World to end on Saturday, say New York preachers

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 2:30 am » by Harbin

I would suggest that the prophecy was correct. Those that were ready to ascend did and the rest of us are still here in this illusion that IS our reality.
Just because nothing happened that we are aware of, does not mean that nothing happened.
Antiwar.com

Writer

PostMon May 23, 2011 2:37 am » by Spiritman

harbin wrote:I would suggest that the prophecy was correct. Those that were ready to ascend did and the rest of us are still here in this illusion that IS our reality.
Just because nothing happened that we are aware of, does not mean that nothing happened.

Good and Just point all we can do is to see if peoples are missing thanks for that....but i feel that i have being ready to ascend , why am i still here(hey guys watch the flames) lol :banana:

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 2:56 am » by Harbin

Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostMon May 23, 2011 2:59 am » by Mikemess

I know, am I really here but I'm not?

Initiate

PostMon May 23, 2011 3:08 am » by Ramseye

spiritman wrote:We have cried wolf and now when the true "Event" will happen we and maybe some of us here will be less inclined to believe...

This is exactly what I have been saying for some time now.

Even though I still believe that the '2012 event' will not happen in 2012, I do believe that it will eventually, and people will not pay attention after the fact because of the many false predictions.

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 3:17 am » by Harbin

mikemess wrote:I know, am I really here but I'm not?

Is this a rhetorical question ?
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 3:19 am » by 99socks

zaff4444 wrote:Im sure there is nothing about this type of rapture :bullshit: in the christian bible,if it is then i think its been misinterperated,also im 90% sure that theres an agenda by tptb to kill all religions.

:clapper:

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 3:22 am » by Harbin

When will you emerge from your chrysalis socks ?
Antiwar.com

Super Moderator

PostMon May 23, 2011 3:23 am » by Slith

Why is blood coming out of my pee? Well not really, but you said to ask a question aboot endtimes. Run for the fookin hills, we are all doomed. well except pindz cause he's riding on a bird running around the oxone layer looking for insects he can majestically imprint on our minds. Okay, carry on. Nuthin to see here!

Super Moderator

PostMon May 23, 2011 3:31 am » by Spock

Rapture verses

1 Corinthians 15: 50-52
50I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

55“Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”

Brief History of the Rapture
The term "Rapture" first became popular in the United States toward the end of the 19th century through the teachings on premillennialism and dipensationalism by John Nelson Darby, an Irish evangelist. The rapture theory continued to grow in popularity among evangelicals largely due to a preacher named William Eugene Blackstone (1841-1935). His book, Jesus is Coming, sold more than one million copies.
In the late 1960's and 1970's, during the Jesus Movement, the Rapture theory made its way into many popular secular songs such as Are You Ready? by Pacific Gas & Electric and In The Year 2525 by Zager and Evans.
The Rapture theory gained even greater interest during this time due to the books of Hal Lindsey. In The Late Great Planet Earth Lindsey predicted an imminent Rapture based on global conditions at the time.
In 1972 Russell S. Doughten produced a four-part movie series beginning with A Thief in the Night. The film recorded the events surrounding the Rapture in a terrifying way, creating widespread public interest in the theory.
In 1991 the film The Rapture, with Mimi Rogers was released. It recorded one woman's experience through the Rapture.
Currently, the very popular Christian book series, based on the events surrounding the Rapture is the Left Behind series, by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins.

Not All Christian Faiths Accept the Rapture Theory

Roman Catholics do not accept a Rapture theory. They believe the concept to be a confused understanding of the Second Coming of Christ.
Eastern Orthodox also reject the Rapture theory. From the beginning it has never been taught by any of their bishops.
Other mainline Protestant faiths and ministers have challenged the idea of the Rapture because of the inconsistencies and various interpretations of the previously noted Bible verses. Visit this page for a denominational comparison on end times doctrines.

Speculation About the Rapture

For those who believe in a future Rapture, it is regarded to be a sudden and cataclysmic event that will be unlike any other phenomenon in history. Millions of people will disappear from the Earth without warning. As a result, tragic and unexplained accidents will occur on a wide scale basis, ushering in the tribulation period. Many speculate that the non-believers left behind who may have known of the Rapture theory, yet previously rejected it, will finally come to belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as a result of the Rapture. Others left behind will remain in unbelief, finding theories to "explain away" the bizarre event.

It's not a point to argue, it is interesting to ponder, but whether or not these verses or others refer to an actual event is irrelevant in the scheme of things.

PreviousNext