CAESAR'S Messiah.... The Roman conspiracy to invent Jesus Christ

Most people haven’t looked into it but there is evidence that the romans could of invented the character of Jesus Christ to pacify the Jews and at the same time consolidate power in Judea…

1 Like

More Conspiracy Nonsense

Poor Hercules, trying to fight the Hydra. Once he lops off one head….

So I’ve received several emails over the past couple of days about the breathtaking new announcement to be made on October 19 (assuming the world still is functioning after October 17!) in London by “American Biblical scholar” Joseph Atwill (whom – I have to admit – I have never even heard of, to my recollection) In this announcement Mr. (so far as I can tell, from his blog, he is not a “Dr.”; in what sense is he a “scholar”? Is it because he’s read a bunch of book? Hmm….) Atwill will “prove” that “the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ.”

In other words – brace yourself – Jesus is in fact a myth. Has anyone heard this before?

For the full story, go to

Atwill is a different breed from most mythicists. That’s probably good and bad. Good because, well, you wouldn’t like to be like the others. Bad because, well, you really shouldn’t want to be one at all. In any event, here is Mr. Atwill’s case in a nutshell, as described in this earth-shattering press release (referenced above):

“Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. “Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century,” he explains. “When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That’s when the ‘peaceful’ Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to ‘give onto Caesar’ and pay their taxes to Rome.”

The operative word in this description is the second one: “asserts.” I know sophomores in college who could rip this assertion to shreds. For now, let me just put out some talking points, in hopes that I don’t have to talk about them at any length.

For instance, atheist Richard Carrier (of infidels.org) writes,

Joseph Atwill is one of those crank mythers I often get conflated with. Mythicists like him make the job of serious scholars like me so much harder, because people see, hear, or read them and think their nonsense is what mythicism is. They make mythicism look ridiculous. So I have to waste time (oh by the gods, so much time) explaining how I am not arguing anything like their theories or using anything like their terrible methods, and unlike them I actually know what I am talking about, and have an actual Ph.D. in a relevant subject from a real university… his theory entails a massive and weirdly erudite conspiracy of truly bizarre scope and pedigree… Atwill is a total crank, and his work should be ignored, indeed everywhere warned against as among the worst of mythicism, not representative of any serious argument that Jesus didn’t exist.
http://www.evidenceunseen.com/theology/book-reviews/a-critique-of-joseph-atwills-covert-messiah/

Actually, lots of scholars have “looked into it” and nearly to a man they’ve all debunked it. You don’t know that because you are a phony of the highest order. You do realize that even if Jesus was a myth, and you were intellectually honest, you’d have to pick one thesis or theory, not just present them all as though they are the same and all equally valid. You’ve ingested so much nonscholarly nonsense you can no longer even distinguish what argument you are trying to present. I however am familiar with why you are wrong and cannot defend your positions with words. LOLZ

1 Like

ohh wait … there’s more… your information is old… Robert price used to think the same on now he’s on board with atwill… then there’s this…

your not one top of these things like I am…

Interesting theory :+1:

You act as if Robert Price has some sort of say just because he’s one of you atheist gurus. If he has had this change of heart, post it from his own words, not a video. If someone like Price were to validate Atwill’s nonsense, he’s write about it. I don’t care what he says on a podcast of like minded circle jerkers. Post an essay that he would have written addressing this change of heart… You probably can’t bro. Now, let me help you out in your own search, as phony and incomplete as that search is, how do you suppose the Roman’s could have invented Christianity in the 70s CE, when even atheist scholars concede that Paul’s writings are from the 50s? And on that note, how could it be possible for Nero, who died in the 50sCE written edicts against the Christians if they did not yet exist? Sorry man, you’re just a plain old brainwashed nonscholar. You don’t know enough about history and existing texts to make an informed decision. You just post any old video you stumble across as though they all support your agenda. But to those informed, you are posting contradictory information even to your own supposed stance. You my friend are a jumbled mess of contradictions and bad information.

yeah he’s one of those scholars you see you seem to leave out… you pick bart erhman like if he’s an apologist or something… Bart doesn’t “believe” Jesus is the son of god… he “believes” a man named Jesus existed and taught good things… but then he “believes” myths and legends were added… you can see this very clearly especially when you compare mark and John gospel…

then you get Richard carrier to try to prove some point… carrier doesn’t “believe” Jesus existed at all as a man… but as a angel… he also says the gospel didn’t happen on earth but in heaven… and this is the guy who’s gonna help your point?.. good luck…

So no, you can’t prove anything about Price? That’s what I thought. Bye bye.

Interesting like a fiction maybe.

about price?.. what is there to prove about price?

ok… go run away… I stay right here…

Post the essay of Price addressing his sudden recant of Atwill’s theory. Nobody is going to watch your vids bro. I read and I write what I debate. Now, you made a claim, find me the words brah?

here listen to him yourself…
httqps://youtu.be/pfXhUJ2fdwE

we are living in the technical age… we can post videos now without having to type out everything that’s been said…

no… I post the videos so those who wish to enlighten themselves can… you hold the age old church tradition of saying what can be watched … your for censorship … I post the videos so people can choose and make up their minds… as to if the information true or false…

1 Like

One word… Tartaria

1 Like

Regardless of anyones beliefs, it is an interesting topic.

2 Likes

see how he stays quiet when I “proved” to him that Robert price has changed his mind on Atwills Cesar messiah…

but will never wonder … what else could I be wrong about…

Unfortunately, some people are unreasonable, single minded and unable to debate without resorting to personal attacks. That’s just the way it is sadly.

2 Likes