Will we overcome this?

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 am » by Newearthman

Upload to Disclose.tv

"Crying won't save or feed a hungry child, we can't lay down and wait for a miracle to change things!"

Each day I realize more and more that I have to change my life in a way that will bring about change that I believe in, we are the only ones that can make that happen. No politician, business man or preacher can do it for us! Even I struggle daily with the thought of radically changing my life away from the "system". I come up with all sorts of reasons for and against my decision and my mind has become a battlefield of philosophy...Stay with what I have and try to build upon it (steady job, getting married, having kids, you know, the Canadian dream) or fighting for what I believe in by giving up my steady paying job, move away from "the nest" and joining like minded individuals in starting a community closer to the heart by taking a leap of faith that things will work out for me.

My internal struggle has lead me to this place, http://kakwaecovillage.wordpress.com/ , where I'm considering doing an apprenticeship in spring for at least a month and maybe on a permanent basis.

Has anyone here left the system, so to speak, after being hooked on it since birth?

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 3:13 am » by Newdawnrising

Newearthman wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

"Crying won't save or feed a hungry child, we can't lay down and wait for a miracle to change things!"

Each day I realize more and more that I have to change my life in a way that will bring about change that I believe in, we are the only ones that can make that happen. No politician, business man or preacher can do it for us! Even I struggle daily with the thought of radically changing my life away from the "system". I come up with all sorts of reasons for and against my decision and my mind has become a battlefield of philosophy...Stay with what I have and try to build upon it (steady job, getting married, having kids, you know, the Canadian dream) or fighting for what I believe in by giving up my steady paying job, move away from "the nest" and joining like minded individuals in starting a community closer to the heart by taking a leap of faith that things will work out for me.

My internal struggle has lead me to this place, http://kakwaecovillage.wordpress.com/ , where I'm considering doing an apprenticeship in spring for at least a month and maybe on a permanent basis.

Has anyone here left the system, so to speak, after being hooked on it since birth?

It is far more difficult to leave than you can ever know, not to say it can't be done. Newt you need to do something with yourself man, your as bad as i was not long ago. Your lost in the shadows of reasoning, and nothing you are doing seems good enough. Am i right? You are not as alone as you think, and (project) that you are. Open your eyes as to how great of a person you are, and stop kicking your own ass, and second guessing yourself. Come on...

Upload to Disclose.tv

I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 3:17 am » by 99socks

The hard-to-face reality is that these things we talk about fixing in the world if only we fixed ourselves... is actually the responsibility of the people who are "victims" of these problems. When THEY take responsibility FOR THEMSELVES the world will be a better place. You worry about you and your own neighborhood; the rest is not your concern.. it's only taking away from HERE and NOW. When people stand up against their own warlords, their own corrupt governments and systems, their own abusive cultures, THEN the world will be a better place. No one can do it for someone else.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 3:18 am » by 99socks

Hello NDR!

Looks someone gave you an ass-whoopin'. :mrcool:

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 3:24 am » by Newdawnrising

Here in the now, crossed my mind not 20 minutes ago, damb you socko, turn that shat off.

Upload to Disclose.tv

An ass whippin that awoken the light being in me.
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 3:42 am » by Newearthman

99socks wrote:The hard-to-face reality is that these things we talk about fixing in the world if only we fixed ourselves... is actually the responsibility of the people who are "victims" of these problems. When THEY take responsibility FOR THEMSELVES the world will be a better place. You worry about you and your own neighborhood; the rest is not your concern.. it's only taking away from HERE and NOW. When people stand up against their own warlords, their own corrupt governments and systems, their own abusive cultures, THEN the world will be a better place. No one can do it for someone else.

This is also about what I believe in, yes NDR is right I beat myself up but it's because thats the way I feel and I can't change that, I can only change what makes me feel that way. If I go along with a "sick system" then that also means I am sick as well, thus my emotions. People in harsh situations need people like us to step up, yes they can also do it themselves but if you have a good life and choose to ignore the suffering than you are no better than the ones causing the suffering! We are all in this together!

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 3:48 am » by 99socks

Newearthman wrote:This is also about what I believe in, yes NDR is right I beat myself up but it's because thats the way I feel and I can't change that, I can only change what makes me feel that way. If I go along with a "sick system" then that also means I am sick as well, thus my emotions. People in harsh situations need people like us to step up, yes they can also do it themselves but if you have a good life and choose to ignore the suffering than you are no better than the ones causing the suffering! We are all in this together!

No no no.... see, this is the TRAP. I used to think this way, and for maybe 15 years it made me paralyzed... I was over-concerned with all the little details of how much water I was using, how much I was recycling, keeping my consumption on materialism low... for the sake of saving other people on the other side of the world 3 generations from now. The thing is, you never accomplish anything... you become so obsessed with every minor fault "from you" that you lose sight of the easy things you can do HERE and NOW. It is NOT selfish and self-centered to think about YOU once in a while. It is healthy! Codependence is the deepest pit of shame and guilt, and you really really need to start taking a look at that. If you don't, you will always be spinning in circles and you will never get anywhere. Ever.

When the air pressure drops and the oxygen is low, put your own mask on first, before assisting the person next to you... and in the meantime, stop worrying about the guy 20 rows behind you. :sunny:

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 am » by Newearthman

Well, I am on a mission from God, we're putting the band back together...

Upload to Disclose.tv

:sunny:

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 6:53 am » by Newdawnrising

NEWT, all i know is that in the HERE and NOW, you can not help anyone until you help yourself. You are in the midst of an evolutionary change of mind, many are, some don't even know it. Thoughts enter your mind that are seemingly so new, so fast, and yet so clear that it boggles the brain. I'm not trying to be a shrink here i just don't want to see you go from epiphany to basement like i have. Also for the sake of those emo hunters i won't be to gentile either, you know what you need to do, DOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT! GDI! I mean god forbid Harbin finds me saying anything that isn't manly, anti- establishment, and in a wet beaver mindset. You know PM stuff mang!? Anytime, however with my job, i never know where i may be tomorrow.

So i will finish like i do from time to time, with song.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Hang in there kiddo, there is a field and some of us are to meet there, i would like to find that you are one of those who made it.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 pm » by Cosmine

Newearthman wrote:Well, I am on a mission from God, we're putting the band back together...

Upload to Disclose.tv

:sunny:

Lol,Man, Whatever you choose to do man don't go there,KakWACKO think of it... :twisted:

I red the site...sound to me it's a scam...a free worker wort about $30.000 a year...and whit in every structure there is a "power"structure... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging: :hugging:

Good inputs Sock! :flop: :flop:

:cheers:
Cosmine's cohost...:M8 Ave Lucifera

Upload to Disclose.tv

Vocasti! :twisted:

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook