XBOX ONE Fallacies debunked. Used Games, Kinect Monitoring.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1383
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 pm
Location: Flight 815

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 9:02 pm » by Jet17


1. Kinect does not watch you at all times. you can turn it off entirely, or when you don't want it on through the system itself, or turning off the console.

2. Used games will work. Publishers are working on deals with used games dealers to provide incentive to sell used games. Still being worked on.

3. You DO NOT need to have your console on 24 hours a day tied to the internet to play a game. If you own the hard copy of the game you can play offline. If you RIP the game to your console you need to have online capabilities to check the authorization code to make sure the copy is legitimate.

Granted this is new information coming out, I hope to see some misconceptions cleared up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comment ... es_kinect/
Image
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Writer
User avatar
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:42 pm

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 9:18 pm » by bell02


Jet17 wrote:
3. You DO NOT need to have your console on 24 hours a day tied to the internet to play a game. If you own the hard copy of the game you can play offline. If you RIP the game to your console you need to have online capabilities to check the authorization code to make sure the copy is legitimate.

Granted this is new information coming out, I hope to see some misconceptions cleared up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comment ... es_kinect/


I believe if they allow


[...]
Image

Initiate
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:37 pm

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 11:34 pm » by Cambay411


Jet17 wrote:1. Kinect does not watch you at all times. you can turn it off entirely, or when you don't want it on through the system itself, or turning off the console.

2. Used games will work. Publishers are working on deals with used games dealers to provide incentive to sell used games. Still being worked on.

3. You DO NOT need to have your console on 24 hours a day tied to the internet to play a game. If you own the hard copy of the game you can play offline. If you RIP the game to your console you need to have online capabilities to check the authorization code to make sure the copy is legitimate.

Granted this is new information coming out, I hope to see some misconceptions cleared up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comment ... es_kinect/






None of this is new info.

The Kinect can be turned off on XBOX 360 in the same ways. Except you can unplug it and put it up when its not in use. I unplugged mine and put it up the second day I had it and only bring it out if my kids wanted to use it. Afterwards it gets unplugged and put up. One has to wonder why the made the XBOX One l the way they did. This is enough for me to never buy one alone.

Bottom line the Kinect is freaky and making it to where you cant unplug it and still play makes e wonder seriously why they would do that. This makes it even more freaky than it already was.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1219
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:25 am

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 11:36 pm » by Dagnamski


parp


Upload to Disclose.tv



THATS DENYING YOU TIME ON THE MONEY YOU SPEND. :top:
“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2949
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 am

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 2:35 am » by Opalserpent


Either way the ps4 is more powerful with more graphics cores and faster memory and is cheaper.

I have a gaming laptop but would still like a ps4 as they will have more games that are cutting

edge in gameplay like nintendo do. Microsoft are just Borg that gobble up ideas for profit like apple.


The reason to buy an Xbone:

Image



Reason to buy a ps4:

Cheaper, more power, better network. NSA needed to hack encryption of ps network but not microsofts.
Has blue ray already now xbone has one too, surprised?
Free Network access.


Why pay more money for xbone when you can have a more powerful console free off truckloads
of bloat wear trying to sell you shit and not have to pay for network access to the microsoft network.


Twitter Poll:

Image


Guess which one is ps4:

Image

Following specs should help convince you, xbone is no by no means slack it's just not as fast.

Image


DIE XBOX BORG!!!

Image

Image

Image

Image
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1383
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 pm
Location: Flight 815

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 pm » by Jet17


Yes, this is new information as of a few days ago.

People are still going around saying things about the Kinect that aren't true. like YOU CAN'T SHUT IT OFF! IT WATCHES YOU ALL THE TIME! It's simply untrue. you can turn it off in the system itself or when the xbox powers off. which was written in the main point sentence.

The xbox is more expensive because it comes with a kinect device. where ps4 you have to buy it separately for the same price it costs for an xbox one.

The xbox also progressively scans better than the PS4, as it has imbedded memory partitions, where as the PS4 has the graphics that outweigh the xbox, but it can't progressively scan them to keep the upper hand on xbox one, so be prepared to see pixelated scan progressions here and there.

I am sure the NSA didn't have to hack the PS network, when the current PS network is always crashing, always being hacked. While free, it doesn't give any incentive to play online when the system crashes almost every month. I haven't seen the xbox live system hacked or crash do to denial or service from intruders either.

