An Australian film crew believes it captured two UFOs on film near Queenstown. The Colour in your Life film crew told MailOnline they spotted the UFO while editing their footage this week.
The film crew captured the footage - of what appears to be two objects racing across the South Island sky - while filming a scene of a motorbike riding across a bridge. Colour in your Life production manager Tanita Cree told MailOnline that the team were blown away when they took a closer look at the footage.
"We were all like, what was that?" she said.
After slowing down the film, the two shapes can be seen above the trees moving across the sky and disappearing.
"It was the speed they were moving at, they just jumped out of the trees," Ms Cree said.
The production team posted the video to YouTube and shared it on their Facebook page. They got an immediate response, including from someone who said they might be ducks.
"From the trees to where I was on the bike is about a half a kilometre, if you look at the speed in real time that means that if it were birds they would have accelerated to about 4,000 kilometres an hour in one second," a member of the production team posted to Facebook.
The Colour in your Life crew was filming an episode of their art television show with interviews with artists around the South Island.
* May 2, 2014 : A number of ghostly white circular objects were photographed above Hokitika Airport. A weather observer said they could be perihelion, caused by ice crystals in the atmosphere.
* August 3, 2013: A West Coast man said he came face to face with a UFO. Matthew Robert, a mechanic from Rutherglen, came across a UFO shaped like a car that suddenly lifted into the sky in a blinding light.
* January 6, 2013: Paihia man Rob Clarke saw a pair of lights travelling slowly across the night sky.
* December 11, 2012: Graham Jones, from Whangarei, saw three strange lights in the sky that hovered then flew away.
* July 2012: A retired commercial pilot saw a large silver spherical object and two white/silver V-shaped objects over Tauranga Harbour.
* June 2012: A passenger on a plane approaching Tauranga from Rotorua saw a silver/white disc-shaped object ( via nzherald.co.nz ).
* Christmas/New Year 1978: Unidentified flying objects off the coast of Kaikoura became New Zealand's most famous UFO sighting