620 mile wide space hurricane above earths atmosphere

Scientists looking through data from six years ago found that there was a space hurricane over our north pole that rained down electrons. Here’s a few snips from the article.

“Scientists said last week they observed a previously unknown phenomenon — a 620-mile-wide swirling mass of plasma that roiled for hours in Earth’s upper atmosphere, raining electrons instead of water.”

“It really wasn’t expected,” said Larry Lyons, a professor of atmospheric and oceanic sciences at the University of California, Los Angeles. “It wasn’t even theoretically known.”

“You could see flows of plasma going around, which were like the winds of the space hurricane,” he said.

Swirling mass of plasma raining electrons observed above Earth for first time (msn.com)

3 Likes

Electrons play an important role in oxidation-reduction reactions. It’s believed electrons find an easy path to enter the body and perhaps able to neutralize the oxidative stress.

Has there been any important figures taking expeditions there during this period?

1 Like

Not sure if any expeditions were going on. As far as relieving oxidative stress, would this space storm raining electrons be something that would benefit longevity for those in the area or what is the relation between those variables? That’s not something I’m familiar with.

1 Like

Yeah its supposed to be extremely good for you. …apparently anyway. Can’t say I’ve gotten to verify this.

This is just from past articles I’ve read so I did a couple quick Google searches and it seems to be a common thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.