Winked at from space 1991 VG

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 05, 2009 12:25 pm » by Aardvaaks

Does anyone remember about this object approaching very close to the Earth back nearly 2 decades ago? Thought at first to being an asteroid it took on an odd shape the closer it came and was observed by astronomers who were lets say suprised when the object winked
Could this have been an old rocket booster or an alien probe? :think:
http://sciencespeculation.blogspot.com/ ... facts.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 05, 2009 12:40 pm » by Drextin

they're pretty sure its spent rocket boosters.........at least thats the official word on the matter. fact is they screwed the pooch on the whole thing so bad we may never know what it was.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 05, 2009 10:51 pm » by Aardvaaks

drextin wrote:they're pretty sure its spent rocket boosters.........at least thats the official word on the matter. fact is they screwed the pooch on the whole thing so bad we may never know what it was.

Yes its a shame that things can get so blurred with the passage of time.
I read that too concerning the spent rocket boosters possibly acting like an artificial satellite hence the luminosity of the object changing, but the object also displayed an odd orbit flying close to the sun then along by our moon :think: Intriguing!
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx