1 Rating:

CIA operators denied request for help during Benghazi attack

CIA operators denied request for help during Benghazi attack
Please scroll down for video

October 26, 2012 - Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. Consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11. 

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. Consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to "stand down." 

Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the Consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The quick reaction force from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the Consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight. 

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Specter gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours -- enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators. 

Sources and more information:

Benghazi Update: SEALS Woods and Doherty Denied Help Three Times

Posted By LambChop Fox New reported exclusively that three urgent requests from Navy SEALS Ty Woods and Glen Doherty for military back-up from the CIA annex were denied by officials "in the CIA chain of command ." CIA operators were told to "stand down" instead of rescuing the Ambassador's team in the attack in Benghazi on September 11th.

Breaking: Fox News reports CIA command refused to help Benghazi consulate during attack

Breaking: Fox News reports CIA command refused to help Benghazi consulate during attack posted at 12:01 pm on October 26, 2012 by Ed Morrissey Yesterday, Leon Panetta told reporters that the US military didn't intervene to assist our consulate in Benghazi during the attack because of a lack of real-time intelligence.

We Left Them Behind To Die

Breaking News: White House Watched Benghazi Attacked And Didn't Respond!

US military's response questioned in wake of deadly Libya consulate attack

Did Obama Watch While They Fought for their Lives?

( via foxnews.com )


Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook