WTF is "Spirituality"?

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 10:03 pm » by Otomon

Yo I see lots of folks throwing down the words "spirituality" but wtf does it actually mean? Folks cant seem to come to an agreement of what it implies...

What do those words mean to you, and how do they affect how you interact with the world as opposed as someone atheist like me?

Thanks.
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 10:12 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

You wont find an agreement methinks

Spirituality means something different to everyone. For some, it's about participating in organized religion: going to church, synagogue, a mosque, etc. For others, it's more personal: Some people get in touch with their spiritual side through private prayer, yoga, meditation, quiet reflection, or even long walks.
As the brain processes sensory experiences, we naturally look for patterns, and then seek out meaning in those patterns. And the phenomenon known as "cognitive dissonance" shows that once we believe in something, we will try to explain away anything that conflicts with it.

:think: :cheers:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 10:31 pm » by Harbin

I've been trying to figure that out for some time and still have no good answer. I will say that back in the day when a girl told me she was 'spiritual', it usually meant she was an easy lay. Times and styles change tho... ;)
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 10:37 pm » by Thebluecanary

I don't have a non-pat answer, Otto. I agree that it's different for everyone, and also changeable.

Harbin's answer+Labor Day Drinkie-Poos made me snort beer up my nose, though, which was pretty hilarious.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 10:52 pm » by Otomon

Harbin wrote:I've been trying to figure that out for some time and still have no good answer. I will say that back in the day when a girl told me she was 'spiritual', it usually meant she was an easy lay. Times and styles change tho... ;)

That is still accurate :flop:
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Initiate

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 11:06 pm » by Baboogdi

It is the area of understanding/belief/hope that there is something larger to us all. That what is accumulated via the senses does not represent the true nature of reality. Spiritual knowledge can be garnered via religion, meditation, reflection, or perhaps instinctive awareness that one is born with. It implies that true knowledge of true reality is not acquired through the physical senses. Perhaps one could say that physical reality is the antithesis of spirituality.

Writer

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 12:39 am » by Rachelwordsmith

It's a form of self delusion or wishful thinking-- it isn't real folks. May as well ask if Zeus has hairy balls.

Initiate

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 1:53 am » by Nelusmc

There are two ways you can be woken spiritually Through God or the opposite. Every person has a soul and spirit. The spirit is dormant. Therefor the body can sense only to a degree the spirit realm. When you are born in spirit By the spirit of God you become very sensitive to the spiritual realm that is being born again. A person gets to experience God's presence that is within and around you. People say that we live in a matrix they are correct. This is a school ground in order for people to become children of God. If a soul attaches itself to matter it is death. If a soul attaches itself to the spirit that is within and resemble God you become a child of God not of the world. A parable A tree and in the tree there is a fruit and in that fruit there is a seed. What happens when the seed hits the ground? It grows until it has become a tree that resembles that main tree. The tree is God as his image we are the fruit within us is a spirit that is the seed. If an individual seeks god and his teaching of loving god above all and your neighbor as yourself that is the basics of his teaching. And having a closeness with him through humility and letting go of matter within your soul. Then like Jesus said me and the father are one. Everyone can be one with God and be children of God. But it is challenge and a struggle. That is my way of seeing things due to my experiences as well as my seeking for truth.

Initiate

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 2:01 am » by Rkobilan

I like your response Nelusmc.

My response was going to be What is the Spirit? However, you've summed it up pretty well.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 3:02 am » by Evildweeb

Spirituality is a definition in terms of a persons capability to understand the reality of this world.

Believe what you may.

Many of us are spiritual. That does not imply we go to church, suck the God phallus, or blindly believe in angels or demons.

We believe in a universe that we exist in and that we are not alone or are left alone. That we have a responsibility to the rest of the human race to see to it that you understand your spirituality and are not deceived by a philosophy that sees to it you never move forward.

You wanna be spiritual? Then do so.

Just be sure you know WTF you are talking about.

:cheers:

The Book of Man
http://vimeo.com/album/2701770

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook