Wow! Iphone 5 prototype leaked video!

Initiate

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:07 pm » by Alex81

I readed in one of russian news website, that this prototype has been stolen... Trying to find some english sources.
Last edited by Alex81 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:08 pm » by Smokeydog

those keyboards are real btw u can buy them for the pc there crap though
http://www.virtual-laser-devices.com/

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:10 pm » by Mrmcnuggets

And why could it not be real? Apple has managed to fit 100 gigs into something smaller than a wallet. At that rate of electronic manufacture, anything is possible. Just depends on when THEY want to release it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:12 pm » by Alex81

smokeydog wrote:those keyboards are real btw u can buy them for the pc there crap though
http://www.virtual-laser-devices.com/

Upload to Disclose.tv

This is cool... Possible that this i5 prototype could be real then.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:13 pm » by Endless16

If that's real, that's insane. :nails:
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 pm » by Hackjames

svaha wrote:I saw it on the Ted show a long time ago, and Apple has a patent for holographic displays : http://www.psfk.com/2011/01/apple-devel ... plays.html

Yeah, lot's of companies have them now, except they are more commonly referred to as 3D displays. You've seen them before, they're in hand-held gaming systems. They're not actually that advanced, really...it's similar to the printed images that change as your viewing angle does.

The video shows a volumetric hologram (and a perfect one, at that), not a traditional display.

@mcnuggets

One has nothing to do with the other (gigs/size vs. hologram). I'd also like to point out that not everything is actually possible, though I appreciate the optimism in that statement.

@alex

Yep, the "lightboard" is a real thing, there are several products in development right now that I'm aware of that plan on making use of them.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:23 pm » by Alex81

I wonder how all the technology that we seen in scifi movies of 70-80's, become true... As i remember holographic display first showed in star wars...

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:31 pm » by Mrmcnuggets

No gigs do not have much to do with holograms other than it's operating system. If apple has managed to condense what use to be a whole building as functional as a calculator, into a handheld device with more smarts and application than that of the average man, it is not impossible to say that once the hologram tech is out that it couldn't be in something of that size.

I never said it was real, though it indeed could be.

Also, to my knowledge the more a computer needs to do, the more gigs and ram it will need to have for the proper thought, and realization on how to do such action with little to no error.

The army has holographic devices that will be in service soon to display a combat Zone, off of that troops device while in the combat zone. Showing all proper "team" indications.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:34 pm » by Dmtwelve

Neato, reminds me of the Mozilla Seabird prototype, which personally I find more impressive if it ever actually comes to fruition.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLMq0pyJ_lM[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLMq0pyJ_lM
Also this trend in making electronics as small and thin as possible is getting quite annoying, I want something that I can actually hold, not a playing card that I would be worried about dropping or snapping in half every time I use it.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 pm » by SUKHOV

mrmcnuggets wrote:No gigs do not have much to do with holograms other than it's operating system. If apple has managed to condense what use to be a whole building as functional as a calculator, into a handheld device with more smarts and application than that of the average man, it is not impossible to say that once the hologram tech is out that it couldn't be in something of that size.

I never said it was real, though it indeed could be.

Also, to my knowledge the more a computer needs to do, the more gigs and ram it will need to have for the proper thought, and realization on how to do such action with little to no error.

The army has holographic devices that will be in service soon to display a combat Zone, off of that troops device while in the combat zone. Showing all proper "team" indications.

so true man. The iphone is more powerful than a 70's era NASA supercomputer. Holo tech is making its way, and you're right
it depends on when they want to release it.
they have price points to think about, usability, practicality and such.
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

PreviousNext