WTF religious people

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 2:55 am » by Maniaco

Why are Chirstians so unlike Christ? That goes for many religions. All or at least most religions preach forgiveness and to be non judgemental.... WTF......I just had a pastor tell me I needed to leave my Girlfriend because we live together but are not married.....WTF....If God all mighty can forgive me and understand my situation so why cant he......WTF

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 2:57 am » by Realorfake

maniaco wrote:Why are Chirstians so unlike Christ? That goes for many religions. All or at least most religions preach forgiveness and to be non judgemental.... WTF......I just had a pastor tell me I needed to leave my Girlfriend because we live together but are not married.....WTF....If God all mighty can forgive me and understand my situation so why cant he......WTF

because religion is a business...
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Initiate

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 am » by Spliffffstar

realorfake wrote:
maniaco wrote:Why are Chirstians so unlike Christ? That goes for many religions. All or at least most religions preach forgiveness and to be non judgemental.... WTF......I just had a pastor tell me I needed to leave my Girlfriend because we live together but are not married.....WTF....If God all mighty can forgive me and understand my situation so why cant he......WTF

So damn true... :flop:

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:04 am » by Maniaco

realorfake wrote:

And so is Burger King but at least they make it the way you want it.

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:07 am » by Realorfake

as some here know, I have a buddy who's a PJ for the airforce. He's considered Spec Ops, he's ultra conservative, right-wing mentality...fought in Iraq and Afghanistan and had to kill people with his own hands.

whats the ONE thing the war made him realize? the ONE thing he stressed to me after living through the mess that is over there?

Religion is an animal. It's intentions are purely reproduction and self preservation and will do so at ANY cost.

now, i partly agree but also disagree...my buddy fails to realize the economics aspect hence it being a business, but nonetheless its intentions are never altruistic, never Christlike.
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Master Conspirator

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:20 am » by Lowsix

Never and always are completely inappropriate superlatives.

Dont hate religion, (or at least what it stands for)
because of the people that are doing it wrong.

Your gut has it right, go by that and dont rely on other people
to interpret it for you..read whatever books a religion has to offer,
look at a lot of them, and MOST IMPORTANTLY..(and i mean this)

PLEASE PLEASE
Read Joseph Campbell.
he puts it ALL in perspective..
without speaking FOR any religion,
but speaking TO all of them.

THAT is one guy who gets what its about..
and gets past the crap that everyone gets wrong about their religions..
and shows what makes almost all of them the same..

which is the only way to see its relevance,
instead of these silly doctrines, and specific rules,
and stuff like what that pastor said..

The CORE...which is basically eliminating the fear of death,
becoming a positive mechanic for humanity
and a way to give something of yourself to others.

The rest is just spin.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:24 am » by Maniaco

LowSix wrote:Never and always are completely inappropriate superlatives.

Dont hate religion, (or at least what it stands for)
because of the people that are doing it wrong.

Your gut has it right, go by that and dont rely on other people
to interpret it for you..read whatever books a religion has to offer,
look at a lot of them, and MOST IMPORTANTLY..(and i mean this)

PLEASE PLEASE
Read Joseph Campbell.
he puts it ALL in perspective..
without speaking FOR any religion,
but speaking TO all of them.

THAT is one guy who gets what its about..
and gets past the crap that everyone gets wrong about their religions..
and shows what makes almost all of them the same..

which is the only way to see its relevance,
instead of these silly doctrines, and specific rules,
and stuff like what that pastor said..

The CORE...which is basically eliminating the fear of death,
becoming a positive mechanic for humanity
and a way to give something of yourself to others.

The rest is just spin.

I do not hate religion. Simply the people who choose to use it in a unGodly manner.

dusty1969

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:25 am » by dusty1969

Religion is of God, not of man. When a man tries to tell you how to be religious, you need to be skeptical of that man, because he is trying to be God.

God is benevolent, he loves you no matter what. Don't let anyone tell you different man.

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:29 am » by cloud7787

I just had to add my thoughts to this one....I was raised deeply christian for the first 18 years of my life.

It took me less than one year to move away from it and around 3 years to find my own truth.

The only reason you could possibly still believe any form of religious bullshit is because you're listening to what someone else is telling you and not finding your own path. Whether it's reading a book that keeps reaffirming your beliefs, going to church, listening to religious friends, or staying with your beliefs because of the narrow-minded jackasses that surround you (who would make you feel stupid and less of a person for thinking otherwise)....whatever the minor detail is, you simply have to do your own research and open your mind.

Don't be a tool of the ones around you. Find your own truth.

I also have to add one more thing that I don't think many christians consider:

If I were God, and one of my followers decided he had questions and went on a search for his own truth. If he went to every other possible system of belief and every other thought process he could possibly go to...and in the end found that his truth still lie with christianity...I would greatly respect him far more than any of the other believers that never decided to look anywhere else.

Writer

PostMon Sep 07, 2009 3:38 am » by cloud7787

dusty1969 wrote:Religion is of God, not of man. When a man tries to tell you how to be religious, you need to be skeptical of that man, because he is trying to be God.

God is benevolent, he loves you no matter what. Don't let anyone tell you different man.

And I'm sure God's been sending you a bunch of messages lately huh? Guess who tells you the Bible is of God?...a man! Guess who wrote the Bible?...men!... Guess who wrote that it's inspired by God?...what do you know?...men!!

Stop being a "faithful" douchebag and spouting crap like you actually know what you're talking about. And don't pretend you know what he wants either.. pastors, preachers, friends, family, a book....none of them are your "God". And unless you want to claim getting personal messages from the "Alpha and Omega" of the Bible... then I'd cut the crap.

And through all that, I'm not saying you're a bad person or that you don't have good intentions. I'm just sick of the religiosity.

Next