You could vote in the House of Commons or Congress

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 13, 2013 12:33 am » by Toxic32

Given that times are evolving and most people have access to the internet don't you think it's time the way we pass legislation and laws should be adapted so that the people who are eligible to vote have a direct say in the places of where laws are passed. It's time to take a new look as to how we are governed and how our government act on our behalf. As you know the reason we elect representatives is just that. They represent our general aspirations in life and express in general terms how we want to be governed.

Because it's not possible for us all to be there and take part in a vote that we may or may not agree with we give our proxy vote to the person that was selected and elected to do that for us. But that was yesterday. This is today through modern technology we can be there we can listen in to all the arguments and form an opinion and there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to cast our vote directly.

I know it's a simplistic idea but it's time to readdress how we are represented. A lot of though is needed as to how this should be implemented I know. But it does need to happen. You want to scare the shit out of our governments and get the pigs that have there noses in the trough running scared then this is the way to do it. Direct voting. They can vote as usual. But our vote (over 24 hours) will be weighed in the balance and be as powerful in terms of democracy as all the votes that put that representative there in the first place. Party politics will be a thing of the past. True direct democracy in it's real and raw form will dictate what will or wont happen. Then I will come down to the argument for and against and will bring forward men and women of conviction who are able to put the argument directly to us.

Just a few thoughts how this voting could work.

Regional, city, town, village, representative?

If as in the UK MP your vote would only be as representative as the number of people that elected you. Same in the US. Senate and so on.

Maybe you could limit the general voting to major issues. in the US it would be what you would or wouldn't allow to change the constitution. Voting for war or against war and other life changing legislation.
The same in the UK. WE VOTE FOR WAR OR NOT. We vote for or against the death penalty. You get the idea.

Anything to add?
Invictus maneo

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 15, 2013 3:18 am » by Toxic32

I'll bump this only once. I must admit I thought there would be at least one forward thinking individual out there who had a unique perspective on how we could change things for the better. Looks like I was wrong. I must admit to being somewhat surprised given that there used to be a depth of reasoning individuals creating reasoned and pertinent arguments for or against my idea. :headscratch: How sad.
Invictus maneo