8 Likes

@skippychippy

@punx1965
@Star_Scrier
@Shadow1like

2 Likes

@CrestMonkey

Well that was interesting.

Fort walls in multiple countries, all constructed in different eras all exhibiting vitrification.

Definately does not seem intensional construction as the process would weaken the structure. Coupled with the fact that the vitrification is observed to just cover some surfaces, and in others the process seems to be deeply embedded.

There are so many references to building remains, and places showing this kind of damage, that it becomes natural to wonder;

• What could have caused this?

• When could this have happened?

• Was this a world wide event?

• Could it have affected plants, or animals?

• Was this reserved only to the Earth?

• Could it happen again?

Granted, if it only pertains to buildings, and the damage done to said buildings is not within same time frame then it only makes since that it wouldve been caused by an unknown weapon of warfare… Maybe a form of Greekfire?

Lets see where it goes. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Does Raise Alot of Questions

And Speculation

:face_with_monocle: Short of a tactical nuke I have absolutely no idea how this could happen. I would check to see if the walls were virtrified in the area of a blast pattern.

Why scottland? they were not known for using advanced weaponry or even much for armor half the time.

I would try to find a connection between the forts like who owned them origionally, who built them origionally, and if there is any traces of foreign culture in the area at the time.

The greeks had “greek fire” which was proven to be hot enough to melt some stone and metal but virtrification is a whole different thing it takes nuclear or volcano range temperatures.

And Its Not in Any Kind Of

Uniformity…

That Would Suggest

Nukes or Volcanism…

Weirdnezz

Mainstream archs of course have a boring but likely idea:

It is now believed a timber superstructure supported by the ramparts was set alight, with the fire burning down on the stones and heating them up “like an oven”, according to Matt Ritchie, archaeologist with Forestry Enterprise Scotland.

3 Likes

There were fire breathing dragons in those days…

2 Likes

Very interesting.

Ffs…Ridiculous…

More Believable

@catman

Thoughts??

1 Like

@mklp316

honestly I’m more likely to believe in tactical nukes or something more potent than greek fire because from what they can tell there was at least one nuclear explosion near ancient Egypt and a piece of nuclear glass is actually part of tutenkomon’s sarcophogus.

1 Like

Interesting all day long and half the night …pull me up if I’m wrong…but I thought vitrification was believed to have strengthened fort wall etc?..could it be they were deliberately burnt?..maybe some sap/oil hence the patchy ness? :beers:

1 Like

That was an interesting find… Thank you for sharing… :smiley:

I Really Just Have

NO IDEA

1 Like