4 Likes

@Star_Scrier
@Star_Man
@skippychippy

@punx1965
@shadow1like

@captchaos

1 Like

Im a lot slow, but , i dont understand what the writing actually has to do with alchemy

It reads to me, to be one with nature and observe.

But then again,…WTF do i know?

Please enlighten🙏🏻

I find it interesting that almost all cults and alchamists which more often than not mix cultish superstitions or “magic” in with their activities all whisper and hint of “lost” or “forgotten” knowlege when more often than not it’s a lie or just bits and pieces of ancient religions that have nothing to do with science.

The Emerald tablets exist I have seen interviews and seen pictures but I don’t think it was some god or super magical “being” I think it was somone or somthing that had advanced knowledge that our planet did not.

The tablet(s) are written in a language not common today if ever from our society or culture.

The simple light bulb was “wonderous” and even part of the world fair in Paris at one time for “amazing and wonderous inventions”.

If you don’t understand HOW somthing works or you don’t know that all of nature follows predictable patterns and reactions then almost any technology we take for granted could be explained with “magic”.

1 Like

I’ve actually just done a translate directly from Latin and it is saying something different than what is interpreted on the link.
Here it is…

But, without error, certain and most

That which is below is like that which is above, and what is above is like that which is below, to accomplish the miracles of one only thing.

And as all things were from One, by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.

The father is the sun. Mother is the Moon, the wind carried it in its belly, the nurse is the earth.

Father of perfection [12] throughout the world.

Its power is integrating if it be turned into earth.

Thou shalt separate the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross, suavely, and with great ingenuity.

Drive away all shadows.

This is the whole of the strength of the strong force, for it vanquishes every subtle thing and penetrate every solid thing.

Thus the world was created.

Hence proceed wonders, which is here. Therefore am I called Hermes the Thrice Great, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole of the world.

What I have said about the operation of the sun.

4 Likes

Thank You

Always a Pleasure

1 Like

Much Obligied

It actually sounds like a twisted passage from the Torah about how everything in Heaven is how it is below and God is in control of it all.

It could also have been somone trying to use religious terms common for the time to explain physics.

In Chinese Medicine they explain all disorders and diseases as “lakes and rivers” having too much “heat” or “cold”. It really sounds like somone over dosed on LSD and accidentally walked into a anatomy seminar and then tried to tell a friend about it later.

The Strange thing is Chinese medicine has quite a few things they can help with or sometimes CURE that traditional western medicine cannot help with.

My dad studied Chinese medicine for four years and still has his tonsils at over 65 because he did acupuncture on his neck instead of going to the doctor to have them cut out. They went back to normal after only a half hour of him doing it

sometimes I think many of the weirdest passages from ancient scrolls or books were not cults or religious texts as much as somone with advanced knowledge trying to explain physics to somone that still whiped his butt with tree leaves and thought there were evil spirits in the bathroom after somone dropped a stinker.

3 Likes

Smh made a thread on Hermeticism and don’t tag the one Hermetician you know on this site, u lucky my heart is already broken into a million pieces :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Amen Brotha…

Oh Noooo…

I Thought I Tagged You
Dear Oto :fire: :kissing_heart:

Apologies…

This subject has always intriuged me.

Its believed the tablet is made of moldevite.
And rumored to glow at times.

The passage referenced is only an inroductive.

There is alot of alchemical reference in the symbols of his works, often representing planets and/or the metals or chemicals associated with such.

The investigation gets deep when finding
references to the halls of Amente.

Caution though, this subject has alot of dark occult associated with it too.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeppers… :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

@MrNice
@Monkey
@crestmonkey

Its all good babe, cant be mad at mah girl for too long and we all makes mistakes and shit :kissing_heart:

Awww www Shucks…

Ok…So…

Any Thoughts?

Hemes was a thinker
I believe the Egyptians were losing power (due to climate change) a couple thousand years back…
Religions of the regions were the governments of the regions. We know how much humans get along with others that don’t believe as they do. Lot o killing in our history for gods and God.
Hermes was basically doing what "Constantine does in the 3rd century. Bring familiarity and order to the people that the “government” per se ruled. Constantine wanted 1 “Bible” So they throw out all the gospels …except the ones they, at their time, think are best. The Bible is incomplete because of this IMO. Hermes I believe was adapting other religions to his “philosophy”.
Hermes in his day was scientist and Philosopher and Spiritual Leader. Chemistry and Astronomy were part of his Interests.
I don’t know if the “Alchemy” part is what we think of today.
But he had Philosophy like

Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity ~Hermes

He speaks of “The Mind” which I always equated to the Akashic records.

I believe that in medieval time he gets a bum rap for they like to fear about Magic and Alchemy.
Devils work they said. Time and re telling of the stories get things muddied up…

But I believe he was bringing in followers of the Egyptian god Toth and like, all religions, They will adapt some of the “pagan” or “former” religion to make it more palatable for the new generation to follow.
As for the Emerald Tablet…I think it is just a long translated story, with common themes from other old writings. Whether Hermes wrote it or someone else did, It has been a “mystery” and has not got much traction for a few millennium. Hermetism did not survive the years like Christianity or Islam or Buddism.
I could be wrong
Very Interesting historical time that we don’t know enough of though…Nice post Bren!

3 Likes