WTF religious people

Master Conspirator

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:49 am » by Lowsix

cloud7787 wrote:
dusty1969 wrote:Religion is of God, not of man. When a man tries to tell you how to be religious, you need to be skeptical of that man, because he is trying to be God.

God is benevolent, he loves you no matter what. Don't let anyone tell you different man.

And I'm sure God's been sending you a bunch of messages lately huh? Guess who tells you the Bible is of God?...a man! Guess who wrote the Bible?...men!... Guess who wrote that it's inspired by God?...what do you know?...men!!

Stop being a "faithful" douchebag and spouting crap like you actually know what you're talking about. And don't pretend you know what he wants either.. pastors, preachers, friends, family, a book....none of them are your "God". And unless you want to claim getting personal messages from the "Alpha and Omega" of the Bible... then I'd cut the crap.

And through all that, I'm not saying you're a bad person or that you don't have good intentions. I'm just sick of the religiosity.

Almost as sick as i am about some really super fucking angry people,
screaming and yelling about how much the idea of a god,
or creative principle pisses them off. Its hilariously ridiculous, for no other reason thn your self absorbed, and all wise pronouncements of what CANT be real for other people beuase its not real for YOU. That truly is ridiculous, and says more about you, than it does about them..

Kinda like a drunk made at me for not drinking, or a musically untalented person mad that i can play the guitar..or perhaps, an angry person mad at me for having some peace in my life..

Its really clear your cosmic, humanistic, atheistic answers
have provided you a pool of peace and wisdom to draw from i guess.

The irony isn't lost on me AT ALL...
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:51 am » by Maniaco

dusty1969 wrote:Religion is of God, not of man. When a man tries to tell you how to be religious, you need to be skeptical of that man, because he is trying to be God.

God is benevolent, he loves you no matter what. Don't let anyone tell you different man.

Thank you Dusty

Initiate

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:55 am » by Swordofthelord

I believe so many Christians are so unlike Christ because Christianity has been distorted so much by man. If youre reading the Bible, youre more than likely reading King James' version. Also, it appears that what is taught in church is that you can do whatever evil shit you want, so long as you just ask forgiveness afterward. Thats why so many people claim Christianity. Its easy! I believe the teachings of Jesus are the most important and only relevant thing in the Bible. Live selflessly. Do not live just to please your body with material possessions. There is much more to the universe than what you can perceive with your senses. Where are the thoughts in your head? you can visualize images in your head, yet you cannot see them. You cannot see God, sure, but you cannot see your consciousness either, so how do you know it is there? Can you not feel positive healing energy when you are in nature? Do you not sense a life force in all living things? How do you know when someone is angry if you walk into a room without even talking to or looking at them? I can. I believe that all religions are similar in their practice. Only the details of origin and shit like that differ. Calm your mind, and live selflessly.

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:58 am » by Tinman4higher

Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 4:01 am » by cloud7787

LowSix wrote:
cloud7787 wrote:

And I'm sure God's been sending you a bunch of messages lately huh? Guess who tells you the Bible is of God?...a man! Guess who wrote the Bible?...men!... Guess who wrote that it's inspired by God?...what do you know?...men!!

Stop being a "faithful" douchebag and spouting crap like you actually know what you're talking about. And don't pretend you know what he wants either.. pastors, preachers, friends, family, a book....none of them are your "God". And unless you want to claim getting personal messages from the "Alpha and Omega" of the Bible... then I'd cut the crap.

And through all that, I'm not saying you're a bad person or that you don't have good intentions. I'm just sick of the religiosity.

Almost as sick as i am about some really super fucking angry people,
screaming and yelling about how much the idea of a god,
or creative principle pisses them off. Its hilariously ridiculous, for no other reason thn your self absorbed, and all wise pronouncements of what CANT be real for other people beuase its not real for YOU. That truly is ridiculous, and says more about you, than it does about them..

Kinda like a drunk made at me for not drinking, or a musically untalented person mad that i can play the guitar..or perhaps, an angry person mad at me for having some peace in my life..

Its really clear your cosmic, humanistic, atheistic answers
have provided you a pool of peace and wisdom to draw from i guess.

The irony isn't lost on me AT ALL...

Actually, it's not at all even close to what you're talking about. I'm not any of the things you'd like me to be for your lovely comeback (cosmic, humanist, atheist). I just got excited at the idea of shoving my opinion out here like everyone else does.. which is actually a first for me. I've been holding back for awhile haha. I just thought I'd lower myself to some fun anger for a minute to get my point across.

Anyone that's gonna throw out such a dumbass "all knowing" statement like "Religion is of God, not of man.".....is a fuckin' tool. That's it. The only way you could honestly know, in Christianity, if "Religion is of God'....is if He spoke to you personally. And since that's not happenin'...don't make such a stupid statement.

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 4:07 am » by Maniaco

tinman4higher wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

George Carlin is the shit........RIP

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 4:13 am » by Tinman4higher

How is it that we are so far from the truth that people with fucked ideas like santa claus and god command such power in our society? Surely at some point rational people will stand up and say enough is enough.No fucking more.Surely there are people at the helm of society that are able. Why aren't these able people willing to stand up and stop this mess.THERE IS NO GOD AS WE UNDERSTAND IT. How is this still being discussed? It is certainly absurd.

It really isn't December.- December is only a concept. When you understand this you will understand how religion is also a concept....
Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Initiate

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 4:19 am » by Swordofthelord

I believe the original question was "Why are so many Christians unlike Christ?" This is not debating whether God is real or not. If it is what youre debating, then youve lost credibility with me because youre obviously too much of a dumbass to understand the question.

Ok, fuck it. Thats where this thread is going. I just wanted to hear people's opinions on the question at hand.
Last edited by Swordofthelord on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 4:19 am » by Agentzen

Well, time to throw my piece into this as this is one of my favorite topics. To me there is nothing that can be done to justify the existence of any religion, and the only reason it is so frustrating to deal religious folks is because of how blindly hypocritical they are.

"I am a great person. I live through god in all of the things I do, and I have a personal relationship with jesus christ, but you are going to hell for not believing in the same thing I do." Sound familiar to any of you? Its disgusting that people think they are justified in acting this way.

But lets get in deeper on this. People that modify christianity in any way for it to fit their specific needs are not christian. They are simply just theists, they believe in a concious god. If you dont believe that I am going to hell, if you dont follow the lessons, and actions that are to be made directly, literally, and specifically from your bible, then you are not christian, you are simply just someone that believes in a merciful concious god. Its perfectly fine to believe in jesus, its perfectly fine to believe in god, but to let someone else tell you what that is is just bullshit.

Live your own spirituality, live by your own rule. Be moral, good people, and you will have nothing to worry about, and in the meantime, know that my god is the only real true god. Just joking, lol. I dont believe in god!!

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 4:21 am » by Maniaco

swordofthelord wrote:I believe the original question was "Why are so many Christians unlike Christ?" This is not debating whether God is real or not. If it is what youre debating, then youve lost credibility with me because youre obviously too much of a dumbass to understand the question.

You took the words right out of my mouth or fingers in this case.

PreviousNext