Ahem… now birds are racist

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/interactive/2021/bird-names-racism-audubon/

I’ll let the other ornithologists on here handle this one…

5 Likes

What a joke were living in.

7 Likes

But dont forget Blackbirds lives matter

21 Likes

Youre racist for posting this. I am racist for responding to you being racist.

11 Likes
1 Like

People don’t even remember or associate birds with these people anymore. What are we supposed to call them then?. Gay, lesbian, queer, trans etc, to liberate these beings, and in 20 years change it to bird in general?. “Mom, look at the bird in the sky!, son, it’s a gay bird”.

7 Likes

Poor fish will be next ffs!

5 Likes

Ahem…

And the poor goblin shark has it comin’…

3 Likes

IMO anything like this should be used as a teaching point, I feel the last thing anybody should do is to start changing the names of these birds, (that could make them "angry birds":roll_eyes:) not that I even knew the names of any of these birds they’re talking about but I feel the same way about statues, use them as a teaching point, don’t rip them down or even move them, instead bring people especially kids to them and teach them about these people… and birds.

7 Likes

As the old saying goes,

" Birds of a feather, flock together. "

Replies are racist. I am a racist for responding to your reply about a racist posting and you being racist to him being racist.

Typing is racist.

Water is racist. If you drink it you’re drinking racism and becoming a racist.

Let’s cancel water.

Also,air conditioning is racist. If you are white and sitting around in the cool comfort of A/C on a muggy hot day (like today) , you are in fact a Nazi.

Let’s cancel air conditioning.

1 Like

Totally agree with you.

There should be additional notes added to everything to point out the barbarity, slavery racism and all other ‘isms’ associated with it.

Changing the name runs the risk of sweeping this history under the carpet.

Instead it should be a constant reminder of our failings.

2 Likes

I cant believe how extra racist your comment is.

1 Like

Using the term “extra racist” is as racist as an “infinite racist” when replying in the racist fashion that is racist to the racist’s comment which was racist to begin.

I think instead, all birds should be exterminated!!
A flock of seagulls just carpet-bombed my car!

Its a literal sheet of skeet! … “Down With the Flying Menace” !!!

2 Likes

Hell if I’m racist then you’re racist , THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD IS RACIST!!!..

4 Likes

You need to run…run sooo far away…

Seagulls are Nazis. VERY racist.

Moreso than the racist whooping crane.

The red herring is racist as well.

And tweety birds? Oh man…don’t get me f@#kin started bro.

1 Like