WTF religious people

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 11:30 am » by cloud7787

dusty1969 wrote:@cloud7787

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." -James 1:27

That was the verse I was referring to when I made my post. If I had any idea that my words would have caused you so much pain, I would have been much more careful about the way I wrote them. You see, people don't always write, think, or talk like you, so you need to have an open mind to what they might be saying. If you think a person may be saying something offensive to you, then maybe you should take a moment and clarify. Flying off the handle and chastising me for giving advise to someone, (who I might add was not you), is simply not very mature.

Religion is a personal experience, and if it is causing you stress, as it was the case in the original post, then it is time to step back and search for your own meaning. If you anyone tries to tell you what that meaning is, then they are not serving you, but themselves.

It is a kind thing to help someone find religion, it is an evil thing to tell them what it is. In my opinion.

You don't know me Cloud, you don't know anything about me. If you want to go spitting your mindless venom at someone, do it it elsewhere, and one more thing...Fuck Off!

I'd really rather not fuck off.. not now at least. Maybe later. Good points bloke!
And you're completely right. I don't know you.
Its been a wonderful conversation. Cheers! :mrcool:

"Now, :D lets all play nice around the pool!" 'clap clap'

Master Conspirator

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 11:49 am » by Drjones

maniaco wrote:Why are Chirstians so unlike Christ? That goes for many religions. All or at least most religions preach forgiveness and to be non judgemental.... WTF......I just had a pastor tell me I needed to leave my Girlfriend because we live together but are not married.....WTF....If God all mighty can forgive me and understand my situation so why cant he......WTF

I don't have a problem with people's beliefs aslong as it is truly loving and peaceful,but the ones i have encountered they try to force their beliefs on you,they cannot ever admit that they maybe wrong about ANYTHING really.It's definetely a control thing,it's a club.We don't need to be in any religion to have a realationship with god,whatever that maybe. :sunny:

Initiate

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 12:52 pm » by Uknowthetruth

isnt believing something actually just being naive and simply hoping for something i mean its not like belief is based on facts what so ever that is why its called believing... why believe in something why not just simply know about something or not know.. (and no one knows god exists thats because they believe he exists u cannot know an believe the same thing )
and another thing beliefs are used for power and i have the number one example..
democracy or however its written ... why is there a cristian party... ill tell u why... because they will get votes no matter what cuz evrey god damn cristian is gonna vote for em because they believe in god.... now aint that convenient??? :bang;
politics and belief shouldnt be combined simply cuz there are so many nutjobs that will just blindly vote for their belief no matter what....

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 2:04 pm » by Wackyal123

Really weird... Just read your post/replies and a work mate came in saying that he had just been asked whether he believed in God when he was on a cigarette break. Kinda made me want to reply myself.

I was brought up as a Christian and through my mid teens and then early 20s had a strong belief. Experience and research has led me to totally different conclusions.

The world is a big place. 6, nearly 7 billion people big. The galaxy is bigger... 100bn stars approximately.. the universe is bigger still. Say 100bn known galaxies? That makes us rather insignificant... or does it? We are still all alive and are influencing the universe (granted not all positively). Every day, science is telling us new things that it is disproving moving us closer to understanding our place in this universe. We speculate about the largest things in the universe (Black holes, dark matter, supergiants) and the smallest things also (superstrings, hadrons etc). And despite this... I am convinced that we know fuck all about what is going on.

I see patterns everywhere I go and I certainly don't claim to know. But look at it this way. We are born, we live, we die. We each have a purpose or job to do on this planet. I don't mean cosmologically. I mean a literal job. We get up, go to work, recharge at lunch, do more work, go home, recharge, get up, go to work etc... Every day. Eventually, we wear out and are forced to die. Our cells do the same! They recharge, do their job, recharge, do their job. Blood cells in particular are like humans in the way they move around the body. Planets and stars are the same! (Can't be bothered to explain but think about the core/pole shifts/sunspot periods. EVERYTHING in the universe seems patterned to work a certain way.

You can either believe that this is pre-planned or not. If you believe in God, then you believe he did it all... if you believe in darwinism, you believe it is how the universe works. It doesn't need a creator. Either way... you get the same questions. Where did it come from? Atheists ask, "if God created it... who created God" and Christians argue, "God didn't need a creator, he has always been around", atheists respond, "So couldn't the universe have always been around?"

Ok... (i'm just having to write this all down to sort out my ideas.. hope that is ok :D )
So if we assume we don't know much about the universe as it is so vast and we assume that EITHER the universe has been around in some form or another forever OR God created it... then I come to the conclusion that it is probably 99.99999% likely that there is a God of sorts (either having been there forever, or in the infinity of the universe, has existed a bloody long time!) There is also the other option of another being existing in another dimension/universe where time doesn't exists and he/it created the universe. Does he have to be a man in the clouds with a beard constantly checking on us? Of course not. God could be a force without intelligence. He could also be a sentient being. He could be a particle or an alien.

