Nazi shipwreck key to Russian Amber Room treasure

afbeelding

For the WW II history lovers among members.

Nazi ship Karlsruhe was the last vessel to depart from Königsberg in 1945. It was loaded with German plunder as part of an epic evacuation dubbed Operation Hannibal. Divers found it’s watery grave …

6 Likes

they wrong funny, the ember room its in a bunker between germany and polish
but they saythey dont will open it because they dont want trouble if they want it back

2 Likes

Please share some links if you have them, interesting subject and I’m unaware of this info.

1 Like

at the moment cant find exactly on web what i mine, had see it on tv

2 Likes

Danke mein herr, I need to polish my German reading skills… much obliged.

1 Like

Nice one Cat…I’ll have to ask my step mum…she fled the war as a kid and is polish…I remember as a kid listening to her and her mum talking in polish so I think she’d still speak the lingo :beers:

1 Like

Intriguing. I bet there’s more to be found yet🍻

2 Likes

Fascinating! 1 of the world’s most magnificent treasures … I thought that at least some of it had been found ?

2 Likes

Ahh haa! So its not on some secret burried train in poland.

I wonder how many hidden bunkers or “secret underground stashes” filled with loot from the war “off the records” are around the world yet to be discovered…Germany was good at erasing records and anyone that MIGHT know about somthing was shot just for good measure.

The commanders were the worst especially the ones involved in murdering the Jews and plundering the museums of Europe.

1 Like

after the story that i know , had a ss man kill 20 worker that transportet the amber room to polish
and stor it in a bunker

1 Like

That’s why everyone is speculating because they killed everyone who MIGHT have known about it, burned the reports and almost everyone involved was killed or died by now.

Germany had a policy “if they were not vital to transportation, maintenance or sometimes reproduction” everyone involved was shot to ensure security.

According to most experts they would have won the war if they had simply been able to develop many of the weapons they were working on into field ready versions.

2 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, wasn’t aware of it back in October and I obviously failed to check dtv yesterday for similar stories. :beers:

1 Like

I don’t blame you for posting mate. It’s a very interesting story. :beers:

1 Like

Have you heard anything new since, somebody diving mysterious chest out and open it?

No nothing yet but it seems as though we will know more very soon. Intriguing for sure. It would be a shame for all of those artifacts to disappear forever.

1 Like

I Read That as

Polish

Not polish… :rofl:

2 Likes