July 18, 2012 - After determining earlier this year there is probable cause to suspect the document released by the White House as Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a forgery, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said today he believes his Cold Case Posse’s investigation should be advanced to the federal government, based on further information released today at a press conference under way now in Phoenix
Among the new findings presented by lead Cold Case Posse investigator Mike Zullo:
- The sheriff’s investigators have learned of a birth certificate coding system that indicates the White House document has been altered.
- An interview with the Hawaii official who allegedly signed the Obama document in 1961, Verna K.L. Lee, provided further confirmation of the coding anomalies.
- Investigators were troubled to find key information missing on the verification document Hawaii provided to Arizona’s secretary of state in May.
- Hawaii’s deputy attorney general, Jill T. Nagamine, confirm the state has a birth document on file for Obama. But she would not confirm on the record that the White House document matched what was on file with the Hawaii Department of Health.
- The sheriff’s investigators interviewed three persons of interest who have provided additional information in the case.
In prepared opening remarks, Arpaio chastised the media for the way it has handled the investigation.
“You have demeaned this investigation at every turn as silly and wasteful,” he said. “Your contempt about the subject and me for pursuing it has been duly noted.”
He urged media members to listen to Zullo’s presentation of the new evidence.
“Keep an open mind if you can,” he said. “Put away all you pre conceived ideas. Keep your eye on the ball.”
Watch all the video of the press conference below: