Willie Macrae murder

User avatar
Posts: 8918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 7:32 pm » by Malogg

Willie Macrae murder


Willie Macrae murder part 1

Upload to Disclose.tv

Willie Macrae murder part 2

Upload to Disclose.tv

Willie Macrae murder part 3

Upload to Disclose.tv


The McRae Mystery

NEW WAVE...OLD WAYS: Who could shoot themselves twice? Who wiped fingerprints from gun? Who could throw weapon 60ft after blowing their brains out

JUST another car crash off a hazardous country road? No. The most intriguing, unsolved murder of the last 25 years. Willie McRae was a larger-than-life character.

A prominent Scottish lawyer, he'd fought and won many cases opposing the government. As an SNP activist, he'd held national office and come close to becoming an MP.

Yet McRae also revelled in his radical anti-nuclear stance - a dangerous position in the 1980s.

On Friday, April 5, 1985, he left his Glasgow office to head north to his weekend home in Kintail.

Laden with his usual bulging briefcase and armfuls of legal document a big grin splitting his face, he turned to his office sta and said: "I've got them! without further explanation.

They were to be the last words he was known to have ' spoken.

Around 10am the following I day, an Australian tourist and his wife pulled their car in at an isolated spot on the A87.

A maroon Volvo lay 30 or so yards off the road, straddling a burn, and the couple wanted to check no one was hurt. hT found a man slumped in the driver's seat, unconscious, hi head smeared with blood.

The next car to arrive was driven by Dr Dorothy Messer, accompanied by her fiancé David Coutts, a Dundee SNP councillor who was shocked to the injured man as Willie McRae.

Dr Messer immediately examined McRae and found he was alive, though dilated pupils indicated serious brain damage.

The police were alerted by another motorist. PC Kenny Crawford arrived from Inverness on his own.

The cops had been told that a prominent Scottish politician, activist and lawyer was lying injured in an isolated spot. What did they do? Send one lonesome PC.

PC Crawford did his best. He and David Coutts struggled to get McRae's limp body out of the car.

With the limited facilities available to her, Dr Messer had concluded that McRae had been hurt in a road accident. The good doctor had done her best. There was nothing to contradict that view -yet.

Willie McRae was taken to Raigmore Hospital, Inverness, and then on to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, the standard procedure for I brain damage treatment.

There, six hours after his discovery, a nurse washed the patient's head and found a bullet hole. An X-ray confirmed McRae had been shot above his right ear. The hitman's bull's eye.

Willie McRae died at 3am on April 7, 1985, at least 36 hours after being injured. Already folk were questioning how the whole affair had been handled.

Realising there had been a cock-up, Chief Superintendent Andrew Lester, of Northern CID, took over the case immediately.

Yet McRae's car was promptly removed from the site of what was now a suspicious death. Normally the scene would have been cordoned off and the car kept there while forensics, photographers and scenes of crime officers completed their work.

It was later revealed police couldn't remember where Willie McRae had been found. They were a mile out until their mistake was pointed out by one of the civilians who had been at the scene. The tragic comedy of errors continued.

When McRae's body was found, PC Crawford had collected a small pyramid of the dead man's personal papers all carefully torn up, topped with his smashed wrist-watch and found 20 yards from his car.

Who had put them so neatly there? Who knows? Too many people had trampled over the ground, ruining any clues. A search the next day revealed a Smith & Wesson .45 in the stream 60ft from the car. The gun had been fired twice and had no fingerprints.

Twice? Who could shoot themselves twice in the head?

McRae wasn't wearing gloves when found. So who wiped the gun of prints?

Sixty feet? Who could throw the hefty gun that distance when they'd just put a bullet in their own brain?

Yet a post mortem would leave an open verdict, suggesting suicide. When challenged, the police suggested the heavy gun had been carried downstream by the water of the wee burn. That theory was soon dismissed.

While they were trying to remove McRae from his car, PC Crawford's cap fell off and David Coutts had bent to retrieve it, getting a clear view of the stream beside and under the car. There was no sign of any gun.

It also emerged the pathologist had failed to carry out a basic test on the wound to determine the range the gun was fired from,

A fundamental test, since suicides always press the gun hard into their skull to be sure, A hitman, on the other hand, might fire from inches or feet away. The closer you get the messier you get and mess is evidence that's difficult to conceal.

McRAE had left for Kintail laden with documents, a bottle of whisky and a pack of cigarettes to feed his chain-smoking habit. None were found in his belongings.

At the time of his death, McRae had been working on yet another sensitive case. Having previously legally prevented the UK Atomic Energy Authority in 1980 from dumping nuclear waste in the Ayrshire hills, he intended to have a similar impact on plans to dump waste from Dounreay in the sea.

McRae had hinted to colleagues that he had been passed classified government documents - not for the first time - and colleagues knew he was carrying highly sensitive papers on this case.

Friends believe it was the Dounreay inquiry he was referring to when, as he left the office, he said: "I've got them!"

Yet no papers of his relating to Dounreay have ever been located. Over months before his death, Willie McRae's house was repeatedly burgled, his legal papers disrupted and destroyed. He became cautious, security conscious and had a copy of the Dounreay papers with him at all times, as he did on the day he died. But they were never found.

The only other copy of the Dounreay papers were kept in his office. Who'd break into a big lawyer's office? But they were stolen when it was burgled. Nothing else was taken.

People began to look for a wider explanation of McRae's death. They didn't have to look too far back.

The year before McRae died, a gentle woman called Hilda Murrell was found murdered in her cottage in rural Shrewsbury. Hilda was a rose grower, a pacifist -who could want to kill her? A robber?

Yes. But the only thing stolen from her home were some papers to do with her other passion - anti-nuclear protesting. Later, it was leaked to the press that Hilda's nephew was a naval intelligence officer involved in the sinking of the Belgrano during the Falklands War, then a great controversy since the ship had been heading away from battle when deliberately sunk.

But no papers of his were taken - just Hilda's anti-nuclear evidence. It was yet another smoke screen. The question was why?

Retired police officers have revealed that because of his legal and political work, McRae was on the files of MI5.

One of the cars used to trail him was a Triumph, registration number PSJ 136X. Wherever McRae went, that car followed.

He had noticed the motor. Willie McRae was nobody's fool. When he raised the matter with a friendly cop, he checked the computer. The car came up marked as "blocked vehicle". That's shorthand for belonging to the Special Branch or I

Yet no inquiry was held into the death of Willie McRae. Instead, there was a whispering campaign suggesting that McRae was everything from an alcoholic, to a homosexual, to a man in deep financial trouble.

Good enough reasons why he might be troubled, why he might have killed himself, but absolutely without any substance.

No one has ever seen the post mortem report. The procurator fiscal in Inverness has refused to comment on the case, citing the Official Secrets Act.

When Madame Ecosse, Winnie Ewing, carried out an investigation for the SNP she was bluntly denied access to the Crown Office papers in spite of giving the customary legal guarantee of confidentiality.

Every independent person who has examined the case of Willie McRae concludes it wasn't suicide. If not suicide then what? Murder? But by whom and in whose name?

'Willie McRae was nobody's fool...he knew he was being followed by shadowy figures'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ery-960817


‘Security service tailed SNP activist on day of his death’

David Leask - Herald Scotland - 4th November 2010 <<< HOLLIEHOAXER

A retired police officer has added to calls for the Willie McRae case to be re-opened after describing how the SNP activist may have been tailed by security services.


Donald Morrison, who believes he was the last person to speak to Mr McRae, watched as two high-powered cars followed the anti-nuclear campaigner hours before he was found fatally wounded on a Highland road 25 years ago.

SNP activist Willie McRae - calls are mounting for a new inquiry into his death or murderMr Morrison was a beat officer patrolling Glasgow city centre when he witnessed two men follow Mr McRae to his Volvo on the morning of April 5, 1985. He then saw the men, and two others in a second vehicle, give chase to Mr McRae.

Tourists found the former SNP vice-chairman in his crashed car with head injuries that day in Kintail in the western Highlands. Surgeons found a bullet in his brain. A gun, Mr McRae’s own, was later found 60ft away from the car in a burn. There were no fingerprints.

The Herald reported earlier this week that Lord Advocate Elish Angiolini has been asked by the SNP leader on Highland Council, John Finnie, to make public all documents relating to the McRae case, in the same way as English authorities have attempted to allay concerns about the death of government scientist David Kelly.

Mr Morrison last night said: “I blame myself for what happened to Willie. I should have reported this. But at the time I was wary of the authorities.

“I didn’t tell because I already knew that Special Branch and M15 had been watching Willie.

“One night we had been told to stay away from his office in Bath Street, which had been broken into several times. What happened that day will always be imprinted in my memory.

“I knew Willie. I used to have lots of apprehensions and would get grilled by him at the Sheriff Court. He would always pop in to see the police before he went into court. He would tell us that he was going to give us a hard time – but assured us it was only for show.”

On the day Mr McRae died, Mr Morrison said he had a clear recollection of two men on foot watching him. He first noticed them before he saw the lawyer, standing at the corner of West Nile Street and Sauchiehall Street, in the heart of Glasgow. One was prematurely grey, 6ft tall and in a smart blue suit. The other was shorter and in a darker suit. Mr Morrison said: “They were both so engrossed in watching what was across the street that they did not appear to have noticed my presence.”

Five minutes after he first spotted the two men, Mr McRae emerged from an off-sales, with two bottles of Islay Mist whisky and 40 Benson and Hedges.

Mr Morrison, seeing his acquaintance, shouted “Just blow into this bag” and made out he was pulling out his notebook.

Mr McRae, who was on his way to his holiday cottage, replied: “ You are only bloody jealous I am going to Kintail for the weekend and I’ll be sitting in front of a log fire tonight with my feet up taking a dram.”

Mr Morrison decided to do Mr McRae a favour. He allowed the lawyer, who was parked outside the Crocketts hardware store on West Nile Street, to do a U-turn and head north.

“As I did so, I noticed that the two males who had been taking surveillance earlier running northwards on the north footway of West Nile Street towards Renfrew Street.

“Seconds later, I saw two cars that had been facing southwards making swift U-turns and going through red traffic signals at Renfrew Street/West Nile Street and obviously in hot pursuit of Mr McRae. “They were obviously very experienced drivers because they were driving bumper to bumper.”

Mr Morrison never found out what happened to the bottles of whisky, one of which had his fingerprints on it as he had caught it from falling off the roof of Mr McRae’s car. Neither the drink, nor the cigarettes, were found at the Highland accident scene.

After Mr Morrison retired from Strathclyde Police in 1998, he joined the SNP. He teamed up with another former police officer, Iain Fraser, to try and find out more about the case.

Mr Fraser had reason to be interested. As a private investigator, he had been hired by a mystery client to keep tabs on Mr McRae.

Both now want a full fatal accident inquiry. Mr McRae’s death was deemed by Northern Constabulary to be a suicide.

Mr Fraser said yesterday: “It was always denied that Willie McRae was under surveillance. We know he was. I can’t believe the SNP Government has still not begun an inquiry to get to the bottom of this.”

The unanswered question
Willie McRae’s Smith and Wesson .45 was found in a stream 60ft from where the lawyer was fatally injured in his crashed car. How did it get there?

Mr McRae had been fighting Britain’s nuclear industry for years. Before he died he told friends he had “got them”. What exactly was he working on?

Who wanted to know what Mr McRae was up to? Who was following him? And who paid private investigator Iain Fraser to keep tabs on him?

There were no fingerprints on the weapon. Why not? Mr McRae was not wearing gloves.

Mr McRae reportedly left Glasgow with a bundle of documents and the whisky and cigarettes he was seen buying by police officer Donald Morrison. What happened to these items?

http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/sco ... mcrae.html


Call for new probe of SNP activist Willie McRae's death

Scotland's senior law officer has been asked to re-investigate the death of an SNP activist 25 years ago.


Solicitor and anti-nuclear campaigner Willie McRae was found badly injured in his crashed car on the A87 near Kintail in Wester Ross in April 1985.

Later, in hospital where he died, medical staff found a gunshot wound behind his right ear.

SNP councillor and former policeman John Finnie has asked Lord Advocate Elish Angiolini to look at the case.

Mr Finnie has urged her to release any official details so far kept secret in the same way confidential information on the death of UK government adviser Dr David Kelly were made public last month.

In a letter to Ms Angiolini, the SNP group leader on Highland Council said: "The circumstances of Willie McRae's death, and the subsequent investigation, have led to a quarter of a century of speculation and public disquiet.

"Public confidence in the functions of state is very important, indeed, the UK government stated that their recent decision to release 'new details' about Dr David Kelly's death was 'in the interests of maintaining public confidence'.

"I ask you to display similar understanding of the public's need and institute a full investigation into all the circumstances surrounding the death of Willie McRae."

Mr McRae was travelling from Glasgow to his holiday home in Kintail.

Following the discovery of the gunshot wound, police recovered the weapon some distance from where his car crashed. There were no fingerprints on the gun.

No fatal accident inquiry was held and Mr McRae's death remains unsolved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-h ... s-11665643



Upload to Disclose.tv



New evidence emerges in 20-year riddle surrounding SNP man's death

A FORMER policeman has rekindled a 20-year mystery surrounding the death of Willie McRae, a former vice-chairman of the Scottish National Party, by claiming to have spied on him shortly before his death.

Mr McRae's death in 1985 has gone down as suicide, although many believe he was murdered. It has also been officially denied that he was under surveillance.

But Iain Fraser, who worked as a private investigator after leaving the police, has revealed he was asked by a mystery client to spy on Mr McRae just three weeks before he died. He has added his voice to calls for a public inquiry into the death.

Mr McRae, a lawyer and anti-nuclear campaigner, was found dead in his crashed car on the A87 near Kintail in Wester Ross. At first it seemed he had died in the accident, but a gunshot wound was later found.

The gun was recovered some distance from the car, but there were no fingerprints. No fatal accident inquiry was held.

Mr Fraser, 65, who runs a hotel in Cullen, said he was paid 135 by the caller to watch Mr McRae on a Saturday in 1985. He said: "I had no idea who the client was, but in the murky world of private investigation that was not unusual.

"The cheque came from Newcastle. I can't remember the individual who signed it, I wished I had kept a copy now, but I had no idea at that time this was going to rear its head again."

Mr Fraser was based in the same building as Mr McRae's office in Glasgow. "I was surprised to be asked to do the job as there was a possibility that, having met each other, he may recognise me."

Mr Fraser followed Mr McRae from mid-afternoon until about 6pm and from 8pm to nearly 11pm. During that time the solicitor left the SNP headquarters in Edinburgh to meet two people in Morningside and attended a concert in the Queen's Hall.

Mr Fraser said: "My client was able to tell me exactly what Willie's movements would have been that day. I just thought it was a normal, domestic job and had no idea it could have such serious implications."

Mr Fraser has spoken up now after meeting another former policeman, Donald Morrison, who spoke to Mr McRae just before he left on his fateful trip to Kintail and is convinced his death was not suicide.

Mr Fraser added: "There seems to be so much smoke and mirrors involved in this case. If this sparks off an inquiry, I would be happy because there are a number of things that remain unanswered.

"There are inconsistencies at the crime scene and it seems there was a closing of ranks of the establishment."

Repeated requests for an official inquiry into Mr MacRae's death have been turned down. Last year, Elish Angiolini, the Solicitor General, refused a request from Fergus Ewing, the SNP MSP, to discuss allegations that Mr MacRae was under surveillance in the weeks leading up to his death. She also said a further investigation was not justified.

Mr Ewing said he plans to meet Mr Fraser and added: "There remains a cloud of suspicion over Willie McRae's death and this is another emerging piece of possible evidence."

The Crown Office declined to comment yesterday.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/t ... -1-1125580


More info within here :arrow: http://holliegreigjustice.blogspot.co.uk/

It only takes that one person to go missing for the world to become empty

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 5262
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:59 pm
Location: Homme avec hache, pas cher

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 7:57 pm » by DarkHeart

Excellent post !

The freedom of information that the internet offers is making it harder & harder to cover this type of thing up in the hope that it will drop out of consciousness with time.

User avatar
Posts: 8918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 8:45 pm » by Malogg

DarkHeart wrote:Excellent post !

The freedom of information that the internet offers is making it harder & harder to cover this type of thing up in the hope that it will drop out of consciousness with time.


Cheers DarkHeart

That is exactly what them that do so believe that folks with so much austerities and goings on that the sheeps will just not bother to even give a thought about the obvious cover-up's that have and will be happening

One thing does it not look rather damming that David Leask > Image a proven and exposed Holliehoaxer would have written an article apon Willie Macrae's murder ?

Ima say it is just another dodgy coincidence with absolutely no connection whatsoever eh

Members of the holliehoaxteam on the hollie yew tree, notice Leasky at the bottom twice as because he is a rather dodgy character (((in my opinion))). . . As exposed here on DiscloseTV. . .


Bahahaha Oh the Lulzzz :lol:
It only takes that one person to go missing for the world to become empty

User avatar
Posts: 8918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 pm » by Malogg

It only takes that one person to go missing for the world to become empty

User avatar
Posts: 8918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostSun Dec 22, 2013 7:13 pm » by Malogg


http://holliegreigjustice.blogspot.co.u ... mself.html

Yeap sure sounds about right

RIP Willie McRae

It only takes that one person to go missing for the world to become empty

User avatar
Posts: 8918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostFri Apr 04, 2014 10:15 am » by Malogg

It only takes that one person to go missing for the world to become empty

User avatar
Posts: 8918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostSun Apr 06, 2014 1:53 pm » by Malogg

SNP mystery death turned into drama

Published on 6 April 2014

Judith Duffy

IT is a death that has inspired speculation and rumour of dark involvement by the shadowy agents of the state for nearly three decades.

Now the controversy surrounding the "suicide" of SNP activist and lawyer Willie McRae, a prominent anti-nuclear campaigner, is to be turned into a play.

Some 29 years ago this month, on April 5, 1985, 61-year-old McRae left Glasgow to travel to his holiday home in Dornie, Wester Ross, for the weekend.

The next day he was found badly injured in his crashed car by two Australian tourists in a remote spot on the A87 near Kintail in Wester Ross.

Medical staff found a gunshot wound behind his right ear and police later recovered a weapon - which bore no fingerprints - some distance from where his car crashed.

He died the next day and while his death was ruled as a suicide, many believe he was murdered.

He was alleged to have been under Special Branch observation at the time of his death.

The play, Three Thousand Trees, written by poet and playwright George Gunn, will be performed at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in August and is based around a fictional account of the last night of McRae's life.

Producer Mark MacNicol said he had been fascinated by the story of McRae while carrying out research for the play, and hoped it would bring the story to a new audience.

But he added the play would also raise a theme relevant to today's society of the idea of "Big Brother" surveillance and how far authorities will go to protect state secrets.

"We live in a culture at the moment where our civil liberties are being eroded," he said.

"Pretty much everybody now accepts that the state, your government, is watching you and your privacy has gone.

"But what is too scary for most people to accept is the possibility the state is capable of executing or eliminating or getting rid of a troublesome citizen.

"I believe the Willie McRae story, while obviously about one man, is very topical in 2014 as it represents that bigger picture in terms of the issue of government watching us and potentially being capable of getting rid of people."

At the time of his death, McRae had been campaigning against plans to dump waste from Dounreay in the sea.

He is said to have been in ­possession of highly sensitive papers on the case - which have never been located. As he left his office to travel to his holiday home, his last words to his office staff were "I've got them!", which some believe was a reference to the ­Dounreay case.

His house was also repeatedly burgled in the months running up to his death, adding to the mystery.

Gunn, who is based in Caithness, said he had been interested in the story of McRae's death since 1985.

"I was concerned about the case from the very beginning because of the sense of injustice," he said. "I wanted to present that case."

Actor Billy Riddoch, who appeared in Trainspotting, will take on the role of the fictional Willie MacKay in the play.

The cast also includes River City actor Adam Robertson, who plays an MI5 officer and is co-producer of the play. It will be directed by actress Libby McArthur.

It is not the first time the story of McRae's death has been used as a source of inspiration for fiction: Ian Rankin's 2011 novel The Impossible Dead has a character loosely based on him.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/ne ... a.23887496
It only takes that one person to go missing for the world to become empty

User avatar
Posts: 8918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 3:13 pm » by Malogg

Clarifying the facts of McRae's death

As a friend of the late Willie McRae I regretted that there was never a fatal accident inquiry which might have thrown light on how that thorn in the side of the UK establishment died (SNP mystery death turned into drama, News, April 6).

A belated FAI might help to establish exactly where the car "crashed" and how many bullet wounds were in Mr McRae's head. A post-mortem report might clarify that second point, which may be relevant to the possibility of suicide.

Dr David Stevenson


http://www.heraldscotland.com/comment/l ... h.23925321

A wee forum apon Willie


Last modified 14th April 2014 :arrow:


Upload to Disclose.tv

Death of SNP’s Willie McRae inspires Fringe play

Willie McRae pictured in 1976. Picture: TSPL


THE mysterious death of an SNP activist nearly 30 years ago is set to inspire a major new production at this year’s Edinburgh Festival Fringe.

Unanswered questions about the case of Willie McRae, a former vice-chairman of the party, will be revived when the play Three Thousand Trees is staged at the Hilton Doubletree on Bread Street.

McRae, a prominent nationalist, lawyer and anti-nuclear campaigner, was found dead in his crashed car off the A87 near Kintail in Wester Ross in 1985.

Although his death was thought to have been due to an accident, a gunshot wound was later found behind his right ear. Despite suggestions he committed suicide, conspiracy theories have abounded that he was actually murdered after being monitored by Special Branch - a gun was recovered from distance from where McRae’s car was found.

