Humility did it for me

Hello fellow truth seekers!
First of all, please excuse me for my poor English. It’s not my home language but i will try my best.
After years of enjoying your articles and comments i found it time to join the discussions.
Not a day has gone by that i did not come here to see what interesting stuff you have found for me to read and watch.
Witch brings me to the truth “tellers”…
You know, the ones always bringing God and Jesus to almost every topic and talking heaven like they have been there like twenty times, having the meaning of life explained by the great lord himself and then having the need to convince everybody else they have a relation with God, but strangely enough, the only thing that convinces them of what they actually believe themselves is the confirmation of the people they are trying to convince.

No need be offended, i used to be like that a long time ago. Because that’s exactly what happens when you feel God calling in your gut, willing to do everything it takes to get to know him…
Then you go to church. Trying to be convinced by a man who now needs YOUR confirmation to be able to convince you…

Here’s a little lesson in humility i got from an “old friend”…

Imagine the end of the universe. I know you think it’s impossible but imagine you somehow found it.
Imagine how long it would take for you to get there.
Imagine you have a telescope and how long it would take for you to zoom in and somehow finally find your planet. Somewhere on that planet is a little tiny dot. That dot is you…
Now… How important do you think you are… What you think… What you feel… Standing from the end of the universe…

Now throw away everything you ever heard anybody say about religion and start looking for god all over again. By yourself…

5 Likes

I both like and agree to your comment, that is a personal journey, I feel that i am a spiritual person, feel like there is something there, but rather than name it, or follow some ritual to attain it, all I gotta do is listen and feel it. And sometimes, just sometimes, enormous personal and mental revelations come, but I think that really starts to hit by time we hit middle age… when we have enough experiences and the hindsight to remember and ponder upon. No matter what it may be, it is personal, and always should be.
One good quote I will share from someone my ex told her about the religious community, and it is about community after all, especially coffee after and getting time to talk to folks you normally won’t see…
“churches are hospitals for sinners, not hotels for saints.”
I agree with that. Don’t always agree with the whole, we are all sinners inherently thing…
but it is about community, but communities don’t have to force themselves on ya either… eh?

1 Like

I think it’s neat how one can Know god through study, and then there’s the knowing god on the subtle intimate fields within the deep calm inside the mind. There’s higher self, the wise immortal soul aspect that knows this GOD energy, but so few actually KNOW God to be able to bring forth a language that captures its essence for all to understand. I think that’s the most intriguing aspect about this thing we call God.

1 Like

Im a believer, dont push my religious views on others.
Religion shouldnt be a debate.
Believe or not.

Omnism… Hmm new one on me.
:sunglasses:

I always find it peculiar when someone writes an OP criticizing certain beliefs and believers for sharing their faith, then, in the same breath…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.