Would you kill your own child if God ordered you to?

PostTue May 18, 2010 10:05 am » by Lazylightning

The bible consists of stories written by man and just like any other story authored by humans, the inherent value of the story of Abraham is subjective to the reader. Personally i think its value is shit, but that's just me.

This has however reminded me of a (imo of course) much better story concerning the op's question. Has anyone ever seen Pan's Labyrinth? This is the final scene which I think works fine on its own even if you haven't seen the whole movie.

Upload to Disclose.tv

(my) answer to the op's question btw:

Upload to Disclose.tv

"Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me."

jetxvii

PostTue May 18, 2010 8:17 pm » by jetxvii

lazylightning wrote:The bible consists of stories written by man and just like any other story authored by humans, the inherent value of the story of Abraham is subjective to the reader. Personally i think its value is shit, but that's just me.

This has however reminded me of a (imo of course) much better story concerning the op's question. Has anyone ever seen Pan's Labyrinth? This is the final scene which I think works fine on its own even if you haven't seen the whole movie.

Upload to Disclose.tv

(my) answer to the op's question btw:

Upload to Disclose.tv

"Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me."

Yes I have seen Pans Labyrinth and I thought it was a very good and epic movie.

certainly not the Muppet movie that it looks like, I was surprised at how bloody and violent the movie was but also how amazing the story was and how it tied in with what people perceive as "life"...

awesome rage song.

Conspirator

PostTue May 18, 2010 8:27 pm » by Malogg

NO NO NO HOW FN SICK
God would never do that so most likely the message was from a demon not God
Do the world a favor and kill yourself asshole. Kill yourself and stop wasting our air. ~ *WillEase* LARGO

Initiate

PostTue May 18, 2010 9:27 pm » by Aquarius

Actually, it was the Devil and God trying to out do eachother. As the Devil questioned God's authority, he wanted God to prove that man wouldn't question his authority also.

So God commanded Jacob to kill his son. Luckily for God, Jacob was a complete nut, you know like the ones that kill all their children and say God told them to do it. The Devil didn't know this however, but he did not care, he wanted to instill the sin of pride in God. God fell for the trap and made Jacob burn his son to death. So God won the bet, but essentially this story has been told for centuries and almost everyone that has heard it has questioned Gods authority. Hence the deviousness of the Devil, making God sin and giving man that little nudge in his favor. Smart fucker. :twisted:
God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh

Writer

PostTue May 18, 2010 9:39 pm » by Ramondelft

This would/will never be asked by God,this is made up by people who believe this sadistic book called the bible!
That's inhumane!!!

Conspirator

PostTue May 18, 2010 10:02 pm » by Mochon

jetxvii wrote:
telocvovim wrote:i would never do that...

i would kill the one who asks me this....

but...

i often wondered about that special story of abraham.... and i tried to understand him...

he was so into god.... he would have cut his sons throat...

i never came to a solution that satisfied me...

thank god i dont have to make that decision....

or perhaps coming from a non believers side:

1. Abraham and his story was fake.

2. Abraham if he did exist was a crazy maniac, like all the other women and men that kill in the name of GOD because they have unresolved mental or drug problems.

and to answer the question:

No I wouldn't do some stupid shit like that, it seems like story that was added to the bible to make people have an iron belief in the bible and make them worship a biblical god over there own REAL flesh and blood.

anyone who would consider killing there children or anyone in the name of GOD is just as crazy as the Geoffrey Dahmer and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

Maybe that was the whole point,making peoples faith so deep,being into god,like you said,that they would do anything for it...well seems like lot of us r running wild and AWAKE from the lie...gives me a good feeling...

Conspirator

PostTue May 18, 2010 10:16 pm » by Svaha

mediasorcerer wrote:yeh,its about cutting the bond,to become a man/woman,otherwise you stay dependent on your parents for your whole life,comes a time when you gotta stand up,and be your own person,
the real creator spirit would not ask anyone to kill there child,the god in the bible that did this to abraham,was not the creator spirit or the source/all/gaia,etc etc,it was something else speaking in abrahams head that day,
children are sacred,all children.we must protect them,they are the future.ps how are you svah buddy,nice to hear from you here too,regs ms.ps you always got good things to say,you inspire me big time,i respect your self control,i skitz out here now and then,just passionate tho,i always bak down if i think ive been rash or wrong,

Thank you my friend, I feel good.
There is nothing wrong with passion, to me it is one of the strongest emotions, energy in motion. The moment 'you' can take responsibility for an emotion without throwing it at somebody else, that moment the energy is 'yours' again. Allow yourself to be mad or sad or whatever, just let it flow.
100% passion is what a child experiences, what an adult can rediscover.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 5:12 pm » by Nik418

No and I hope someone would have the intelligence to have me restrained and sectioned you bloody idiot.

'How come we don't have prophets like Moses and Noah these days whom God talks to directly?'
'We do - they're called Paranoid Schizophrenics'

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 5:29 pm » by Icarus1

no i would kill god
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Initiate

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 7:27 pm » by Blaborde1488

NO GODS / NO MASTERS

PreviousNext