July 18, 2012 - After determining earlier this year there is probable cause to suspect the document
released by the White House
as Barack Obamaâ€™s birth certificate is a forgery, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said today he believes his Cold Case Posseâ€™s investigation should be advanced to the federal government, based on further information released today at a press conference under way now in Phoenix
Among the new findings presented by lead Cold Case Posse investigator Mike Zullo:
- The sheriffâ€™s investigators have learned of a birth certificate coding system that indicates the White House document has been altered.
- An interview with the Hawaii official who allegedly signed the Obama document in 1961, Verna K.L. Lee, provided further confirmation of the coding anomalies.
- Investigators were troubled to find key information missing on the verification document Hawaii provided to Arizonaâ€™s secretary of state in May.
- Hawaiiâ€™s deputy attorney general, Jill T. Nagamine, confirm the state has a birth document on file for Obama. But she would not confirm on the record that the White House document matched what was on file with the Hawaii Department of Health.
- The sheriffâ€™s investigators interviewed three persons of interest who have provided additional information in the case.
In prepared opening remarks, Arpaio chastised the media for the way it has handled the investigation.
â€śYou have demeaned this investigation at every turn as silly and wasteful,â€ť he said. â€śYour contempt about the subject and me for pursuing it has been duly noted.â€ť
He urged media members to listen to Zulloâ€™s presentation of the new evidence.
â€śKeep an open mind if you can,â€ť he said. â€śPut away all you pre conceived ideas. Keep your eye on the ball.â€ť
Watch all the video of the press conference below: