Woman faces 93 days in jail for planting garden in yard

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 09, 2011 3:56 pm » by domdabears

Also, the judge aint giving her 93 days in jail.
I don't care what anyone says. It's not happening.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 09, 2011 3:58 pm » by domdabears

marduk2012 wrote:
domdabears wrote:I bagged me another squirrel this morning!

You tea bagged a squirrel?!

:badair:

Nope. Shot the fucker in the head!
That's how we roll!
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 09, 2011 4:05 pm » by Wolfbane7272

evildweeb wrote:Woman faces 93 days in jail for planting garden in front yard...

Nashville Nixes Home Offices
Morning Links »

Does Michelle Obama Know About This?
Thursday, July 7th, 2011

Oak Park, Michigan:

Their front yard was torn up after replacing a sewer line, so instead of replacing the dirt with grass, one Oak Park woman put in a vegetable garden and now the city is seeing green.

The list goes on: fresh basil, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, cumbers and more all filling five large planter boxes that fill the Bass family’s front yard.

Julie Bass says, “We thought we’re minding our own business, doing something not ostentatious and certainly not obnoxious or nothing that is a blight on the neighborhood, so we didn’t think people would care very much.”

But some cared very much and called the city. The city then sent out code enforcement.

“They warned us at first that we had to move the vegetables from the front, that no vegetables were allowed in the front yard. We didn’t move them because we didn’t think we were doing anything wrong, even according to city code we didn’t think we were doing anything wrong. So they ticketed us and charged me with a misdemeanor,” Bass said . . .

City code says that all unpaved portions of the site shall be planted with grass or ground cover or shrubbery or other suitable live plant material. Tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers are what Basses see as suitable.

However, Oak Park’s Planning and Technology Director Kevin Rulkowski says the city disagrees. He says, “If you look at the dictionary, suitable means common. You can look all throughout the city and you’ll never find another vegetable garden that consumes the entire front yard.”

So what is suitable? From another local news report:

. . . we asked Rulkowski why it’s not suitable.

“If you look at the definition of what suitable is in Webster’s dictionary, it will say common. So, if you look around and you look in any other community, what’s common to a front yard is a nice, grass yard with beautiful trees and bushes and flowers,” he said.

God forbid your yard doesn’t include beautiful trees, bushes and flowers. It’s your job, Oak Park citizens, to give Kevin Rulkowski pretty things to look at. According to Bass’s blog, she’s demanding her right to a jury trial. So the city plans to throw the book at her.

our attorney spoke to the prosecutor today. (for the record, my crush on him is totally finished after today.)

his position: they are going to take this all the way.

officially, this means i am facing 93 days in jail if they win.

no joke.

http://www.theagitator.com/2011/07/07/d ... bout-this/

so really what i am hearing is the city doesnt like it when someone presents originality and something beneficial to her family , thats a fuckin joke . who the fuck are these twats ? dont they have more important issues at hand then someone vegetable garden ? and throw the book at her lol fuckin dimwits runnin the show really . so i guess a rusted out car used as a flower bed is ok but not a all natural garden .
Last edited by Wolfbane7272 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 09, 2011 4:06 pm » by -Marduk-

domdabears wrote:
marduk2012 wrote:
domdabears wrote:I bagged me another squirrel this morning!

You tea bagged a squirrel?!

:badair:

Nope. Shot the fucker in the head!
That's how we roll!

________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 09, 2011 4:23 pm » by domdabears

marduk2012 wrote:Image

lol
you guys are getting pretty desperate for trying to insult americans.

And whoever made this is a moron.
That's a chipmunk Photoshopped on a tarantula. Not even a squirrel.

FAIL!!!
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostSat Jul 09, 2011 4:34 pm » by Scarecro

Who thinks property rights still exist in this "country"?

The city planner says look at websters definition, guess what mr city planner, the courts don't use websters definitions. You crooks can't have your cake and eat it too. He also said we don't want to see that in (I couldn't tell after several playbacks if he said HER yard or OUR yard).... if he said it was HER yard, well then, DONT DRIVE BY HER HOUSE JACKASS. If he said OUR yard, well then, Houston, we have a problem. What exactly does he plan other than being a pain in the ass and violating someones rights?

I for one am glad they are getting this low life scum off of our streets. How dare anyone grow food. Vegetables are very ugly with their vibrant colors and the natural odors they put out... This woman should be lucky the towns folk don't string her up by her toenails for this heinous crime being committed on humanity.

Kind of funny that the FDA claims to "own" the word "organic".... Her neighbors need to start O R G A N I C gardens in their front yards too.

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 09, 2011 4:43 pm » by Kinninigan

Wasn't it Michelle Obama herself with her big PR stunt planting a garden on the whitehouse lawn, and encouraging Americans to start gardens themseves?

And besides from what I understand about tomatoes and peppers they are flowering plants, so they are saying its illegal to grow flowers, they should fight back by saying everyone in the township with FLOWERS in there yards should be fined, fight the courts with there own stupidity.
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Previous