The death of McRae - who was travelling from Glasgow to his holiday home in Kintail - was officially recorded as suicide, but many believe he was murdered due to a number of bizarre aspects of the case. The Crown Office has even been urged to formally reopen the case by some SNP politicians, despite the then party leader, Gordon Wilson, and McRae’s family being against an inquiry at the time.

Glasgow-based novelist and playwright Mark MacNicol has joined forces with Thurso-based writer George Gunn, who has penned the script of a fictionalised story directly inspired by the case.

MacNicol, who revealed plans for the show ahead of the anniversary of McRae’s death today, told Scotland on Sunday: “The SNP have told me they don’t want anything to do with the play, which is disappointing.

“Most people in Scotland have never heard of Willie McRae, but we’re very excited about bringing his story to an international audience.

“We know there are going to be a lot of shows about the referendum at this year’s Fringe, but we think this is the perfect time to put the play on, especially at a time when governments are monitoring people more than ever before. It has become evident that having a right to privacy is being eroded. This will be an opportunity to get that debate going on the Fringe.”

http://www.news-cloud.co.uk/TheScotsman ... ePlay.html
It only takes that one person to go missing for the world to become empty

User avatar
Posts: 8918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 4:44 am » by Malogg

There was a time when Clan Mackenzie held sway over all the land from Ardnamurchan to Strathnaver. It is said that they originated in mid-Ross, claiming descent from that ancient earldom, but in the 12th century they were removed to the lands of Kintail in Wester Ross by William the Lion. There, the clan's power and influence grew and they were joined by the MacRaes, who became the Mackenzie chief's bodyguard, and the MacLennans, who became their hereditary standard bearers.
http://www.fife.50megs.com/clan-mackenz ... tland.html

Demonic ritual clue


The unresolved ‘suicide’ of Willie MacRae
Posted April 5, 2014 by Andrew

When next time you hear that no-one has lost their life in the campaign for an independent Scotland, that no-one has been threatened or murdered, then remember that the suspicious circumstances death of Willie MacRae nearly 30 years ago remain if not unsolved then certainly under-investigated.

While ‘the Crown’ might be satisfied at delivering a verdict of death by suicide, let us consider the key facts known about the scene of the crime and present them as simply as possible because it’s all too easy to dismiss such mysteries as ‘conspiracies’:

1. the Smith & Wesson .45 revolver found near the scene of the ‘suicide’ was 18m from where Willie was found in his car;
2. the revolver had no fingerprints;
3. however, Willie, when found, was not wearing gloves;
4. the gunshot wound was to the back of Willie’s head (behind his right ear) and was in fact only discovered by a nurse cleaning the blood from his hair, after Willie had been taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary;
5. look up .45 calibre gunshot wounds. It’s not pretty. In fact, if you’d shot someone in the head such that you created an entry wound but no exit wound, then you don’t need to have watched too many episodes of Rebus or Taggart to know that you’re far more likely to have been using a .22 calibre pistol.

During his life, Willie was not only a politically active member of the SNP but having served in the Royal Indian Navy had been friendly to the independence campaign in India. A busy lawyer in Glasgow, commercial practise often took second place to civil rights, so it’s no surprise that Willie was also an anti-nuclear campaigner who played a part in trying to prevent the dumping of nuclear waste in Scottish coastal waters.

Given what we now know about the dumping of nuclear waste by the UK military and that at the time of his death, Willie MacRae was rumoured to be investigating NATO military assets in Scotland, you’d have to be a prize numptie to not be asking why the Scottish police were ordered to stop investigating the death by a Dean at the Crown Office. The reason given in a letter being the apparent impropriety of ‘the Crown’ appearing to interfere in the affairs of another political party… odd when you think that ‘the Crown’ is supposed to be impartial and above politics. Those of us who are more constitutionally literate are wondering: what does a suicide have to do with party politics?

Unlike England, there are no mandatory Coroner’s Inquests in Scotland whereby a verdict of suicide can only be recorded if ‘proven beyond reasonable doubt‘. This is important because the Procurator Fiscal needs evidence provided by the police to investigate and prosecute a case and without a Procurator Fiscal’s report, the Lord Advocate has nothing to take to the Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg…

…but they say it’s not what you know, unless you’re driving home to Dornie from Glasgow with a briefcase full of documents about the planned dumping of nuclear waste near Dounreay (documents that were never found in his car, nor in Willie’s flat which had been burgled on a number of occasions), nor is it who you know but the questions that you ask.

I was just a kid when Willie died on 7 April 1985. With the UK government keen on bombing us into submission and accepting the status quo and those of us in favour of independence wondering when the counter-punch is going to come back from the ‘Yes’ campaign, maybe it’s time we started talking to friends and family. Let’s try to figure out exactly who does what before Philip Hammond gets back on the plane to Washington. The Union has been our master for three centuries and no matter how secure the lock-box, you cannot keep all your secrets from those you’ve treated as servants. It’s time we started talking about our own experiences and for those that cannot speak any longer, we should find the courage to do it for them even if – like me – you’re just a part-time retail worker who’s never going to be one of The Big Yins you see on the goggle-box and who believes they’ve got nothing to contribute to the debate.

To that end, I’d like to ask an open question: are nuclear weapons really the worst thing that’s being kept stored for use by the submarine base on the Clyde? According to the Biological Weapons Convention 1972, there are no such weapons on UK soil but you don’t have to have read Ken Alibek’s ‘Biohazard’ to know that the treaty includes no formal verification process.

Now ask yourself another question: just where exactly did the UN get Western experts to monitor the destruction of Syrian chemical (or biological) weapons?

If you want to know just how close are some of the more mysterious military assets in Scotland to major centres of population, get the train from Fort William to Glasgow Queen Street and when the train is a few miles out from Glasgow, look to the left (east) of the train – and if my bearings weren’t completely shonky, you’re looking for something called ‘Greenfield Wood’ on your OS Explorer map.

Now ask yourself another question: just what is being stored behind those concrete anti-missile walls and would a Freedom of Information request ever tell you the answer?

Maybe if you’ve read this and are planning on taking that train journey, you’ll pay a bit more attention when you do make the journey because if you have to hide something, take a tip from ‘the Crown’ and put it in plain sight…. like here on the BBC: just when exactly are they going to get around to following-up this story?

http://www.bentleysteed.com/the-unresol ... ie-macrae/
It only takes that one person to go missing for the world to become empty

User avatar
Posts: 8918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 9:20 am » by Malogg


SNP activist 'killed over child sex files'

A FIREBRAND SNP activist who died in mysterious circumstances was to expose a paedophile ring that would have brought down the Government, it was claimed last night.

There was no inquiry into McRae's death as his brother did want to reveal Willie's homosexuality

Willie McRae was said to have discovered child abuse by cabinet ministers and other leading members of the establishment on both sides of the Border. Shortly before his death he was seen photocopying a dossier of names in case something should happen to him.

The copies are understood to have been posted to a number of close associates. Despite a lengthy inquiry, the Sunday Express has been unable to establish whether any copies of the alleged dossier are still in existence.

McRae never went public with his allegations as he was found shot dead in his car off a remote road in Wester Ross on April 6, 1985.

Some maintain he was murdered by the security services over his opposition to plans to dump nuclear waste in Scotland, while others have said he was silenced by drug smugglers.
Significantly, however, his death also fits the timeline of recent claims about Westminster perverts and a massive police cover-up of child abuse and murder in the early 1980s.

His death also came just months after the late Tory MP Geoffrey Dickens handed his own infamous paedophile dossier to then Home Secretary Leon Brittan – only for it to be lost or destroyed by Home Office officials.

Fionna Borders, whose late husband James was a barrister involved in a number of child abuse cases, said she was convinced that McRae was on the verge of “shaking the establishment” to the core when he lost his life.

Mrs Borders said she learned of McRae’s dossier from former police officer turned private investigator Iain Fraser, who died only a few weeks ago.

A close friend of McRae’s who had an office in the same building on Bath Street in Glasgow, Mr Fraser was hired to spy on his “bosom buddy” in 1985 by an anonymous client.

Mrs Borders said: “Willie McRae got that information, and being the kind of man he was, he could not just sit on it. Unfortunately he spoke of the list to somebody he should not have which was his downfall.

“It is easy to sound like a conspiracy theorist – but at times conspiracy theories are proven true.

“Why not stage a car accident, his Volvo wrapped around a tree? God knows that has been done in the past. No. It was made to look like suicide – except, of course, it wasn’t.
“It was a message to leave matters well alone, and those in the know took it just as it was intended.”

Another source close to Mr Fraser said he had learned of the existence of the alleged dossier from a member of staff in Mr McRae’s office.