Now in our infancy, we are exploring other ideas such as string theory, multiverses etc. If we don't understand our own universe, then you can guarantee we don't understand OTHER universes. So couldn't it be possible that a being could exist in a universe without time? Time is merely a man made idea to explain something that is observable anyway. What if in another universe time wasn't observable as it didn't exist? What if that species then created another universe in some experiment (ala LHC) and were like... "WHOA! Look! What is that going on there? Things are existing then ceasing to exist! I wonder if life can exist in that kind of spacial dimension. Lets see!!"

Surely this explanation would satisfy most areas... Religions would have their "God who is everywhere and has existed forever". Conspiracy theorists would have their "Aliens created us" theory, scientists would have a bunch more questions but would also have the "universe from another universe" theory.

As for the Dogma side of it... who knows. Jesus likely existed. He may have had powers that we can't understand. It is probable that Christianity took aspects of other religions to cover up his humanity AND to win the approval of people who had other beliefs. Whatever he had to say, he clearly influenced lots of people and made his mark on the world. His "Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you" schpiel says it all. Imagine a world where EVERYONE was like that. Regardless of whether you believe in God or not... Jesus was a pretty safe guy and a world like that would be amazing!

We are the problem. Not the idea of God, not Jesus, not Moses etc... we are. We take ideas and try to tailor them. Just like we do with the earth.

Anyway... i don't really know what i'm talking about. I just love the idea of God being something we don't understand... similarly Jesus too. I don't go to church, i don't preach my ideas. I just think, hey... i'm not an asshole. I sin (according to Christianity)... i'm flawed. So sue me! I don't hurt others purposely. (And God as an Alien? AWESOME! Why not... makes more sense than a beardy guy in the clouds!)

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 8:11 pm » by Maniaco

I dont want people to think that I dont believe in a higher power. I do........Its just the people running the show at most churches are straight up evil.

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 pm » by Realorfake

swordofthelord wrote:
realorfake wrote:This topic is quite a coincidence, I almost got fired from work this week because of southern mother fuckin babtists...why?

Because my Christian owners (owners of a company 140 strong) had HR forward an email for First Priority asking for donations to help promote Christianity in public schools. Mean while, when I clicked on the website, one of those who belong was quoted as saying "I love coming here after a day of brainwashing" When I received this email I forwarded to a friend OUTSIDE of work and said "see, this is what I'm talking about" THATS ALL.

Well my friends response contained a swear, which was flagged by our IT and of course it was sent to all 3 owners. Needless to say I found myself in a corner babbling about how I believe in God using the fact that my father's a church organist as evidence to my belief in the church and Christ himself.

Its FUCKING BULLSHIT to the max.

Go check it out, and I urge you to donate your support. Especially after a full day of brainwashing here at DTV...

http://www.firstpriority.cc/index.php

Maybe try doing your job rather than forwarding 'waste of time' emails? Id fire your dumbass if i caught you wasting time on the clock. You think you arent indispensible or something? Youre lucky they were forgiving enough to let you stay. I seriously doubt they believed your bullshit excuse, which you had to make because you dont have the balls to tell the truth. They prob just didnt want to deal with hiring and training a new employee.

@ LowSix: i concur

lol wasting time at work? forwarding an email is a waste of time?...

well FUCK man, take my advice, NEVER start your own business...you'd hire and fire 50 people before yur business even saw its first profit ...you're better suited to become a pastor...lets see: whiney? check, intolerant? check, angry? check, unstable? check, closeted homesexual? check...see, go become a pastor..its your calling...

and btw, I make my company over a million dollars a year, they'd probably never fire me. But with Christians, ya just never know. They'd probably toss a million dollars to the wind just to replace someone who doesnt follow their beliefs...wouldnt surprise...

suckmabalz

aaaaaand just so you know, the million dollar thing aint a lie...

I'm an E&S broker, my book sits roughly around 500k in premium a month, carrier's commission is 15-20% (industry standard) sooo, lets see 500k x 12 = 6 mil x 0.2 ah yes....1.2 million is the commish...

but I get it man, I'm totally dispensible...God before $$ lol yea fuckin right....
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 pm » by Flecktarn

god,jesus,allah,budda,satan,etc are all ok
its there bloody fan clubs that piss me off ,
my gods better than your god ,,,grow up and get a propper life
ImageImage

Initiate

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 9:53 pm » by Swordofthelord

realorfake wrote:
swordofthelord wrote:
realorfake wrote:This topic is quite a coincidence, I almost got fired from work this week because of southern mother fuckin babtists...why?

