Yep I'm talking to you.

Initiate

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 4:38 pm » by Lips of Lucifer

The57ironman wrote:.

...evolution...?

..show us a youtube video or it didn't happen....

:alien51:

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 5:01 pm » by Webcat

I think the next big step in human evolution will be the levels of Consciousness achieved by humanity as a collective species.

We have already witnessed some activity within this process over the last few centuries - evolution is usually a lengthy process - and the examples of our growing social Awareness, collective consciousness and common morality are there to be seen.

The major examples of this form of social evolution were:
1. The non-acceptance of torture as a social norm (now that has taken a backward step!). Torture was even used by supposed religions of 'love' - the Spanish inquisition, for one, and in Medieval times, torture was common. Yet the human mindset had moved on from primitive practices, well, some have.......

2. Slavery was considered the norm at one time, but the idea that all humans are born free is now generally accepted - the social consciousness of humanity had actually evolved and dismissed a practice that had lasted for thousands of years. I wonder what triggered that?

3. Oppression of women - by social, cultural, economic and religious constraints, these were all considered normal practices, and even today, they are committed by a certain large religious grouping, but in Western Society the social acceptance as a 'norm' is changing - our society is evolving.

So, whilst humanity may not be evolving on the scale of transformation from apes to homo-sapians, its certainly evolving its social-awarness and collective consciouness - IMAO. :mrgreen:

:cheers:

Initiate

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 5:29 pm » by Cambay411

Icarium wrote:Absolutely, each to their own, I begrudge no man his religious beliefs. I personally think a biblical argument against evolution is not an argument at all. I also see no contradiction in belief in God and belief in evolution and I do not think evolution is any argument against God unless one takes a literal interpretation of the bible but I can see no way of taking the bible literally. Very few denominations do, for a start as soon as you apply strict biblical interpretation God fails in the omnipotent/omniscient paradox, as far as I am aware of the major denominations only Calvinism insists on God's absolute omnipotence and omniscience, everyone else has a kind of partial omnipotence but I am not familiar with the actual argument for that position. Evolutions final jigsaw piece was the discovery of DNA as the vehicle for naturally selected traits to be transmitted to each ensuing generation. Biblical creationism just trips over far too many problems to be a remotely acceptable explanation to life on Earth. There are simply too many things that evolution explains that the bible can't. The missing link argument is nonsense, how many missing links do you want. The evidence of ring species clearly negates the "like can only begat like" statement. Seriously there are just too many indicators for me to take the biblical explanation even remotely seriously. Just like other myths the bibles' creation story was just early mans' attempt to explain the world around them while they had logical explanation for the natural world around him.

Im not one to say evolution is true or not true. But the evidence for evolution is very circumstancial and sketchy at best. DNA the vehicle for naturally selected traits? Possibly, but that doesn't come close to proving evolution in the sense science trys to explain it. At most DNA can be proven to be the vehicle that transports our traits we receive from our parents. Does it prove we evolved as the humans we are today all the way from apes? No way man.

The evidence for creationism is about as solid as the evidence for evolution.

Really the truth is no one knows and all anyone can do is guess. The "theories" of evolution and creationism aren't even "theories" by definition. A theory is something that has been repeatedly tested and can be used to make predictions. Creationism and evolution have not been repeatedly tested and cant be predicted.

Its all guesses and neither one fit the scientific definition of a theory.

Initiate

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 8:30 pm » by Icarium

Kinninigan wrote:
Icarium wrote:Let's make this crystal clear, I know no simpler way of putting it...if you think evolution is wrong you are almost certainly a fucking idiot, if you have any other excuse (bananas or whatever other dumb ass crack pot bollocks don't count, deconstruct, before our very eyes, one of the most solid theories known to science) please I would love to hear it

alright answer this then....

why are all amercians not "evolving" into american indians

why are whites in south africa not "evolving" into africans

in fact, no humans around the world are "EVOLVING" into their native surroundings

but if a black man has a kid with a white women we see a kid with "both traits", a NEW color of human

so that dis-proves "evolution" right there

it is "intelligent design"...when the original 42 tribes of israel were created in ancient Khemit by the alpha-draconians as a slave race

its easier to divide and conquer humans who all look different and worship different gods, just like whats playing out right now in the mid-east

any thoughts??

:peep:

Lips of Lucifer wrote:
Kinninigan wrote:
Icarium wrote:Let's make this crystal clear, I know no simpler way of putting it...if you think evolution is wrong you are almost certainly a fucking idiot, if you have any other excuse (bananas or whatever other dumb ass crack pot bollocks don't count, deconstruct, before our very eyes, one of the most solid theories known to science) please I would love to hear it

alright answer this then....

why are all amercians not "evolving" into american indians

why are whites in south africa not "evolving" into africans

in fact, no humans around the world are "EVOLVING" into their native surroundings

but if a black man has a kid with a white women we see a kid with "both traits", a NEW color of human

so that dis-proves "evolution" right there

it is "intelligent design"...when the original 42 tribes of israel were created in ancient Khemit by the alpha-draconians as a slave race

its easier to divide and conquer humans who all look different and worship different gods, just like whats playing out right now in the mid-east

any thoughts??

My thoughts are your post proves the Theory. (In real time). The problem with those who have a problem with evolution, are times lines in a world that expects to see the process on a video clip. Think of evolution as the world population agreeing with each and every other organism on the planet that maybe Mr. Richard Dawkins might have a point, and He is not an evil witch that deserves nothing but Contempt..even though annoying on a personal level.

Evolution occurs over hundreds of thousands of years via tiny iterations, a "useful" adaptation is more likely to be passed on than a less useful one and these add up until a species after millions of years can seem totally different to its' earlier form. The evidence for this is very clear, sea mammals have vestigial legs and arms that have evolved into fins and tails although the bones of the hands are still clearly evident in the fins for example. I see little evidence intelligent design that can not be as easily explained by the evolution process (although admittedly some symbiotic adaptations beggar belief in the intricateness of their relationship). Evolution does cover by far the most bases of any available theory and creationism falls flat on it's face time and again. Obviously I am not an expert but from what I have read/seen that is my conclusion. Evolution even tells us the egg came before the chicken.

Initiate

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 pm » by Icarium

Lips of Lucifer wrote:I agree with 99% of your post, except the bit about David Icke....People grow until they die, and growing is about making mistakes, learning. Mr Icke is as Human as human can be, and his message. Why knock folk who want to do good? He wants to do good imo..

As for Icke I will beg restricted paradigm if you wish but for me either the world is totally wrong or he is, there is not a lot of grey area. He certainly says lots of nice things but that does not make him any more credible. It is just a fact that in forums very few minds are changed, often positions become even more entrenched so it is not as if I expect to change anyones' mind about him, not that I wish to, just saying.
Last edited by Icarium on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 8:47 pm » by Kinninigan

Icarium wrote:

Evolution occurs over hundreds of thousands of years via tiny iterations, a "useful" adaptation is more likely to be passed on than a less useful one and these add up until a species after millions of years can seem totally different to its' earlier form. The evidence for this is very clear, sea mammals have vestigial legs and arms that have evolved into fins and tails although the bones of the hands are still clearly evident in the fins for example. I see little evidence intelligent design that can not be as easily explained by the evolution process (although admittedly some symbiotic adaptations beggar belief in the intricateness of their relationship). Evolution does cover by far the most bases of any available theory and creationism falls flat on it's face time and again. Obviously I am not an expert but from what I have read/seen that is my conclusion. Evolution even tells us the egg came before the chicken.

that could be easily dis-proved by animals here on earth that evolve in generations,no hundreds of thousands of years, to adapt to new surroundings...if you want i could write a thread about it to back
that up with proof

and here is Obama talking about our "reptilian brains" if you think the aliens creating humans theory is crazy...

Obama Says We Must Fight Against The Reptilian Side of Our Brain On "The View"

Upload to Disclose.tv

It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Initiate

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 8:57 pm » by Icarium

Kinninigan wrote:
Icarium wrote:

that could be easily dis-proved by animals here on earth that evolve in generations,no hundreds of thousands of years, to adapt to new surroundings...if you want i could write a thread about it to back
that up with proof

and here is Obama talking about our "reptilian brains" if you think the aliens creating humans theory is crazy...

Obama Says We Must Fight Against The Reptilian Side of Our Brain On "The View"

Upload to Disclose.tv

The reptilian part of our brain is evolution, it is the oldest part of the brain, the part we have inherited from furthest back, it carries out the more basic functions. Resisting the reptilian part of the brain simply refers to ignoring your baser instincts and instead using the more recent reasoning part. Germs evolve even faster than that, the number of generations in a given time explains why some species evolve faster than others.

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 9:12 pm » by Kinninigan

Icarium wrote:

The reptilian part of our brain is evolution, it is the oldest part of the brain, the part we have inherited from furthest back, it carries out the more basic functions. Resisting the reptilian part of the brain simply refers to ignoring your baser instincts and instead using the more recent reasoning part. Germs evolve even faster than that, the number of generations in a given time explains why some species evolve faster than others.

still does explain how humans that evolved from monkees start out in the womb as reptilian, WITH TAILS, then change to human

:headscratch:
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Initiate

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 10:15 pm » by Icarium

Kinninigan wrote:
Icarium wrote:

still does explain how humans that evolved from monkees start out in the womb as reptilian, WITH TAILS, then change to human

:headscratch:

That is another feature that is part of our evolution. At our embryonic state we display a number of our earliest evolutionary features. Vestigial features such as tails ( I am sorry as I said I am not an expert I am sure there are a lot of people on this site that could explain this better than me) feature in our embryonic state and we are very similar (possibly exactly the same, memory fails me as to which) to amphibian embryos which was our earlier evolutionary state, fish>amphibian>reptile>mammal. The first part of the brain to develop is the lizard part which contains our instincts such as fight or flight, fear etc. It is only as the embryo develops further that our later mammalian features develop and our vestigial amphibians features are overcome. Crap explanation I know, I really need to look this shit up again. I am not saying evolution explains everything but it covers by far the most bases. It is pretty damn obvious I have hit a brick wall with what I remember/have learned. Any questions past this and I am totally stumped. :badair:

If you look at your diagram you will notice that at the fetal stage of each species is virtually identical thus demonstrating we all come from the same initial ancestor. It is only as the fetus evolves that our differences become apparent, the salamander and fish are not very different to their fetal stage whereas the more evolved creatures change much more, the further along the evolutionary ladder the creature is the more it changes from its' fetal form.

Initiate

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 10:32 pm » by Icarium

By the way I love the dancing Draconian (is it?). Looks like it is straight out of Madchester, He is the alien Bez. Having said that Bea might be an alien anyway.

PreviousNext