Some years ago, McRae was linked with another document describing a network of high-ranking Scottish paedophiles – dubbed The Untouchables – based on the deathbed confession of child abuser James Gallogley. But this dossier was dismissed as a hoax.

Earlier this month, it emerged that Police Scotland has set up a team of detectives to investigate claims of child abuse involving the late Solicitor General Sir Nicholas Fairbairn MP and other high-ranking Scottish legal figures from the same era.

Mrs Borders said she believed McRae’s dossier named powerful men from both sides of the Border, and he was “well on his way” to going public.

Before leaving Glasgow for his cottage near Kintail, Wester Ross, the 62-year-old showed a briefcase of documents to a friend, PC Donald Morrison, and told him: “I’ve got them this time.”

However, despite phoning ahead to ask for the fire to be lit, he never made it to his destination.

Instead, his body was found the next morning off the A87, with a bullet wound to his head. A gun was near the car leading to the suicide verdict.

His briefcase or the documents it contained have never been found.

Mrs Borders added: “McRae had worked so hard to expose this disgusting cancer. He knew it was dangerous which is why he made the back-up copies – not that anything has ever come of them.

“He had been due to leave Glasgow much earlier than he did, but his tyres had been slashed. That’s not something that’s widely known.

“In those days nobody wanted to be on the Highland roads at night. There was nothing open after 9pm. Yet he only headed up the road at 6.30pm knowing it would take him until late to reach his destination. The only reason is somebody made sure he would be alone on the roads.”

Calls for a public inquiry have been unsuccessful despite the fact the gun had been fired twice and was found some distance from the car.

Furthermore, although McRae was not wearing gloves, there were no fingerprints on the firearm.

Just a few months after McRae’s death, Geoffrey Dickens spoke in the House of Commons about the dangers he had faced due to his attempt to expose powerful paedophiles.
He said: “Honourable Members will understand that where big money is involved and as important names came into my possession so the threats began. First, I received threatening phone calls followed by two burglaries at my London home.

“Then, more seriously, my name appeared on a multi-killer’s hit list.”

Dickens died in 1995 and his investigation was forgotten until the Jimmy Savile scandal led to a renewed interest in historic abuse.

Meanwhile, the retired policeman who was the last person to see Willie McRae alive last night said he too believed the solicitor had uncovered evidence about a powerful paedophile ring.

I now strongly believe he had in his possession a list of names that could have brought down individuals if not establishment

Donald Morrison, last person to see McRae alive

Donald Morrison spoke to McRae in Glasgow shortly before he set off for the Highlands on the day of his death and noticed a briefcase full of documents in his maroon Volvo.

The briefcase has never been found and Mr Morrison said that for many years he believed the would-be politician had unearthed evidence about illegal nuclear waste at Dounreay.

However, he said he is now adamant the real reason for his death was that he was planning to expose a child abuse network operating at the highest level.

He said: “At the end of the day he was not done in for trying to stop the dumping of nuclear waste.

“I think he was in possession of secret information about Cyril Smith and others.

“Special Branch had removed information from police files down south to do with Smith and they just disappeared. There is a similarity here to Willie McRae’s death.

“The two people who were following him gave a statement to what was then the Northern Constabulary and those statements have gone missing too.”

Mr Morrison said he believed McRae may have first heard of the ring from his friend Lord Mountbatten, the Queen’s cousin who was killed by the IRA in 1979, or from somebody linked to him.

McRae had been Lord Mountbatten’s aide-de-camp in India, when he was a young lieutenant-commander in the Royal Indian Navy.

However he first came upon the information, Mr Morrison said McRae would have carried out his own detailed investigation before preparing to go public with it. He added that he learned through colleagues that Strathclyde Police had been made aware of documents “which could be dangerous to the Government” in McRae’s office.

In light of the recent exposes about MPs and other high profile individuals, Mr Morrison sensed the information must have concerned child sexual abuse.

He added: “It will be 30 years since Willie McRae’s death in April and there has never been an inquiry into his death.

“Willie’s brother, who was a doctor in Edinburgh, did not wish to have an inquiry at the time because their mother was still alive and they did not want the fact Willie was gay to come out.

“I now strongly believe he had in his possession a list of names that could have brought down individuals if not establishments”

Official government documents relating to McRae’s death would normally be released by the National Archives under the ‘30-year rule’ in January.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/541793 ... -sex-files

Upload to Disclose.tv

Finally the truth of it

RIP Bill
It only takes that one person to go missing for the world to become empty


  • Related topics
    Last post