Wood Stove runs a generator

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 pm » by Flecktarn

ImageImage

Initiate

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 11:57 pm » by mykingdomforthetruth

seen this before its very impressive
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 am » by Flecktarn

like wood gas from the second world war ,i like the ideal
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 2:12 am » by Cia212

Wonder how it works under load.

Initiate

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 am » by Stone069

That is the issue with this set up. NOT PUTTING THIS DOWN!! just saying. The generator may "run" with this set up, but once a load is introduced the generator will call for more fuel and there, more then likely, not be enough gas to carry the load. To the videos credit he does not claim it is perfect just "another step closer" in which he is correct.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 4:16 pm » by Flecktarn

anyone remember in europe during ww2 cars and buses were converted to run on wood gas so i guess they sorted out the load issues ,
ImageImage

Initiate

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 4:44 pm » by Spikey

[*]
Flecktarn wrote:anyone remember in europe during ww2 cars and buses were converted to run on wood gas so i guess they sorted out the load issues ,

Yes, exactly.

Due to petrol and diesel shortages, most civilian autos were converted (temporarily) to run on 'wood gas', just like this video is showing.

A large stove like drum was strapped to the back of trucks and some cars towed a small trailer carrying the equipment.

They ran perfectly well, and there's no reason why they couldn't again...especially if the governments and oil corporations keep raping us over fuel prices anyway.

The didn't just run on wood either, although wood was a primary fuel. Straw, hay, dried leaves, charcoal, waste paper and just about anything organic that contained hydrocarbons would work, although wood was prefered as it would burn longer and mean less refilling the chamber.

Heating water for steam power is also an alternative, although inherently more dangerous than 'wood gas' due to the pressures involved with steam driven turbines, and the dangers of explosions.

Initiate

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 pm » by Stone069

Flecktarn wrote:anyone remember in europe during ww2 cars and buses were converted to run on wood gas so i guess they sorted out the load issues ,

I think you took my comment as hatin',it was not. I have seen vehicles run this way, just on a slightly more complex system.
I am impressed actually,I have worked small engines most of my life and have not taken the time to dig deeper. This tech as well as running on water have always been an interest to me I have just been way to busy providing for my family. There are a ton of these ideas out there,I wish I had the time to invest.

I was also impressed with the idea of running propane appliances off of it as well. This is one idea I had not seen, but makes perfect sense.
Sorry if it seemed I was putting it down, I just did not explain my comment thoroughly. Btw, FLECK thank you for your service.I had seen some posts about you having to leave us here for a few weeks.at least we know someone out there has OUR backs.peace

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 5:46 pm » by Flecktarn

Stone069 wrote:

I think you took my comment as hatin',it was not. I have seen vehicles run this way, just on a slightly more complex system.
I am impressed actually,I have worked small engines most of my life and have not taken the time to dig deeper. This tech as well as running on water have always been an interest to me I have just been way to busy providing for my family. There are a ton of these ideas out there,I wish I had the time to invest.

I was also impressed with the idea of running propane appliances off of it as well. This is one idea I had not seen, but makes perfect sense.
Sorry if it seemed I was putting it down, I just did not explain my comment thoroughly. Btw, FLECK thank you for your service.I had seen some posts about you having to leave us here for a few weeks.at least we know someone out there has OUR backs.peace

i took it in a good way ,not much offends me ,i find things like this important to re learn as we are getting screwed over all the time ,and fuel from burning wood etc is a big plus :flop: :flop:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm » by Flecktarn

Spikey wrote:[*]

Yes, exactly.

Due to petrol and diesel shortages, most civilian autos were converted (temporarily) to run on 'wood gas', just like this video is showing.

A large stove like drum was strapped to the back of trucks and some cars towed a small trailer carrying the equipment.

They ran perfectly well, and there's no reason why they couldn't again...especially if the governments and oil corporations keep raping us over fuel prices anyway.

The didn't just run on wood either, although wood was a primary fuel. Straw, hay, dried leaves, charcoal, waste paper and just about anything organic that contained hydrocarbons would work, although wood was prefered as it would burn longer and mean less refilling the chamber.

Heating water for steam power is also an alternative, although inherently more dangerous than 'wood gas' due to the pressures involved with steam driven turbines, and the dangers of explosions.

i love stuff like this it empowers people to live away from money grabbing corporations :flop: :flop:
ImageImage

Next