Would a pole Shift cause world wide Amnesia??

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostThu Jan 06, 2011 11:30 pm » by Savwafair2012

Pole Shift and Permanent Amnesia
Ok. So assuming you make it through all the proposed cataclysmic events: loss of the electric power grid, radiation and what have you... There is still the final hurdle (assuming you don't somehow think you will be teleported to a New Earth or that matter is going to change - two proposed theories). The final hurdle is permanent or temporary memory loss, not just short term but LONG TERM. There is plenty of evidence that low intensity electromagnetic energy causes long term AND short term memory loss that can and often is permanent. I mean, we're talking about having our brain waves scrambled for at least a short period of time by a weakened terrestrial magnetic field and God only knows what a magnetic pole flip will do to our brain wiring!

We are looking at a global memory wipe. A true scenario of hitting the reset button.

The memory loss will probably be preceded by a mass fit of epilepsy and loss of conscious control over the nervous system (so you can forget about swimming). When all is said and done, should you survive, you will likely come to your senses to find you have no memory of anything: your name, how to speak, read, or write your language, what that funny box with a clear front is that is sitting in front of you, etc.

The power will be down, communications will be down, etc. People that have guns will probably accidentally shoot themselves with them while trying to figure out what they are. New Age gurus will likely burn their houses to the ground playing with their lit candles. Loads of people will die just being inquisitive!

Everything will still be here, but no one will know what to do with any of it. Books will look like worthless gibberish and most won't have a clue how to find food as no one will know how to make the frankenfood.

The world will be filled with angry toddlers with nuclear weapons that can still function thanks to the brilliant efforts of the nuclear powers of the earth! The joke of pushing the red button ("what's this button do?") could literally become a reality!

So, assuming you make it through the magnetic pole shift, and you survive the first year afterwards where most of the population will die from starvation, curiosity, stupidity, and fighting you'll still need to relearn EVERYTHING.

Here's what you do. You have to prepare now to be able to teach yourself later everything that you lost cause all of those skills you had and all of that knowledge - GONE.

You might want to save volumes upon volumes of extremely valuable information in digital format on an SD card or a hard drive or something. Then you take that hard drive or SD card and shield it from electromagnetic energy and also place it (with that shield) encased in thick or some other safe box that will protect it for hundreds of years if need be. This is not for you, but for future generations. You will be passing this down along with knowledge as you will likely not have time to relearn everything, take care of your daily needs, learn to build a computer, and learn to create power for the unit.

Next you want to have some books kept aside in safe keeping. You want them to contain a lot of important information. These are for later on as well, but these are for you.

Then you want to have some childrens books handy. The more pictures the better. This is because you are going to have to relearn your language so you can understand all that information you are saving. You want some books for really little kids here and then a few to help you progress to a higher reading level.

Next you want some flash cards with simple words on them and some pictures. You might also want math flash cards as well if you plan on saving formulas for future use.

The next thing you want is just plain picture books. No words, just pictures that tell a story. You may even want to include a self-made picture book that explains to you what happened and what everything used to be like. You may also want to include warnings for yourself such as to not burn your books, try to drive a car, play with guns, drink bleach, etc. I'm not kidding! No one will know you shouldn't do these things. You will want to be careful of the impression you give from such pictures though, as you may end up worshiping your books or become so scared of them you throw them in a fire depending on what sort of picture you draw to warn yourself.

Finally, you will want to get your hands on an old school SEE-AND-SAY. One of the ones that works with a record and not a tape or anything. Just an old fashioned one with a record and a pull string. This is for teaching yourself the alphabet. You may also want an alphabet chart to look at.

If you do this, then after all of TSHTF and it's all over with the first thing you will do in your new life is pick up that funny looking piece of plastic lying in front of you with all the pretty bright colors, and you'll pull the string on it and hear, "A is for Apple - A."

:peep:
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostThu Jan 06, 2011 11:37 pm » by Savvymalloy

Hmmm... Sounds supisciously like an old Manga I read years and years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Wind_Named_Amnesia

A Wind Named Amnesia​ (風の名はアムネジア, Kaze no Na wa Amunejia?), also known as Wind of Amnesia in the United Kingdom, is a Japanese novel authored by Hideyuki Kikuchi, originally published in 1983 by Asahi Sonorama. An anime film adaptation was released theatrically on December 22, 1990, directed by Kazuo Yamazaki.

Story

The Apocalypse didn't come with a bang, but with a whimper. Silently, the amnesia wind swept away all of mankind's knowledge. Thousands of years of human civilization vanished overnight as people forgot how to use the tools of modern civilization - who they were - how to speak - everything. Technology decayed as mankind was reduced to level of cavemen.

Now, two years later, a young man explores a nation reduced to barbarism - America. Miraculously re-educated after the cataclysm, he is accompanied by a young woman - somehow spared the obliterating effects of the amnesia wind. Pursued by a relentless killing machine, they search for those responsible for stealing their memories.

Heres a linke to the anime version if your interested it's a good watch :flop:

http://hsbsitez.com/anime-downloads/2228/A+Wind+Named+Amnesia
Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚ Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚ Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚

H҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘Ȅ̐̑̒̚̕̚ IS C̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̚̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚OMI҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘NG > ͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ͡҉҉

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 06, 2011 11:41 pm » by Svaha

It would be a good thing, we can remember who we are then.
It really is no big thing loosing the memory of who you think you are, you can function without that very well, very peaceful.
You can't forget how to drive a car or so, because this is something you do.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostFri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 am » by Stratosfear

Sounds like more fear-mongering :badair: :bullshit: to me.
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"

Initiate

PostFri Jan 07, 2011 12:16 am » by Samael

All those books and movies I watched...
I can finally watch/read them all again and be surprised like the very first time!
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 am » by E6722maj

can't remember

:alien:
whatever

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostWed Mar 23, 2011 8:59 pm » by Savwafair2012

:flop:
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:30 pm
Bump
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostWed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 pm » by Samael

I sincerely hope this happens.
This is the most ridiculous possibility.
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Initiate

PostWed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 pm » by FullDisclosure

Do people who step inside a fully enclosed metal box lose their minds?

What about the multitude of artificial electromagnetic fields people are exposed to 24 hours a day 7 days a week?

I believe we would have seen real evidence of "magnetic memory" long ago if things worked that way.

I try not to troll, but sometimes people just fucking deserve it.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 pm » by Evildweeb

I don't believe such a shift would cause that, cause if it did we would be running around lost like the birds are now.

Oooops, we are.

Now WHY did I come in here again? ...........................

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Next