Your ghost stories please.....

Initiate

PostThu May 14, 2009 12:37 pm » by Happydayz

OK here goes. I've had quite a few experiences with this in my life. I don't have time to write about them all at the moment but I will certainly try to add to this when I can.

I am convinced without a doubt that two houses I have lived in were haunted. The first was where I was living with my parents from the age of 4 - 19. The other I was where I was living with friends from 18 - 20.

At my parents house, I often had a very strong feeling of being watched, even when no one else was around. Even when I had friends round, there were a couple of times where they were in a room on their own for a while and when I came back in they were a little shaken and said they had the feeling that something else was in the room and they felt someone was watching them.

I can also remember times when I had been in a room on my own and literally completely froze with fear, with the feeling of something else being in the room. Its like the air felt electrically charged and I could even hear heavy breathing in the same room as me.

There were times when we heard what sounded like someone running up the stairs and banging on the walls in the middle of the night. This was heard by all of us but on checking, no one was there.

There were times when the shower would turn itself on in the middle of the night.

One night I was in a back room playing on the computer. My mum was the only other person in the house and she was in the living room watching TV. I heard my room's door open and footsteps walking up to me. I was concentrating on the game so didn't bother to turn around, I just assumed it was my mum. I heard the foot steps walk right up to me and I then turned round to say 'hi mum' but there was no one there. I panicked, cried and ran to my mum who was in the living room.

Another experience I had when I was about 11, just after my mum's dad had died (he used to smoke about 70 cigs a day - which may be relevant), I had a friend sleeping over. We were sat up late in my room talking and we heard a smash come from the kitchen. Me and my friend decided to investigate and went into the kitchen and a glass had smashed all over the worktop. We cleared it up and went back to our room. The next morning we were in the kitchen, my mum came down and we explained about the smashed glass. My mum explained that she had also had a very strange experience that night. She woke in the middle of the night, with a very strong smell of cigarette smoke, then she heard a cracking sound coming from her glass next to her bed. She saw the glass crack about 1cm from the top all the way around the glass. She then went up and got the glass to show us. I've never seen anything like it before, it was a perfect cut all the way around the glass, where you could lift the top off or place it back on.

Me, my girlfriend and three other mates moved into a house back in 1998 and the whole time we were living there we experienced strange things and these were usually witnessed by 2 or more people. We often heard footsteps walking up and down the stairs and also in the kitchen.

One night a load of us were watching TV in the living room and we saw a large glass ash-tray move off of the table and fall on the floor.

One night my girlfriend woke me up with the quilt pulled over our heads. She said there was a dark figure stood at the end of the bed. I had a look and saw nothing there, calmed her down and she eventually fell back to sleep. The next moment I woke, I looked towards the end of the bed and saw for myself and dark silhouette of someone stood at the end of the bed. I was completely overcome with fear and pulled the covers back up over our heads and woke my girlfriend up and we basically just led there crapping ourselves until we could fall back to sleep.

One night about 4am me and my girlfriend were woken by what sounded like the furniture being moved around downstairs. She asked me to go and investigate in case it was thieves. I really didn't want to go but as I left my bedroom, my friend was coming out of his room and he too had been told by his girlfriend that he had to investigate. Anyway, me and my mate walked down into the living room and everything was fine, we walked into the kitchen and the washing machine was sat right in the middle of the room. It was even quite a struggle for the both of us to shimmy the machine back into its place in the wall, which was about 2 meters away.

I came home from work one day and found my girlfriend sat in the living room looking quite shaken talking to my house mate. I asked what was going on and they explained to me that she had just got home from work and went up to our bedroom but just before she opened the bedroom door she could hear someone opening and closing cupboard draws. She assumed it was me went into the room but the room was empty. Just as she was explaining this to me, another house mate came into the house with his brother, they both ran upstairs to his room and a few moments later he came back down and was looking for something in the living room. While he was doing this, his brother was still on the landing of the stairs waiting for him, a few minutes later his brother came running down the stairs into the living room and explained that while he was stood at the top of the stairs he could hear someone opening and closing draws in his brothers room, he went in to see who was in there but the room was empty... as soon as he said this we all looked at each other and ran up the stairs into all of the rooms and checked everywhere, under every bed, in every cupboard but we could not find anyone up there! Also, neither of them knew anything about what had just happened before hand, as they didn't get in until just after my girlfriend had finished explaining what had happened to her.

Anyway, that is pretty much all of the strange ghostly experiences I have had. There are a few more that close friends of mine have told me but I'll have to go into them another time.

Writer

PostFri May 15, 2009 4:24 am » by Kitten

i was at my friends house sitting on the couch facing the kitchen and saw a girl who was blond and had a striped shirt and white pants on. she walked across the kitchen and disappeared. when she was walking she was flickering on and off. a minute or so after, while i was still rubbing my eyes, my pager went off and it was my friend who lived in the basement apt. downstairs. so i called her and she was freaking out saying, 'you'll never guess what just happened', and i said, 'you saw her too?', and of course she freaked out more because i said i just saw a girl walk across the kitchen and disappear. she said the girl had peeked around the courner at her.
i said did she have blond hair?...and she said yes and had a striped sweater on, and i said and white pants?...and so i knew i didn't hallucinate because of the way we decribed the ghost to each other.

another time at a boyfriends house, i was in the basement and saw a shadow figure walk into the wine cellar. he had an old-fashioned brim-hat on.
when i went upstairs i told my boyfriend and he said his grandfather, who was dead, used to wear a hat like that all the time and that his parents used to make wine and give some to his grandfather...

Initiate

PostFri May 15, 2009 12:45 pm » by Snake Plissken

Thanks for your continued input everyone, great stories! :D

I would never have heard these tales had i not been on this site, thats why its so great! :wink:

Heres another one from me:

3. I was about 15 years old and me and my mates were staying at a friends house while their parents were away for the weekend, we were all watching a movie at the time because everyone was too skint to buy any booze and we were sat in the living room. We had never stayed at this particular friends house before.

I was at at the end of a very long sofa, everyone was watching the movie and as i was watching i saw something out of the corner of my eye, i turned to my right and i as i looked round i saw a huge black figure, literally about 2 metres away from me walk through the wall and continue on through some glass doors that lead out to the back garden. Though it was quite close it was incredibly black, a total absence of detail, like a big solid shadow. I would describe it as being about 6 feet tall and from its outline it looked like a man wearing a long black coat and a hat, the face was completely obscured. This all happened so quickly i couldnt believe what i was seeing, it was so close!!

I genuinely couldnt speak and was a bit shocked by what i had just seen.After about five minutes i asked (as casually as i could, being a teenager i didnt want to look like too much of an idiot in front of my mates!) if anyone had just seen anything and explained that i just saw something fucking weird!!

Of course no one believed me and everyone took the piss for the next hour or so (i expected nothing less!!).

The next morning we all woke up, in the kitchen the kid whose house it was took me aside and asked me exactly what i had seen. I described it in more detail than i had the previous night. He then said that it was kind of embarrassing but the reason he had asked us all to stay round was because he was scared of being alone in the house, he said that he had seen that figure as well in the mirrors in one of the bedrooms and that it really scared the shit out of him.He also said that he was always seeing little dark flashes out of the corner of his eye when he was in the house. He then begged me not to tell any of the guys bacause it was really embarrassing!!

The figure i saw was so real and really sticks in my mind because it was so close. :wink:

There we are more weirdness, a few more to follow soon. In the mean time keep posting your stories, thats 3 shadowy figures i have seen so far, maybe we can find some links... :wink:
"The more things change the more they stay the same..."

Previous