Man-Made or Natural? Mysterious, Giant Face Discovered on Cliff in Canada

Ooooh weeee, here goes…i know nature works in weird and wonderful ways and is quite happy throwing oddities in all directions…so I can see respect both sides of this topic…

A mysterious, “large” face on the cliffside of an island in the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve has recently been re-discovered by a man who has been searching for the face for over two years, according to government agency Parks Canada…

It’s believed to about 7 feet in height… Hank Gus of the Tseshaht First Nation, an aboriginal group in the area, first heard about the “face in the rocks” of Reeks Island, part of the Broken Group Islands, two years ago after hearing a story that a kayaking tourist spotted the face in 2008, said Parks Canada First Nation’s program manager Matthew Payne. He added that Gus was not able to find the reported face until just a few weeks ago…

The area has been occupied for thousands of years and now oral history is being investigated to see if there is any mention of “the face on the rock”…

What do we think guys?..are these formations naturally occurring and utilised by people who occupy the surrounding area…think “the white lady of Mali” here…yes it looks like a face, yes there’s allegedly caves nearby BUT, only one angle seems to be available…

Cheers guys :beers:

13 Likes

Are there any other pics Skip? Why is the video just the same still photo? If there is ancient stone work there you’d think it would be investigated by their people. :+1:

1 Like

Bare with me mate, I’m trying to find some images…I assumed the kayaker would’ve snapped some…it’s been known about for awhile so I’m hoping I can find something :beers:

3 Likes

Hopefully their people can get in there safely and document it.

2 Likes

Hopefully…I’m had a look at google images and there are a few there under British Columbia face in the rock…

This looks different to me though, the features look off…this one is apparently near a logging operation, I’ve got NFI lol…but this article looks to have been lifted straight off ancient origins :beers:

3 Likes

What’s the size of that?

1 Like

That’s a Completely Diff Image

2 Likes

I’m not sure mate, but this one is different I think we’ve got seperate images in one spot here’s the write up on that particular face…interestingly though, have a look at the rock surrounding it :beers:

3 Likes

A diff what lol?..turns out canuckian rock faces are everywhere :rofl: :beers:

1 Like

Anyhow …OP Image Appears

To Be Natural …

With Some Help From Light

3 Likes

Duuuudddeee…:rofl:

Yeah I was thinking they softened it up to make it noticeable but it’s on an odd angle too :beers:

Yeah …Just Looks Face Ish

1 Like

A zoom in shot so we could see if these visible marks would be nice but I’m inclined to agree this one is a natural formation :beers:

If you notice, there are 3 more faces in this picture.

2 Likes

Agreed.toolmarks from human working or grinding or whatever they used .it cud be a natural shape modified by man unlike my cousins in west Virginia say. Paradollia…clouds,rocks, a pile of poo can all look like something.its human nature to see faces in all these things innature… more pics and has anyone lookedforhuman touching it…

1 Like

I did notice the one below, but I can’t seem to spot the other one…where abouts is it on the image mate? :beers:

Thats cool. Never even heard of it.

The sister in law is learning to de a doc on Vancouver Island. She’s also the hiking type. Spent her 20s traveling the globe by herself oddly enough so the chances of her hearing about it at least should be good. Going to have to quiz her on this one since she so close.
:beers:

1 Like

Pareidolia…big time… another so called “face” found in a wall of fragmented rock.
my opinion…

2 Likes