Because my Christian owners (owners of a company 140 strong) had HR forward an email for First Priority asking for donations to help promote Christianity in public schools. Mean while, when I clicked on the website, one of those who belong was quoted as saying "I love coming here after a day of brainwashing" When I received this email I forwarded to a friend OUTSIDE of work and said "see, this is what I'm talking about" THATS ALL.

Well my friends response contained a swear, which was flagged by our IT and of course it was sent to all 3 owners. Needless to say I found myself in a corner babbling about how I believe in God using the fact that my father's a church organist as evidence to my belief in the church and Christ himself.

Its FUCKING BULLSHIT to the max.

Go check it out, and I urge you to donate your support. Especially after a full day of brainwashing here at DTV...

http://www.firstpriority.cc/index.php

Maybe try doing your job rather than forwarding 'waste of time' emails? Id fire your dumbass if i caught you wasting time on the clock. You think you arent indispensible or something? Youre lucky they were forgiving enough to let you stay. I seriously doubt they believed your bullshit excuse, which you had to make because you dont have the balls to tell the truth. They prob just didnt want to deal with hiring and training a new employee.

@ LowSix: i concur

lol wasting time at work? forwarding an email is a waste of time?...

well FUCK man, take my advice, NEVER start your own business...you'd hire and fire 50 people before yur business even saw its first profit ...you're better suited to become a pastor...lets see: whiney? check, intolerant? check, angry? check, unstable? check, closeted homesexual? check...see, go become a pastor..its your calling...

and btw, I make my company over a million dollars a year, they'd probably never fire me. But with Christians, ya just never know. They'd probably toss a million dollars to the wind just to replace someone who doesnt follow their beliefs...wouldnt surprise...

suckmabalz

aaaaaand just so you know, the million dollar thing aint a lie...

I'm an E&S broker, my book sits roughly around 500k in premium a month, carrier's commission is 15-20% (industry standard) sooo, lets see 500k x 12 = 6 mil x 0.2 ah yes....1.2 million is the commish...

but I get it man, I'm totally dispensible...God before $$ lol yea fuckin right....

I love you.

Initiate

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 10:07 pm » by Winehippie

am a survivor of 12 yrs of catholic school & church (indoctrination)

somehow i sensed halfway thru that all religions had at
their center the golden rule, or at least that is what they purported
so i never really understood why we needed so many variations

well... humans distort much: money, power and greed seem
to be the motivators

how many people do you know who actually "do unto others"?
i try, but it's really hard...
but i keep on trying and have no desire to belong to any
"organized" religion

if i had a choice, i would be indian (american) or perhaps buddhist
... because something is happening here,
but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones?

Writer

PostTue Sep 08, 2009 12:46 am » by Toxsick

LowSix wrote:Never and always are completely inappropriate superlatives.

Dont hate religion, (or at least what it stands for)
because of the people that are doing it wrong.

Your gut has it right, go by that and dont rely on other people
to interpret it for you..read whatever books a religion has to offer,
look at a lot of them, and MOST IMPORTANTLY..(and i mean this)

PLEASE PLEASE
Read Joseph Campbell.
he puts it ALL in perspective..
without speaking FOR any religion,
but speaking TO all of them.

THAT is one guy who gets what its about..
and gets past the crap that everyone gets wrong about their religions..
and shows what makes almost all of them the same..

which is the only way to see its relevance,
instead of these silly doctrines, and specific rules,
and stuff like what that pastor said..

The CORE...which is basically eliminating the fear of death,
becoming a positive mechanic for humanity
and a way to give something of yourself to others.

The rest is just spin.

The problem with this is that religion has become the exact opposite of this. That IS what religion is now and it's never going to be anything but again. (at least not in our lifetime) That being said you have to let go of what it should be and fix it and go about interacting with it based on what it IS, not what it SHOULD be. Now I understand why some people feel like they NEED religion, I get that, but truth is, in my opinion you really don't. Everything that religion teaches (or is suppose to teach) everyone can and usually does learn on their own. I call it the law of duh! All of that stuff is COMMON SENSE!! Don't covet thy neighbors wife, thou shall not steal ect, it's all common sense. I don't need Sunday school, or have to read the bible or pray or any of that to realize that and then to implement it into my life. The only problem is getting people to give a shit about those common sense notions and implement it into their lives. It doesn't take any talent to be an asshole, but it does take talent to do it well. Question is, why are so many people so damn talented??? Why would you want to be? That's the problem.
"If I never disappoint you, how can I surprise you?"

PreviousNext