

kinda funny that the fastest car has the biggest ass ...physics, eh?