Paying for a peace of mind. vs. hoping a cheap system will work occassionally.

I will take peace of mind.


Xbox fanboy out.
Image
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3604
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Avin a barbecue on Mercury

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 1:57 am » by Phoenix rising


The whole release was a shambles, Microsoft could have been concise from the start but instead they only gave confusing data, truth is they were gageing public opinion and then changing things to water down some of the more unpopular stuff, another thing, the xbox one has to be connected at least once every 24 hours or will not work, when second hand games are sold to the next party that is the last time the game can be sold, I hate to say this cos i have always been an xbox fan and user but i will not be showing any loyalty to a company that in my opinion has been concentrating more on a multimedia centre than a games console, i mean for fucks sake they were high fiveing because it can switch to live tv, like that was some kinda awesome feature, jeezz if anyone has a console they have a bloody tv already, as a big online player i can tell you now the online community are not one bit happy with xbox one and the general consensus is most will be leaning towards the ps4
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence
Image

Initiate
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:37 pm

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 2:12 am » by Cambay411


Jet17 wrote:Yes, this is new information as of a few days ago.

People are still going around saying things about the Kinect that aren't true. like YOU CAN'T SHUT IT OFF! IT WATCHES YOU ALL THE TIME! It's simply untrue. you can turn it off in the system itself or when the xbox powers off. which was written in the main point sentence.

The xbox is more expensive because it comes with a kinect device. where ps4 you have to buy it separately for the same price it costs for an xbox one.

The xbox also progressively scans better than the PS4, as it has imbedded memory partitions, where as the PS4 has the graphics that outweigh the xbox, but it can't progressively scan them to keep the upper hand on xbox one, so be prepared to see pixelated scan progressions here and there.

I am sure the NSA didn't have to hack the PS network, when the current PS network is always crashing, always being hacked. While free, it doesn't give any incentive to play online when the system crashes almost every month. I haven't seen the xbox live system hacked or crash do to denial or service from intruders either.

Paying for a peace of mind. vs. hoping a cheap system will work occassionally.

I will take peace of mind.


Xbox fanboy out.





No, none of your info was new. They may have reworded some things to clarify but every hardcore gamer already knew everything in your op.

Everyone knows the Kinect can be turned off but it always has to be hooked up. No one likes that, its weird and freaks people out. I don't know anyone who has a Kinect who keeps it hooked up. In peoples mind, as long as its hooked up you can still be monitored and listened to if someone wanted it for that purpose. And it makes it more iffy that XBOX purposely made to where it cant be unhooked. Strange, very strange

Writer
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:48 pm

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 3:18 am » by Recode


Have to agree with Cambay411. So much confusion with this damn console and not a single straight forward anwser from Microsoft. Yes it can be turned off but I really doubt that would stop anyone from hacking in and doing whatever they wanted. The only legit way in my eyes is to physically get up and unplug the power which kind of defeats the purpose of all its wireless features.

That coupled with its 1080P infrared camera/heartbeat detectors and mic + a connection which has to check in every 24hrs is a little too much for me. Also, you can only lend out games to people who have been on your friends list for 30days+. Even then I believe you're limited to 1 title. Overall it's focus is obviously intrusive and filled with ulterior motives so I really hope people think twice before buying this thing....

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:10 am
Location: CyberSpace

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 5:59 am » by Ghost32


(XBox One Plus The Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Goggles Will Change Everything)

I personally think the Xbox One looks awesome, and Kinect 2.0 brings us a little closer to real "Minority Report Technologies" I seen the specs where PS4 had more stats in a couple areas but also Xbox One had a couple stats that PS4 does not even register lol so the PS4's extra numbers mean nothing...

Also you have to understand Sony fumbled the ball and forgot to pick it back up years ago. Like Sony's motion tracking technologies, they never had any good design for it and it failed ,and they will spend more time trying to sue someone over the patent than they will trying to improve the technology, the sales model of Business first and games last is what has killed Sony.

It's obvious that Microsoft will be the reigning Set-Top Box for most households for the next 3-5 years to come.

P.S. In The Sequel To The Lawnmower Man, The Device They Use To Access Virtual Reality Is Called The "EyePhone"

Jamie Hyneman Tests the Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Goggles


Upload to Disclose.tv





:ghost: 32
Image


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook