Did Bill Gates buy a $645 MILLION luxury superyacht?
The timing, interesting...
Well, however, the yacht is not set to sail until 2024.
By then "the plague" will have died off... hopefully.
According to The Telegraph, Gates has bought a ' hydrogen-powered superyacht ' of $645 million, the 'Sinot Aqua' (please also read the update below).
Some facts about Gates new luxury "escape":
- Bill Gates, 64, is known to regularly take vacations onboard superyachts but this is the first time he will own one
- Aqua yacht is powered with liquid hydrogen stored in two tanks at -423F, meaning its only emission is water
- Powered by liquid hydrogen that will let it travel nearly 4,000 miles before it needs to refuel
- Comes with space for 14 guests, a gym, yoga studio, and massage parlor, and cascading pool on the rear deck
- Artist's impression of the boat along with a 10ft scale model was unveiled at the Monaco Yacht Show in 2019
- Gates is known to regularly take vacations onboard superyachts and would usually rent boats during summer trips to the Mediterranean, however, this is the first time he has bought one
It’s unclear how The Telegraph, which originated the rumor, came about its information. But there is a catch, reports the BBC. The Sinot company, which presented a concept of the luxury ship at the Monaco Yacht Show a year ago, knows nothing of this interest. There is no contact with Gates or any of his employees. "We have no business relationship with Gates," the company's website goes on to say. The IT billionaire himself has not yet commented on the case.
Now, that is intersting. First the big fuzz, then the Internet backlash, follow by the denail from the ship maker.