Is This The World's First Real-life Retractable Lightsaber?

Very cool, way better than I could ever hope to attempt but wake me up when we got an ‘actual’ lightsaber and not a glorified backpack torch.

It works similarly to how lightsabers do in the movies and is by far the closest we’ve ever come to having a real lightsaber.

5 Likes

So cool…reminds me of the old scepters :beers:
scepter

Well, that really impressed me.

Plasma? What? Glassblowing (specifically Lampworking) is my hobby and I actually own the torch that this is based on (GTT Mirage). It is an oxygen / propane fuel mix. The blue you are looking at is simply an oxygen rich flame. Where are they getting “plasma” from??

1 Like

This was invention was just posted a week ago. Was awsome though!!

@TheIncredulousHulk
Your correct. This one is not plasma. And technically isnt a light saber either but is what was refferd to as a proto saber. Powered, fueled by backpack. :sunglasses:

Yall think thats impressive? I have a buddy who works with Water Jets, basically you cut shit with a hose that shoots water so fast it cuts things…even metal, without leaving any fire damage like something that uses fire would:

Soon to be ordered by Police forces near you

“Got to catch them all”

Now then…that was very, very cool. 4000 degree cool!

Hat’s off to those clever blokes.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.