Researchers Say "A Dyson Sphere Could Bring Humans Back From the Dead."

• Russian researchers have outlined several ways technological resurrection may be possible in the future, including a method called digital immortality: restoration based on recordings.
  • In this method, a superintelligent AI uses the cosmic Dyson Sphere megastructure to harness computing energy from the sun.
  • Humans can’t build a Dyson Sphere—yet—but the researchers say nanorobots could one day do the job.

" Imagine this: In the far, far future, long after you’ve died, you’ll eventually come back to life. So will everyone else who ever had a hand in the history of human civilization. But in this scenario, returning from the dead is the relatively normal part. The journey home will be a hell of a lot weirder than the destination.

:arrow_right: You love weird f#@!-ing science. So do we. Let’s nerd out over this stuff together.

"Here’s how it will go down: A megastructure called a Dyson Sphere will provide a superintelligent artificial agent (AI) with the enormous amounts of power it needs to collect as much historical and personal data about you, so it can rebuild your exact digital copy. Once it’s finished, you’ll live your whole life (again) in a simulated reality, and when the time comes for you to die (again), you’ll be transported into a simulated afterlife, à la Black Mirror’s “San Junipero,” where you’ll get to hang out with your friends, family, and favorite celebrities forever.

Yes, this is mind-boggling. But someday, it might also be very real.

This is Plan C of the “Immortality Roadmap,” a project on which Russian transhumanist and life extensionist Alexey Turchin has been working since 2014. Turchin recently laid out the details in a paper he published with fellow transhumanist Maxim Chernyakov called “Classification of Approaches to Technological Resurrection.” (Plans A, B, and D involve life extension, cryonics, and quantum immortality, respectively. You can find arguments justifying how each can lead to immortality in the paper.)

When Turchin was 11 years old, a girl in his class died. The experience planted the first seeds of the possibility of eternal life in his young mind. “I started to think in science-fiction terms about what could be done,” Turchin tells Pop Mech."

1 Like

The first and last time i ever heard of a Dysonsphere was in Star Trek TNG…
I didn`t realise they were an actual thing???!!!
I will read and watch some more on this now… :+1:

2 Likes

funny that nostradamus predicted a zombie apocalypse for 2021 plus we got brain dead people taking the vaccine. i can put 2 and 2 together

2 Likes

Can a Dyson Sphere resurrect a planet ? The Earth has no future it’s a doomed planet hence our reality and the reason the spiritual world is so prevalent to us, we have nothing to come back for. Most planets in the universe that can sustain life last long enough for the Inhabitance to attain immortality.

1 Like

Interesting that Dyson has also pointed out, many times, that the climate change crisis is scientific ninsense, and that the effects of having a bit more CO2 in the atmosphere are all beneficial to oife on Earth.

3 Likes

Flouride Zombies man, once the world see what humans really are these are the people who will remain violent and zombie like as their faith is nonexsistent

1 Like

Wow, I better make up stuff about myself on Wikipedia.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.