Your thoughts.....

Initiate

PostThu Jun 21, 2012 1:54 am » by I2haveseen

Sky lanterns???? Seriously??? FFS people. Did ya watch the video??? Lanterns drift upwards (with the wind), till they go out.
Here look it up...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_lantern
Hey trolls.... If you want to rip me a new one, You better have a sharp set of nails.
▲Not an invitation peeps..... It's a warning.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 21, 2012 2:01 am » by Shaggietrip

May have been better to start filming after it was above the mountain scape. This only brings me to a conclusion of hoax.

Lots of traffic in the background. If one see another filming you would look to what is being filmed. That said if it was real I am sure many have pulled over to capture the event. Not to mention being at low level others would have noticed.

But it is only my opinion and I can not prove others wise. So I stand with hoax.

Thank you for posting .

:cheers:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Initiate

PostThu Jun 21, 2012 5:39 am » by I2haveseen

:mrcool: Fair nuff (first time I've ever heard any1 suggest holding off on 'hitting the record button' though???).
:peep: More chance of rc (though I'm suss on that too) than faked for me.
Hey trolls.... If you want to rip me a new one, You better have a sharp set of nails.
▲Not an invitation peeps..... It's a warning.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 21, 2012 12:10 pm » by Iwanci

I have had a small RC copter (and a largish one), aside from anoying me no end with the complexity IO faced trying to control it indoors, outdoors was another level of frustration. Firstly, the impact the wind has on the 'normal' RC copter cannot be understated, it literally takes over and makes control vary difficult if not impossible (don't forget they are not very heavy). Secondly, distance is a major issue, you simply cannot fly these copters very high nor very far without losing control and without the copter looking irrational. The video seems to show an object moving slowly and steadily, not what I have experienced with an RC copter let alone in the night. When it crashed you would never find it, and they are not cheap, so not worth making a video and losing it or breaking it, especially for such a poor quality hoax.

I have never been lucky enough to witness a UFO, however, whenever I am confronted with an unusual situation and I happen to have a camera, I usually try to introduce some context by filming other surrounding 'normalities' as references. The determination of size for example can be made easier when the object is filmed near a readily identifiable reference point, eg a car, a house, etc. Also, why not put yourself in the video or your mate or another person/peope also filming?

Soooooo.. I am calling this to be eaither a hoax (a deliberately lit german lantern :mrgreen: ) or the filming of a genuine unknown object (likely a chinese lantern that has been set off by someone other than the person filming it and the person filming it simply happened to see it without knowledge).

Either way, it's not a UFO. Also, who says that lanterns only drift upwards and that the wind would blow it out? Its not a birthday cake... also, you could and would sheild the candle from side draft would you not to prevent premature blow out?

Anyhow, I am not a chinese lantern expert... and I have never launched one... and I have never seen one... and I hate hot air balloons... and I think that the Germans will not win the Euro Cup.... BUT this is a lantern... :alien51:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostThu Jun 21, 2012 12:22 pm » by Ohzehgermans

Iwanci wrote:I have had a small RC copter (and a largish one), aside from anoying me no end with the complexity IO faced trying to control it indoors, outdoors was another level of frustration. Firstly, the impact the wind has on the 'normal' RC copter cannot be understated, it literally takes over and makes control vary difficult if not impossible (don't forget they are not very heavy). Secondly, distance is a major issue, you simply cannot fly these copters very high nor very far without losing control and without the copter looking irrational. The video seems to show an object moving slowly and steadily, not what I have experienced with an RC copter let alone in the night. When it crashed you would never find it, and they are not cheap, so not worth making a video and losing it or breaking it, especially for such a poor quality hoax.

That's a good point.

Iwanci wrote:I have never been lucky enough to witness a UFO, however, whenever I am confronted with an unusual situation and I happen to have a camera, I usually try to introduce some context by filming other surrounding 'normalities' as references. The determination of size for example can be made easier when the object is filmed near a readily identifiable reference point, eg a car, a house, etc. Also, why not put yourself in the video or your mate or another person/peope also filming?

Soooooo.. I am calling this to be eaither a hoax (a deliberately lit german lantern :mrgreen: ) or the filming of a genuine unknown object (likely a chinese lantern that has been set off by someone other than the person filming it and the person filming it simply happened to see it without knowledge).

Either way, it's not a UFO. Also, who says that lanterns only drift upwards and that the wind would blow it out? Its not a birthday cake... also, you could and would sheild the candle from side draft would you not to prevent premature blow out?

Anyhow, I am not a chinese lantern expert... and I have never launched one... and I have never seen one... and I hate hot air balloons... and I think that the Germans will not win the Euro Cup.... BUT this is a lantern... :alien51:

You know what? I really really don't care about sports. That form of entertainment is nothing for me. :ugeek:
But besides that i still don't think zihs is some sort of lantern. The movement is not typical enough.
The directional change may indicate winds turning, but why does it lower altitude at some points?
That must be winds from above and i never experienced such a thing. Also the light it emmits is varying in intensity and seems to change colors. That would be very fancy lantern with a few gimmicks installed... Nah... i am not convinced...
Empathist / Psychonaut / Videogamer / Artist since 1980

I'm a total fan of the Fallout-Universe.

That's my former artists name and homepage.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 21, 2012 12:36 pm » by Iwanci

furry nuts then.. its not a lantern...

but what could it be? :headscratch: cant say its flying in any inteligent and inconspicous way, ie, its not trying to hide itself... just seems to be floating around... maybe a radio controlled chinese lantern? :mrgreen:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostThu Jun 21, 2012 12:56 pm » by Ohzehgermans

Imagine yourself possessing a highly sophisticated tech - then compare that to our evolutionary standing point.
Did Columbus try to hide himself? No, cause he knew he didn't need to. Maybe it's the same for our UFO-crews?
If humanity means NO threat, then you don't need to hide away. It's like looking at monkeys at the zoo.

And the flight pattern may seem not intelligent at first - but do you know what that object observed at that time?
Me neither. Cheers!
Empathist / Psychonaut / Videogamer / Artist since 1980

I'm a total fan of the Fallout-Universe.

That's my former artists name and homepage.

Initiate

PostThu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 pm » by Tonyw

I2haveseen Are those hills in the background, and if so how far away was they?.
I am what i am.

War does not determine who is right, War determines who is left. [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/5aro28.gif[/img]

Initiate

PostThu Jun 21, 2012 1:09 pm » by Mumin

:-)
i own a few RC helicopters, some of them, the easy to fly toy varieties, with pretty strong LED lights.
my daughter's kite has flashy LEDs

so basically this means: if your light in the sky doesn't perform absolutely impossible flight patterns, it's just a light in the sky ;-)

Conspirator

PostFri Jun 22, 2012 9:27 am » by Iwanci

sorry, the more I look at it the more I think it isn't an allien craft... soz people...

Look at it fully, compare against the 'mountains' and the surrounds, I don't even think its that big this thing, due to a lack of lighting and clarity almost anything could be possible, so maybe a hoax... or a fake chinese RC lantern projection hoax... or how about just a balloon with an LED inside it?

soz but this is NOT an allien craft, I should know because I have one in my garage.... :mrgreen:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

PreviousNext